Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should Casters have to Med with Spell book ???
Yes... Melee have it rough... 12 42.86%
No... I am against looking at my book. 6 21.43%
Indifferent don't care. 3 10.71%
I play blue 99 7 25.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 02:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember playing a barbarian and having to essentially memorize the keystrokes to get through the last stretch of the tunnel into blackburrow since it was complete darkness. Goog times.
I remember when I made my first human. Logged in, couldn't see anything, logged out. Never went back.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

My very first EQ character was a human warrior, back in the early beta before Freeport was even in game. I remember having to actually use the in game paths in the zones so I wouldn't get lost at night...that's immersion right there.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
God that first greater light stone on every toon was so good. I also remember pulling light sources in pvp to avoid detection.
I still watch for possible light sources as a sign of someone is invisible...even with see invis on...habits. Or coming along blind corners.

First took was a wood wood ranger...scrambling to find the elusive 'orc hill' and later playing a human only to realize how much better the elf eyes were. Final took in true classic was DE purely because cranking up my brightness and moving close to the screen didn't work all that well.

Good old days...when no one knew how to spawn AC, so our guild just killed everything and crossed fingers.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:24 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by visage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I for one think the Discord server should be tuned to have casters med with spellbooks. Melee have a extreme disadvantage IMO. It would be nice if we could implement this classic feature to level the curb of this game to a classic approach...
im not a dev or a nilbog, but im pretty sure the titanium client is the only thing preventing this. and if it was possible it would absolutely be implemented on the discord server, as well as the P99 Blue and Red servers. nilbog would love to force books into the faces of casters [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 10-15-2015, 03:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im not a dev or a nilbog, but im pretty sure the titanium client is the only thing preventing this. and if it was possible it would absolutely be implemented on the discord server, as well as the P99 Blue and Red servers. nilbog would love to force books into the faces of casters [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't books in front of caster faces go away with Velious?
Old 10-15-2015, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't books in front of caster faces go away with Velious?
Post Luclin:

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020319.html

Spell casters no longer need to see their spell book when meditating. Once a character has the meditation skill, it will function when the character is sitting down.

Luclin release date: December 4, 2001
Old 10-15-2015, 03:40 PM
Kobold

Ok nice find, but with the Velious UI didnt that mean the spellbook just had to be open for casters to meditate, you could still see around it (the UI itself was transparent as well).

In contrast to the classic UI where you could see nothing.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:42 PM
Kobold

Reading those patch notes made me nostalgic for Luclin =(
Old 10-15-2015, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, aside from anything Vex Thal related (makes camping pained soul look like a walk in the park) I enjoyed Luclin quite a bit, especially Ssra Temple.

As for the ability to move the window thats a great question - I believe the Velious UI was the first one to allow customization so it is entirely possible you are correct and you could drag the window or even make it smaller.

Unfortunately any ability to do something like that is gone with Titanium. A required sacrifice for a stable client to be shared among the emu community I'm afraid. No more human vision, character doll preview and blind medding among other things!
Old 10-15-2015, 03:50 PM
Banned

it's also almost 2016 and that window would be atrocious on our technology and monitor sizes, and I can only think of about 3 masochist that would actually want to play on such an early caveman ui

also yes i wish there was a p99 quality emu that planned to go higher than velious like luclin and pop because I never played those
Closed Thread