Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should Casters have to Med with Spell book ???
Yes... Melee have it rough... 12 42.86%
No... I am against looking at my book. 6 21.43%
Indifferent don't care. 3 10.71%
I play blue 99 7 25.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Also, more on the original topic, I hope they find a way in the future "seasons" of Discord (provided we even make it to the first) to prop up melee characters. I posted some of my thoughts in other threads. Basically give monks increased damage on par with live damage tables, warriors very high innate resistances/increased HP and make see invs not see a rogue in stealth + increased backstab damage. Also give all classes a 30 second cast recall to bind point ability and remove bind affinity, and add soul binders to cities.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:53 PM
Banned

aka balance things

agreed

relevant quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[*]Rogean: Lord Vyemm's attack speed, mindmg, maxdmg set to verified values. accuracy slightly decreased. HP lowered, but still remains higher than classic for balance reasons.
edit
Quote:
kergan:

+ increased backstab damage.
didnt see that part, voted no
Last edited by Rejji; 10-15-2015 at 04:03 PM..
Old 10-15-2015, 04:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
make see invs not see a rogue in stealth + increased backstab damage.
As long as they give druids faerie fire and humans perception racial.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, more on the original topic, I hope they find a way in the future "seasons" of Discord (provided we even make it to the first) to prop up melee characters. I posted some of my thoughts in other threads. Basically give monks increased damage on par with live damage tables, warriors very high innate resistances/increased HP and make see invs not see a rogue in stealth + increased backstab damage. Also give all classes a 30 second cast recall to bind point ability and remove bind affinity, and add soul binders to cities.
Vote no...keep your overpowered melees on r99. Leave discord melee for the true neckbeards.

Buy if you want classic...didn't spells hit players for full *way back* or was that just rumour?
Old 10-15-2015, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

None of the changes I suggested would lead to a melee winning the server. And neckbeards won't be playing them either, if anything it'll be the casual players who don't care if they don't make it past level 5 (which they wont).
Old 10-15-2015, 09:22 PM
Kobold

Why the hell would they buff melee to be relevant? It's practically impossible to do so for classic.

Pally/sk are the only decent choices for melee in the era (maybe rangers with ykeskas), but they just don't have the weps to support their meh spells. Even in classic era melee were only decent in dungeons or tight areas.

They won't have the weapons of classic era, the minimal resists, or the favorable fighting areas. There's no way you could buff them enough without God-mode-ing them.

It's the era of casters, just like every other MMO ever before itemization (i.e. 1-3 expacs) catches up and pushes melee to the top.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:59 PM
Banned

in classic anything that isnt dru/wiz is garbo
Closed Thread