Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 02-18-2014, 09:28 PM
Developer

Malo/Malosina lines would make bobbing corpse drop. Not dmf tho. Died a few times in crystal caverns falling to my death as an sk, due that issue.

Haynar
Old 02-19-2014, 12:54 AM
Banned

Default just a quick glance at a google search

http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/hom...c.php?p=771634

-this just some necromancer ranting about buff slots and the game 2004

Quote:
Buff Slots Debuff Slots
These need to be split up. A characters buff bar should be for his buffs, I see no reason to mix these together. It's an old outdated system and I think it needs a revision. Furthermore, the game runs into problems like DMF being overwritten by Malo, which is nonsense.
https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/i...p-buffs.97192/

-a few interesting comments in here, again 2004

Quote:
I agree this needs to be looked at and fixed. Bad enough malos/mala line overwriting bobbing corpse. OMG :smileysad:
Quote:
malos/mala line overwriting bobbing corpse Ya lol fix that also.
Quote:
Malos/Mala also overwrite pretty much every combination resist buff, like Protection of Seasons and the wizard self buff Elemental Shield line. It's not just an anti-SK world ;p
Quote:
Shouldn't be such a big deal after melee range changes since you can hit people from any height heh sucked though when fighting a levi'd shaman one on one and not being able to levi yourself due to malos.
Quote:
Forwarded this thread to special board, with more discussion about stacking of spells in pvp in general. Malo/mala overwriting dmf, bobbing corpse, seasons, hand of ro overwriting cloak of luclin, speed of vallon, etc
Last edited by Mac Dretti; 02-19-2014 at 12:57 AM..
Old 02-19-2014, 12:57 AM
Banned

Gotta be real careful with post Luclin shit and then all over again with post PoP with the spell system revamps. All kinds of things got messed up both times.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gotta be real careful with post Luclin shit and then all over again with post PoP with the spell system revamps. All kinds of things got messed up both times.
ya i figure there might have been a resist/pvp patch around that time
Old 02-19-2014, 01:05 AM
Banned

Elemental armor/shield I'm pretty sure it'd take off me @ least.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:17 PM
Banned

Some research from Ele (http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=10) in the general bug thread about invulnerable spells and DB stacking issues which aids this discussion of stacking and buff slot #'s:

A few threads from 2002 and 2003 detailing stacking issues with detrimental spells and beneficial spells (Spirit of the Wood).

http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5841

Quote:
Quote:
The list of spells I linked to are spells that have stacking issues with DB. It doesnt directly say if DB will overwrite - or if the other spell will present DB from landing. Thats up to the reader to decide.

Generally though - a larger positive effect will overwrite a small positive effect (of the exact same type in the same slot). Example - Symbol of Marzin will overwrite Symbol of Naltron - because they have HP in the same slot and Marzin is larger.

Further, a negetive effect will overwrite a positive effect (again, of the exact same type in the same slot) - which is why

Overfiends Fury
1: Lure(6)
2: Decrease Attack Speed by 5%
3: Decrease HP when cast by 100
4: Decrease Hitpoints by 20 per tick

will block

Divine Barrier
1: Invunerability
2: Increase Damage Shield by 25 (L29) to 36 (L50)
4: Increase Hitpoints by 30 (L29) to 51 (L50) per tick

They both have the effect "Increase/Decrease Hitpoints by xxx per tick" in slot 4

Is there a way to query the spell data for same buff slot #'s and beneficial/detrimental?

Last edited by Mac Dretti; 02-19-2014 at 03:35 PM..
Old 02-19-2014, 03:38 PM
Banned

I'm trying to see the conflicts of Malo and Resist fire and they don't share the same buff slot, it's just a matter of one being a greater +/- to the other.

Malo slot 5: Decrease fire resist by 45
Resist fire slot 1: Increase fire resist by 40

I'm also trying to see the conflict with bobbing corpse/Malo and they don't have the same poison buff slot, again it's just a matter of one having a greater +/- to the other

Malo slot 4: Decrease poison resist by 45
Bobbing Corpse slot 7: Increase poison resist by 40
Old 02-19-2014, 05:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Malo/Malosina lines would make bobbing corpse drop. Not dmf tho. Died a few times in crystal caverns falling to my death as an sk, due that issue.

Haynar
wow, that's going to suck