Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should Casters have to Med with Spell book ???
Yes... Melee have it rough... 12 42.86%
No... I am against looking at my book. 6 21.43%
Indifferent don't care. 3 10.71%
I play blue 99 7 25.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 10:26 AM
Banned

Default Discord - Casters looking at spell books for even chance for Melee <Poll inside>

I for one think the Discord server should be tuned to have casters med with spellbooks. Melee have a extreme disadvantage IMO. It would be nice if we could implement this classic feature to level the curb of this game to a classic approach...
Old 10-15-2015, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

Yes

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:30 AM
Banned

yes melee have it rough,

but no i am against looking at my book

can't multivote

i have an extra wide monitor i do not want to use 1999 low technology "classic" ui lol
Old 10-15-2015, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

They can't do it. The titanium client is the issue, it's not an on/off switch. The same reason they can't have classic era night vision among other things.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

They could make meditate skill require a big pop up window that is equal to the size of your entire EQ window and the skill automatically turns off when the window is closed.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

But yeah it aint happening. I mean, they didn't even make a discord sub forum and that takes about 20 seconds for an average shmuck who knows nothing about coding.

We are asking them to code for this server. if it happens I will be amazed.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:27 AM
Banned

Voted yes because bronze weapons arent very good!
Old 10-15-2015, 11:48 AM
Sarnak

Melee should stick to R99 where their massive resists make them beasts (see some sanders post). Discord should be classic naked wizards nuking. This is life, I will lev and nuke while your broke warrior ass can't afford pumice.

Also, thanks for clearing up the night vision thing, no wonder my memories of only seeing 6 feet with a fire beetle eye in classic did not line up with this always daytime we now have.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAPhoenix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Melee should stick to R99 where their massive resists make them beasts (see some sanders post). Discord should be classic naked wizards nuking. This is life, I will lev and nuke while your broke warrior ass can't afford pumice.

Also, thanks for clearing up the night vision thing, no wonder my memories of only seeing 6 feet with a fire beetle eye in classic did not line up with this always daytime we now have.
I remember playing a barbarian and having to essentially memorize the keystrokes to get through the last stretch of the tunnel into blackburrow since it was complete darkness. Goog times.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember playing a barbarian and having to essentially memorize the keystrokes to get through the last stretch of the tunnel into blackburrow since it was complete darkness. Goog times.
God that first greater light stone on every toon was so good. I also remember pulling light sources in pvp to avoid detection.