Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 04:26 PM
Fire Giant

I hopped on and killed a dark blue con aviak in SK. I was full hp, the fight ended with me winning but having like 2% health left. I did not use Mend.

The fact that my monk could even solo 1 dark blue con means something has changed big time. Although I did not record one dodge or block during the fight, it does seem much better in that I don't get ROFLstomped every time I try to solo a dark blue.

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Old 11-23-2009, 04:27 PM
Kobold

Thanks for being so vigilant on the issue, its really appreciated.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by girth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hopped on and killed a dark blue con aviak in SK. I was full hp, the fight ended with me winning but having like 2% health left. I did not use Mend.

The fact that my monk could even solo 1 dark blue con means something has changed big time. Although I did not record one dodge or block during the fight, it does seem much better in that I don't get ROFLstomped every time I try to solo a dark blue.
Well you lived so I have to agree, that it is better. I think it has to do with the old classic monk AC calculation and this being the titanium edition.

I tried to look on the old boards for the post I made about it. Had some quotes from Abashi but the boards are not available. Way later they nerfed monk ac and block. We need to somehow unerf it.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:51 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well you lived so I have to agree, that it is better. I think it has to do with the old classic monk AC calculation and this being the titanium edition.

I tried to look on the old boards for the post I made about it. Had some quotes from Abashi but the boards are not available. Way later they nerfed monk ac and block. We need to somehow unerf it.
We checked through the code, block and AC calculations are done equally for all classes. So, there is nothing to un-nerf. IE 900 ac on a warrior is the same as 900ac on a cleric or (holy crap tank) 900ac wizard.

The defensive skills not firing correctly has me puzzled. Rogean has more experience poking around, but the seem to fire for other classes, just not monk.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We checked through the code, block and AC calculations are done equally for all classes. So, there is nothing to un-nerf. IE 900 ac on a warrior is the same as 900ac on a cleric or (holy crap tank) 900ac wizard.

The defensive skills not firing correctly has me puzzled. Rogean has more experience poking around, but the seem to fire for other classes, just not monk.
This is not how it should be. Wizards and monks have completely different AC soft caps than warriors or clerics.

There are separate soft caps for plate, chain, leather and cloth and hence AC should only be calculated the same until a soft cap is hit, then it starts changing drastically. 900AC for example is way beyond all soft caps in classic.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a 50 ogre warrior, in "normal" gear vs a 37 zol gets taken to ~35-40% life. That same warrior gets owned by a BTG.

Before the change, that 50 warrior would be dead and the zol would be at roughly ~50% life.
Depends what the level 37 zol is (is that a named?), but that seems a bit harsh. Hopefully this new change is accomodating but doesn't break any rules. If anything, getting owned at 50 by a level 37 sounds like that would break some rules...

I played earlier and noticed the change, but my druid was still getting pounded plenty hard by a yellow con mob even though he's geared up in patchwork leather (which is pretty good for his level).
Old 11-23-2009, 06:17 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is not how it should be. Wizards and monks have completely different AC soft caps than warriors or clerics.

There are separate soft caps for plate, chain, leather and cloth and hence AC should only be calculated the same until a soft cap is hit, then it starts changing drastically. 900AC for example is way beyond all soft caps in classic.
Programming different mitigation schemes based on type of armor being worn is extremely difficult. Especially since the chain and cloth armor wearers tend to not have very much parse data from days old.

Maybe if the wizards and mages would tank more, and get us a ton of parses, a better job could be done.

Silly mages...

Sometimes programming to be exactly like live is easy to say, but not always easy to do.

Haynar
Old 11-23-2009, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The change I made was fairly drastic and I have some tweak room still. I'm still looking for my old parses, I'd found conclusive information on hit rates way back when but I can't find them now. I'm betting they are on my old PC Cowboy2, but omg the noises it makes.
Gl on finding them and thanks for all the work you're doing. A change to melee will help to bring some people back who left because of it.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:27 PM
Sarnak

for my 11 ranger dodge is working, but Im not sure how often it's actually supposed to happen. I can solo much better now at 11 with Med and Melee working much better. I appreciate the hard work!
Old 11-23-2009, 06:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Depends what the level 37 zol is (is that a named?), but that seems a bit harsh. Hopefully this new change is accomodating but doesn't break any rules. If anything, getting owned at 50 by a level 37 sounds like that would break some rules...

I played earlier and noticed the change, but my druid was still getting pounded plenty hard by a yellow con mob even though he's geared up in patchwork leather (which is pretty good for his level).

-zol is not named.
-There are no rules to break.
-Reading comprehension: before patch warrior dead - zol 50%, after patch zol dead - warrior 40%
-Your druid should be getting pounded like a telephone pole at a New Deal work program to a yellow especially in PW. Edit: Unless you are like lvl 2 in which case you shouldn't be posting about it anyways it isn't relevant.
Last edited by messiah_b; 11-23-2009 at 06:32 PM..
Closed Thread