Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 10:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no ywngwie malmsteen?
The ORIGINAL guitar masturbator.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:50 PM
Kobold

Alan Holdsworth for Three Sheets to the Wind (US studio version)
Adrian Belew for The Listening Wind by Talking Heads and Discipline by King Crimson
Steve Howe of Yes
Joe Pass
John Fahey for When the Springtime Comes Again from best of album
Jeff Beck

Some guitarists only hit once in a lifetime, but that's all they need to do. Others are great most of their lives. The ones I mentioned for specific songs are still great guitarists, I just think they shone a little brighter in those instances.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The ORIGINAL guitar masturbator.
It's called guitarbage. The sad part is that after Malmstein showed up, about 20 other people showed up and did it better, and still no one remembers their names.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:14 PM
Kobold

^^^^^
must be a dragonforce fan or just another person who hates malmsteens massive ego.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:14 AM
Kobold

John Frusciante
Jimmy Page
Jimmy Hendrix
Old 02-19-2011, 06:20 AM
Banned

Mine would have to be Marty Friedman. Very underated guitar player. Tornado of souls solo is sooo beautiful. Reminds me of a living Randy Rhoads in a certain way.

Malmstein is ok very talented in shredding , but everything sounds similar. He reminds me of Zakk Wyld. Very skillful can play anything , but can't write solos worth shit. I like my guitar players not only to play well , but to write good shit as well. Listen to Joe Satriani song Rubina < beautiful song>
Or liquid tensions "Osmosis" talent comes in all genres with guitar. Marty Friedman plays multiple genres
Old 02-19-2011, 06:48 AM
Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDkwar_S95g

Hands down the best guitarist, the way he throws this down-tempo rhythm into the drumming is head slamming awesome.

The guitarists mentioned above are good I guess, but more from a "let's clap for them because they're technical" sort of way and to me I find that boring because it's flat... besides

Riffs > Solos
Old 02-19-2011, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacab "The REAL truth" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDkwar_S95g

Hands down the best guitarist, the way he throws this down-tempo rhythm into the drumming is head slamming awesome.

The guitarists mentioned above are good I guess, but more from a "let's clap for them because they're technical" sort of way and to me I find that boring because it's flat... besides

Riffs > Solos
You obviously have no idea who Django Reinhardt, Andres Segovia, or Larry LaLonde are. Your opinions mean about dirt right now.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You obviously have no idea who Django Reinhardt, Andres Segovia, or Larry LaLonde are. Your opinions mean about dirt right now.
The REAL truth is,

They just aren't heavy enough for my sensibilities , are they talented technically? Yes. Can they ozone your brain from rhythm? Probably not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOcUbaAH0bY

Can induce chemical reactions in your brain if you bump the bass high enough
Old 02-19-2011, 09:15 PM
Kobold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UNMg...eature=related
Closed Thread