Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

DDoSes are done by a bajillion zombie computers, infected with malware. There's no way to tell who's controlling them. You can even rent a DDoS for fairly cheap.

So you can cut it out with the federal prosecution crap, 'cause the feds don't tackle impossible cases unless a white woman got raped or something.

What we need, at least for a couple months, is a hosting provider with some kind of ddos protection, proxy-based would be ideal. The standalone packages for proxy-ddos run around $399/mo so that's not really viable, we'd need to find a hosting provider that includes it in their plan.

Or we can just find another host and roll the dice that whoever did it is now bored. But safe to assume it's gonna keep happening until we make ourselves immune to it...I wouldn't put much faith in the goodwill of lamers.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Fire Giant

a bajillion zombie computers?

that sounds like a lot of computers, that sounds pretty expensive. How do they have the moneyz to do something so dastardly?
Old 11-22-2009, 12:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a bajillion zombie computers?

that sounds like a lot of computers, that sounds pretty expensive. How do they have the moneyz to do something so dastardly?
by spammin son, ao-hax0rizing gibsons evolved to a new level
Old 11-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

Dude, Crash, do a Burnout.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:28 PM
Orc

I kicked 20 bucks when I saw they got attacked. These guys/gals do this project without pay and somebody has to do the work to clean this crap up.

I'm happy to keep dropping in donations here and there to keep things going. This is the most fun I've had on an MMO since...well, since EQ.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:47 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

damm those virgin nerds... what to do on my EQ sunday now!

Please tell me I'm not the only one drowning in the irony of this statement [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And don't worry, the tools who did this will move on to their next server soon enough, whine bitch and moan till they ragequit, then start the process all over again. This type of drama has happened on nearly every classic server I've played on. I really don't think more expensive security is required.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:49 PM
Aviak

Regardless, we all need to recognize the incredible work put into this and ensure they don't run out of funds. As we speak I'm donating a few more dollars to the cause.
Closed Thread