Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 01-09-2014, 03:33 AM
Planar Protector

Default DoT spell reduction in pvp

The other thread seems to have been a casualty of the board reset. If everyone can repost their findings. I believe we had determined that DoT spells should not be impacted by the snare/fear reduction in pvp, and still debating further reduction.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostbitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe we had determined that DoT spells should not be impacted by the snare/fear reduction in pvp
Well that's fortunate then, since they aren't and never have been on this server.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:03 AM
Planar Protector

We're stuck on this:

Blart's Shaman PvP guide says DoTs weren't nerfed in pvp while this old Druid's Grove post says they were.

Considering that Necro's Lich line was always doing 66% of the damage it was supposed to because the server code considered it a pvp spell, it's likely that DoTs were in fact nerfed during PvP. Then again a lot of people remember Splurt killing people outright if not dispelled.

It doesn't really matter, so many people have potions and clickies, you could make DoTs do 300% of their damage and they'll still suck in PvP.
Last edited by Potus; 01-10-2014 at 01:06 AM..
Old 01-10-2014, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We're stuck on this:

Blart's Shaman PvP guide says DoTs weren't nerfed in pvp while this old Druid's Grove post says they were.

Considering that Necro's Lich line was always doing 66% of the damage it was supposed to because the server code considered it a pvp spell, it's likely that DoTs were in fact nerfed during PvP. Then again a lot of people remember Splurt killing people outright if not dispelled.

It doesn't really matter, so many people have potions and clickies, you could make DoTs do 300% of their damage and they'll still suck in PvP.
Pretty much. Gotta play em like ghetto wiz in mass PvP with a ton of survival.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That would just make bracer of the hidden/disease cloud and using newbie buffs on people before dots very prevalent.

I'll go with a 51 DE wizard with just arch shielding up should die or come within literally inches from a winged death. If you got 20% hp after it here... its not classic.

Splurt should def kill yo ass in the same situation.

Blart knew his mechanics and I'd take that guide as gospel. Fun fact: he was a very nasty feral druid in classic WoW.

PS: Love this RZ guide from the way back.
Last edited by Nirgon; 01-10-2014 at 11:57 AM..
Old 01-10-2014, 01:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll go with a 51 DE wizard with just arch shielding up should die or come within literally inches from a winged death. If you got 20% hp after it here... its not classic.
A 51 DE wizard having 75 stamina and no additional hp from items with only arch shielding up would have 770 + 150 = 920 hp.

WD does 730 dmg in pvp on this server because p99 is using some anomalous spell data (1100 dmg over 10 ticks). Instead it should be 1287 dmg over 9 ticks (as shown in a velious-era spdat), which'd be ~854 dmg in pvp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Splurt should def kill yo ass in the same situation.
Splurt does 987 dmg in pvp on this server, which would kill the aforementioned wizard.

I'd say that's case closed on this non-mystery, but there'll probably be some idiot in here asking for "evidence" because they're too feckless to log in and confirm it themselves.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:10 PM
Banned

I've definitely heard it both ways, even during live.

But I reckons Technique here has sold me.

Winged death just barely killing someone from full hp with shielding sounds correct at 854 cutting into 920. WD was some powerful shit.

Thumbs up for you sir.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technique [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A 51 DE wizard having 75 stamina and no additional hp from items with only arch shielding up would have 770 + 150 = 920 hp.

WD does 730 dmg in pvp on this server because p99 is using some anomalous spell data (1100 dmg over 10 ticks). Instead it should be 1287 dmg over 9 ticks (as shown in a velious-era spdat), which'd be ~854 dmg in pvp.

Splurt does 987 dmg in pvp on this server, which would kill the aforementioned wizard.

I'd say that's case closed on this non-mystery, but there'll probably be some idiot in here asking for "evidence" because they're too feckless to log in and confirm it themselves.
Whoa whoa whoa are the DoT damages off on this server, too?

Jeeze, that needs bug reported way more than PvP DoT dmg.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Whoa whoa whoa are the DoT damages off on this server, too?
No, Winged Death is the only case that I know of.

Supposedly this server uses a Kunark beta spdat, at least in part, as reference. I don't have access to a Kunark live spdat, but some archived sites suggest it was 1287 over 9 ticks pre-Velious.
Quote:
Winged Death
Upgraded DoT spells. Approx 1280 damage in 9 ticks.
http://wayback.archive.org/web/20000...lls/druid.html
Old 01-10-2014, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

Splurt is supposed to do 1600 damage over 16 ticks.

1056 pvp damage would kill a level ~50ish caster.