Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2023, 09:58 PM
Kobold

Default What motivates VQ, Riot, Gravity, and GOML?

Having done a little bit raiding in semi-casual raiding guilds, I'm curious what motivates people in the Hardcore raiding guilds? Raiding, from my experience, is the most boring, aggravating, part of classic EQ, especially here on P99. What drives people to spend days sitting in 1 spot to wait for something to spawn, at a slim chance of enough guildies showing up in time to kill it and having enough DKP to outbid everyone else in your guild. I enjoy my sleep too much to spend 24hrs awake trying to get some rare mob to spawn. Why do they find this fun? I would rather roll a new naked toon and level up again than spend a significant amount of time trying to do this. Also, all of the cheating and exploiting of certain parts of the game suggest that the hardcore raiding guilds actually don't want fair competition. Why then do they say that they do? I'm very confused by the people that play in those guilds.