Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2019, 01:54 PM
Large Bat

I will play them seperately of course. :-) They will both be on the same account, no worries. I just couldnt decide between these two classes.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will play them seperately of course. :-) They will both be on the same account, no worries. I just couldnt decide between these two classes.
Good man. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] One tip: my friends on Red always made characters on separate accounts in order to freeze rez timers. It also allows you to have a friend (a whole other player) log in your cleric to rez or buff your SK. If there will ever be another player you trust that much, think about it.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

On a Dark Elf Cleric I will pretty well always add 25 to Wisdom (giving 118) and 5 to Strength (for 70). While it's desirable to wear good armor on a Cleric, such armor is quite rare in the original game prior to the planes and at any rate the Cleric can save weight by wearing Druid/Shaman-type armor and making more liberal use of the invulnerability spells when attacked. The sooner you can cap Wisdom, the sooner you can start gearing for things like resists. Also with original-era itemization strength is raised more easily than Wisdom. You can get 5 WIS in the waist slot (reed belt) or 15 STR (thick banded belt). You can trade 5 WIS in a wrist (runed mithril bracer, etc) for 10 STR (hero bracers). You'll want the extra WIS when you need to wear resist gear or such things.

Unlike a Cleric, a Shadow Knight has to wear decent armor in order to do its job effectively. Dark Elves can (and should) wear "small" armor when available to save some weight. Even then I loathe having less than about 90 Strength on a plate tank who can wear small-size armor, or less than 100 on one who has to wear Medium. On a Dark Elf Shadow Knight I normally go 20 to Strength (for 90) and have never had cause to regret doing so. It's possible to play the game successfully as a plate tank with 75 or 80 starting Strength but that's not my idea of fun. Even 90 carry limit gets used up quickly when your armor takes up most of it to begin with. Having 80 or 85 Stamina as a Dark Elf still doesn't come close to that of an Ogre or Troll, and having to constantly fuss with the carry limit seems a poor trade to me....but some folks have more patience than I have for that sort of nuisance.

Don't play the characters together if you want to be here for any length of time.

Danth
Old 10-07-2019, 02:04 PM
Large Bat

thanks, will definitely think about it.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:07 PM
Large Bat

Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will run a DE SK and DE Cleric on green as well. I am not sure, wether +10 STR on the SK are enough, due to OPs mentioned factors. 70 STA is pretty low, unfortunately. Do you guys think, that 15 STR and 5 STA is a bad choice for a DE SK?
My vote is +25 into STR, +5 STAM
Old 10-07-2019, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddraven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only some exceptions are granted for 2 people in same house, like husband and wife.
Or two dudes boning each other. They would get an IP exemption as well. When you petition you have to put "Two Dudes Boning Each Other" in the subject for quicker approval. Worked for me! I explained in my petition Brad doesn't usually stay the night, but we like some hot Druid-on-Ranger action afterwards, and the admins were totally cool with that.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:43 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or two dudes boning each other. They would get an IP exemption as well. When you petition you have to put "Two Dudes Boning Each Other" in the subject for quicker approval. Worked for me! I explained in my petition Brad doesn't usually stay the night, but we like some hot Druid-on-Ranger action afterwards, and the admins were totally cool with that.
Tell Brad I said hi.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Plate is heavy......(coverup)
Last edited by Deathrydar; 10-07-2019 at 03:10 PM..
Old 10-07-2019, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

It doesn't matter. Min max would go stamina anyways. Normal smart person would go wisdom maximum.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-07-2019, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddraven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My vote is +25 into STR, +5 STAM
You won't do this on a Shadow Knight because the SK can only allocate 20 points at creation, not 30. I assume that suggestion was geared for the SK, anyway. It'd be unusual on a Cleric.

Danth
Closed Thread