Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 01:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TD wizard talking trash? Yikes.
hes a td wizard anon reroll aka hateraid/haterslay baddie
Old 10-15-2015, 01:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ya i gotta be honest this is one of the first times i've ever seen a thread complaining that druids are bad at PVP
No one is complaining that druids are bad at PvP.

I care about the mechanics being the same as classic, and that means spell resists are way off.

Honestly if partials were working they way they should some one with decent FR resist would probably do better than they do now. Random full damage wildfires, or icy spears etc should never happen - but they also shouldn't resist. Also Mage nukes function the same as druid nukes and are entirely useless right now.

Damage was much more predictable when it came to partials and resists on live. Damage spells only resisted a very small percentage of the time, but on high resist targets and non lure spells would sometimes hit for negligible damage amounts. Right now on p99 we have a situation where you can resist 90% of casts and then get hit randomly at 180FR for a full damage Wildfire.

Breath of Ro does not overwrite anything. Its just a bug that shows on your spell bar and your stat list in inventory, if you zone with breath on you it will fix itself. In fact Breath of Ro doesn't currently land if some one has Glades, another bug.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:03 PM
Banned

think its one of the other debuffs that cause the overwrite, but yes the buff stacking/rearranging thing has been an annoyance since kunark and isn't being looked at...
Old 10-15-2015, 02:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejji [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
think its one of the other debuffs that cause the overwrite, but yes the buff stacking/rearranging thing has been an annoyance since kunark and isn't being looked at...
Breath isn't actually overwriting, its just displaying incorrectly.

If you have Circle of Winter in 6th slot, an open 1st slot, and 100FR. Breath of Ro will land and 'overwrite' Circle in 6th slot. Your FR will read as 100-40-35=25.

If you dispel your empty first slot, it will dispel Breath of Ro but will show your 6th slot as empty, your FR will read 100-35=65.

However, this is just how it displays. You mechanically will have 100-40=60FR when breath lands, and when you dispel it you will be back at 100. You can see this if you zone with Breath on you, you never actually lose Circles.

If you have glades Breath of Ro will not take hold on you.

I THINK occ works differently and is actually overwriting circles but I am not sure.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:17 PM
Banned

often i get hit with breath slot 1/2/3 which are open and try to dispell and nothing happens, second dispell nothing happens but I lose one of my beneficial and the debuff is actually buried, so I just leave because I know its a faulty display and i'm not going to eat my own buffs and pumice charges trying and take the full duration of damage plus nukes

so, I think your well researched description is not 100% the case
Old 10-15-2015, 02:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejji [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
often i get hit with breath slot 1/2/3 which are open and try to dispell and nothing happens, second dispell nothing happens but I lose one of my beneficial and the debuff is actually buried, so I just leave because I know its a faulty display and i'm not going to eat my own buffs and pumice charges trying and take the full duration of damage plus nukes

so, I think your well researched description is not 100% the case
Yea fair enough, lot of weird shit happens with debuffs and dispells. Wouldn't be surprised if there were several other factors.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:06 PM
Banned

buff stacking has been ultra fucked since velious came out
Old 10-15-2015, 04:13 PM
Banned

I have around 170FR on my monk unbuffed and get nuked for full dmg from druids all the time.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genedin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have around 170FR on my monk unbuffed and get nuked for full dmg from druids all the time.
Right and that shouldn't happen, unless you are sundered (bringing you down to 130FR) and even then you should still mostly partial (although high partials at that range). You probably don't notice how often you full resist as well, which also shouldn't happen.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

I have like 130 fr on rag and I resist wildfires fully 90% of the time so u are full of shit