Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-07-2023, 08:27 AM
Planar Protector

Default Halfling War SSF Permadeath Run

I am currently playing a SSF Halfing Warrior and doing a Permadeath run. I chose halfling because of the starting area having a lot of guards for security, the exp bonus, hide, and being able to use more vendors.

The biggest challenge so far is that Misty Thicket is probably the poorest starting zone. By the time I hit level 3 on an Ogre character I normally have close to 10 plat. In contrast, my halfling, Phatboss, only gained 1 plat by the time he hit level 3, lol. The only way I could afford a bag was to use the roaming NPC for the bug quest to get a free 6 slot bag.

Right now I am almost level 5 and just now got full cloth armor (I had to buy all the pieces). In the time I've been playing I've watched a level 3 fully twinked halfling die twice, lol. Made me feel good, not dying once so far.

Anyone else tried a permadeath run? I am recording my progress, but have not uploaded anything yet. I have a brand new baby boy and can only play in short bursts, but will upload once I have 5+ videos done.
Old 03-07-2023, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

tread lightly
Old 03-07-2023, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Search “no time to rez”

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 03-07-2023, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tread lightly
Would be cool to take bets on how far I make it before I die, lol. Winner gets an AoN and CoF. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-07-2023, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Level 7

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 03-08-2023, 05:59 AM
Kobold

I play all my toons permadeath but I don't restrict myself to SSF. And I "cheat" a bit by sometimes having a toon slated for restart do some of the heavy lifting with tracking, clearing the way, mq-ing and such.

The cheating aside, I can tell you that I've spent many hours doing low level stuff...
If you still need free bags, the tax collection box is a good 10 slotter if you're willing to make the trip to Qeynos, and while you're there, the paladin guild gives a quest or 2 with 4 or 6 slot bags you're supposed to fill also.

Another option is to make the bard mail run to Freeport (safer than the trip to Qeynos) and stop by the bard in Nek forest for that additional bag of mail, earning some coin to buy a bag or bags.

And since you're doing permadeath, you should investigate the squad ring (quested - 1 charge Healing) and the prayer beads (2 charges Healing) for emergency life-saving.

good luck and enjoy the ride
Old 03-08-2023, 08:33 AM
Kobold

Lotsa wolves there, could of tailored up patchwork instead of buying cloth.
Balamorm<ALS> - Barbarian Rogue
Deetith - Iksar Monk
Old 03-08-2023, 02:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would be cool to take bets on how far I make it before I die, lol. Winner gets an AoN and CoF. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Level 26, caught by something nasty while running through the Karanas.
Old 03-08-2023, 02:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquestalot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play all my toons permadeath but I don't restrict myself to SSF. And I "cheat" a bit by sometimes having a toon slated for restart do some of the heavy lifting with tracking, clearing the way, mq-ing and such.

The cheating aside, I can tell you that I've spent many hours doing low level stuff...
If you still need free bags, the tax collection box is a good 10 slotter if you're willing to make the trip to Qeynos, and while you're there, the paladin guild gives a quest or 2 with 4 or 6 slot bags you're supposed to fill also.

Another option is to make the bard mail run to Freeport (safer than the trip to Qeynos) and stop by the bard in Nek forest for that additional bag of mail, earning some coin to buy a bag or bags.

And since you're doing permadeath, you should investigate the squad ring (quested - 1 charge Healing) and the prayer beads (2 charges Healing) for emergency life-saving.

good luck and enjoy the ride
What is 'SSF'?
Old 03-08-2023, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousHalflings [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is 'SSF'?
solo self funded

basically 0 outside help

aka: ive beaten eq every other way imaginable and have yet to have the mental fortitude to uninstall / walk away so here i am