Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

A few questions..

Do dots stack ie 2 necros cast Heat Blood?

What is the difference between Necro Pet and Magician Pet(s)? Which one does the most dps? Which one tanks the best?

How reliable is charm for adding dps or is it too risky?

Do Clerics get a spell that summons an item that would allow another class to rez them if they die? Saw this in EQ2, I just don't remember seeing it in EQ.

Does giving armor to pets add to their AC and other stats?

How well does the Enchanter pet tank? I have no idea how it would compare to a Necro pet.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:30 PM
Kobold

Beastlord/Berserker imo

Too bad you can't both be named "Karsten" as well, that would be killer.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A few questions

How well does the Enchanter pet tank? I have no idea how it would compare to a Necro pet.
Not sure about this server or Classic 1999 era but back when I played enchanter pets were never on par and never meant to be on par with necro pets or any others for that matter. Enchanter pets were never meant to be as strong.

Charms became more viable in later expansions, especially once enchanters get AA's that help with duration and defense bonuses that help keep the chanter alive. That being said, I've seen chanters on this server successfully soloing guards in a few cities by charming 1 guard as a pet. The key I think is knowing when to "reverse charm" and swap out an old pet for a new one.
Personally I find that playing with others is much more enjoyable then charm soloing and the exp/loot comes faster due to the sheer speed of kills and lack of downtime. But, to each his/her own.

Don't know for certain about pieces of scrap armor (very difficult to quantify a few AC here and there) however AC buffs do help a great deal, same goes for STR, and haste buffs. Since weapons seem to effect pets (ie: stun whips) I would imagine that giving a pet a breastplate must do something.

I know in PoP mages had all sorts of pet gear they could summon and equip on their little floaty guys.

...... I forget what else I was going to write...[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread