Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 10-15-2015, 08:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will any proof be provided with your bump? Many contributors have cast repeated doubt on your claim in this thread, which is likely why no action has been taken.
only thing you know about pvp is pulling out an ot hammer, move along

anyone that played during classic or kunark era can verify SoL

Most used spell by wizards
Old 10-15-2015, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

Perhaps your negative demeanor and real life attacks are leading to this issue being ignored.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

As a non-raiding wizard on SZ I PvPed almost exclusively with shock of lightning all the way into Luclin. Knowing how to step through the pushback was a learned skill that some people never figured out. Additionally, you would circle around your target between casts to make sure you pushed them from weird angles. It was almost never resisted until well into Luclin.

Chaotic feedback was also NEVER resisted. I rolled with a chanter on SZ for years that never unmemmed chaotic feedback.

I have no dog in this fight because I'm not on red, but shock of lightning and chaotic feedback are definitely not working as intended if the current descriptions are accurate.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 10-15-2015, 06:51 PM
Banned

Yes what was their magic resist
Old 10-15-2015, 08:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a non-raiding wizard on SZ I PvPed almost exclusively with shock of lightning all the way into Luclin. Knowing how to step through the pushback was a learned skill that some people never figured out. Additionally, you would circle around your target between casts to make sure you pushed them from weird angles. It was almost never resisted until well into Luclin.

Chaotic feedback was also NEVER resisted. I rolled with a chanter on SZ for years that never unmemmed chaotic feedback.

I have no dog in this fight because I'm not on red, but shock of lightning and chaotic feedback are definitely not working as intended if the current descriptions are accurate.
i think a better phrase would be that they are not working like they were in classic. who knows how it was intended to be in classic. pvp was always broken and unbalanced.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes what was their magic resist
120-160 on average on tallon and sullen zek at any high end pvp

max if bard involved

I remember only using SOL to kill crappy casters that would try to chain gate over and over. regardless of their MR.

It was never something that needed to be proven, because it was that way throughout all of classic and kunark, and well into velius. After that I dont know. Didnt play eq live any further. Might have become resistible when resist cap was pushed above 255.

It's hard to believe more people dont remember this spell.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:14 PM
Banned

At about 130 cold you never saw an ice comet even scratch the paint. People here got 155 MR ubless debuffed or naked. Cleric nukes that knocked back didn't have the -10mr and are documented to be absolutely worthless at people in this MR range. I used this spell all the time up to about lvl 52 until channeling basically made it worthless. There just wasn't anything in particular I could even guess would have an impact here unless a smaller range of damage (between 0 and max of spell) some how gave it less of a chance to resist.

Once upon a time in my bug posting days I showed a screen shot of someone getting killed by a scoriae damage partial that shouldn't be possible. I dug and dug and dug and found the RZer slain in the picture (I'm a sick man). He actually remembered the encounter and said he was low HP from fighting someone else with an enchanter pal and they runed up and ran for Kael when he was killed. The stuff we presented to Haynar is accurate and he did a fine job making this PvP code feel very classic (Bane still lands easily on 130 poison which is bad but Meh), whether things are WoW era "fair" or "gear levels are higher" should be irrelevant.

If this spell is getting easily resisted at 90-100 MR.. sure make a change but at 150 and higher you just can't justify it.

What really bites me in the ass regarding your guys' posts is saying you used it all the time on lvl 60 targets. That would have been foolish because at this point people rather easily channeled through this and spells like remedy, chloroblast, deflux, (now) ice spear were common place and would only allow for a single shock to land before they complete. There is just no f'ing way you had success killing people chaining something like lure->shock against any kind of healer (which I presume is the intent of this). They'd channel and top off.. period.

I really have no vested interest in anything less than a perfectly classic server so consider my rebuttal to the memory of this being some ultra reliably kill tool at lvl 60. Do none of you remember high channeling skill making this spell worthless? Or are you going from pre lvl 50 memory? I agree that then shock was extremely useful and no one was running around with tranix crowns, plat resist rings or underfoot robes on basically any damn server damn server pre lvl 50.

If you want my take on things go ahead and add item loot. It makes ganking people engaged on raid targets (the people I'd supposedly try to protect by "trolling bugs") an extremely viable and profitable tactic esp in situations like when we rezzed up after that botched Klabdicar. We had people ganked for Lodi shields because tip offs were given from inside the raid and profits split between the spy and the ganker

Adding item loot makes people usually bag their resist gear if they aren't a very strong pvper...and shock will land... and resist levels will match what you remember (aka off setting robe of azure sky, riles etc).
Last edited by Nirgon; 10-16-2015 at 12:21 PM..
Old 10-16-2015, 12:17 PM
Banned

ya considering "in era" on live the timeline moved a lot faster and people were much less geared, i doubt anyone was rolling in
Quote:
120-160 on average on tallon and sullen zek at any high end pvp
chances are people were peaking at 100 with GMR and he was also attacking level 5's with his level 50 wizard considering it was SZ, so level gap would contribute to it being more successful

clearly pgerman has a little bit of bias since he mains a wizard on this server, and I think hes recalling anecdotal evidence from other emulators rather than providing some actual proof with MR, character levels, etc as proof. Nothing wrong with anecdotal evidence, but when you say something like "120-160 mr during era" i mean... come on dude...
Last edited by Rejji; 10-16-2015 at 12:20 PM..
Old 10-16-2015, 06:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What really bites me in the ass regarding your guys' posts is saying you used it all the time on lvl 60 targets. That would have been foolish because at this point people rather easily channeled through this and spells like remedy, chloroblast, deflux, (now) ice spear were common place and would only allow for a single shock to land before they complete. There is just no f'ing way you had success killing people chaining something like lure->shock against any kind of healer (which I presume is the intent of this). They'd channel and top off.. period.

Alot of random assumptions here. Let me just set you straight, and learn you how to pvp.

Yes it was used all the time, if you attacked people with multiple toons one guy would be intrupting gates with SoL, the other would be DPS. If you were solo, quite often on live people wouldnt heal until they were already too low, and SoL could easily interrupt a couple heals . They would get nervous run for the zone line and you finish them.
Often used it to intrupt people trying to evac, long casts they would rarely channel.

People didnt have unlimited sow potions like on this server ether. So running for the zone line was not always the first thought, usually gate was.

Lets tone down the "i know everything about pvp". When clearly you ether didnt participate in it often. Or you smurfed it hard like on this server and never really encountered much non zerg pvp. Thus never learning much about it.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejji [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ya considering "in era" on live the timeline moved a lot faster and people were much less geared, i doubt anyone was rolling in

chances are people were peaking at 100 with GMR and he was also attacking level 5's with his level 50 wizard considering it was SZ, so level gap would contribute to it being more successful

clearly pgerman has a little bit of bias since he mains a wizard on this server, and I think hes recalling anecdotal evidence from other emulators rather than providing some actual proof with MR, character levels, etc as proof. Nothing wrong with anecdotal evidence, but when you say something like "120-160 mr during era" i mean... come on dude...
The personal hate for me, gotta love it.

But ether way. I played on tallon zek *8 level range* and sullen zek. Most of my time as a wizard was done on tallon zek with only an 8 level range.

Any pvp'er on the server ran with over 100 MR unbuffed, and easily up to 160 buffed, and more with bards. No one gave a crap about fire or cold resist for awhile. Because partial damage was so common.
I feel sorry for you if you ran around with less than 100 MR even back then.

12 year old barcode probably killed you back then too

About bias> yea I play a wizard here on red99 Obviously.
The only viable interrupt spell that wizards had on live would be important to me.