Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 10:57 AM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda
Exclamation Important information about quests on p99

*EDIT* This has started cropping up a lot lately. figured i'd bump it to help you. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Lately i've noticed a few trends. so here are a couple of notes about quests since this comes up quite a bit:

**READ the quest text.
The NPC/quest giver/item recipient is the one who decides what s/he will or won't accept. Not allakhazams. So don't petition and tell me "But Zam says....."

EXAMPLES:
*Zam claims that Genni in Sol Ro WILL take 55 plat - she doesn't ask for plat. She asks for 550 gold.

*Hasten Bootstrutter wants 3250 gold, the ring and the rapier...zam says he'll take 325 plat. this is not true.

Don't hand an NPC the wrong item (plat instead of gold) and then expect it to be reimbursed. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

**PAY ATTENTION to which NPC you are handing your items to. Of special note is Dugroz and Dugroz'z pet. If they are standing close together then pay attention to which npc has the flashing name above their head before you click give! This is a common problem. MAKE SURE TO CHECK WHICH NAME IS FLASHING!!!!!!!

**Please don't petition in game for a guide to tell you how to do a quest :| Talk to the NPC! they are the one who gives the quest!

**If you have a question about whether or not an item or quest mob is in game yet then your best bet is to post on the forums or check with others who might be doing the quest and see what you can come up with. if you feel something is bugged then report it under the bug forums!! Search for an existing thread first and if there isn't one...make one! if there is - add your 2 cents and bump it!

**If you gave the NPC the right items and did not get an item back then please be sure to post in the petitions/exploits forum assuming the items you lost are of consequence and not easy to re-obtain. It takes a while to get items reimbursed so if it is faster to re-camp the item, take the time and do it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] If you petition in game for this kinda thing you are going to be told to post in the petitions forum so cut out the middle man.

**If you find a bugged quest then please report it on the bug forums. Don't petition in game "just to let us know"!

Thanks!!
Last edited by Amelinda; 07-13-2011 at 03:14 PM..
Old 06-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelinda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So while Alla claims that Genni in Sol Ro WILL take 55 plat - she doesn't ask for plat. She asks for 550 gold.

Hasten Bootstrutter wants 3250 gold and his other stuff. Not 325 plat.
Good stuff. I knew some folks who fell victim to that on FV. Ouchies.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

I remember doing the final hand in for the shaman epic 1.0 back in live and I remember going nuts because something had gone badly wrong. My TrueSpirit faction had been reset to neutral and I didn't have my weapon...from glancing over the text it seemed as if I'd been told to get lost, and thought I'd have to start over.

About 10 minutes later after raging about it, there it was in my backpack all along [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Happy ending, but think most of us have had a few "DOH!" moments :P
Old 06-08-2011, 11:23 AM
Aviak

Excellent post, Amelinda!
Old 06-08-2011, 11:42 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember doing the final hand in for the shaman epic 1.0 back in live and I remember going nuts because something had gone badly wrong. My TrueSpirit faction had been reset to neutral and I didn't have my weapon...from glancing over the text it seemed as if I'd been told to get lost, and thought I'd have to start over.

About 10 minutes later after raging about it, there it was in my backpack all along [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Happy ending, but think most of us have had a few "DOH!" moments :P
I messed up 2 of my epics on live and had to redo them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-08-2011, 11:45 AM
Fire Giant

this is why i completely ignore and immediately delete petitions regarding quests.

this is also why i make occasional broadcast reminding people to 'learn to read the gettin gstarted thread instead of glancing at it and not following the instructions' for when they get stuck in nek.

Created by Uuur//Ihealyou -- Mad props!
Old 06-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Kobold

Amelinda created this post because of me

Also Amelindas new sig.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Kobold

A good point to mention too might be that if people are going to look up info on Alla, quests here are according to the time line that EQ would be in, not according to when Alla was last updated. Some of the quests were changed later in the time line and correctly doing a quest might require looking at notes/info that would match with where we currently are in the EQ time line.

Perfect example, the 6th Necro skullcap. It (and other quests) were changed after a few years, to do it properly one has to look at old notes, or old posts, after reading the in-game quest text, including notes dropped by NPC's!. People were chasing Revenants around forever looking for both drops, despite an in-game note (dropped by the Revenats btw) saying otherwise, just because the Alla posts dated from 2004 on said so. This is not 2004 in the timeline, it's currently pre-Velious. This is not Live, or Alla, this is Project1999. We're reliving history [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I made this mistake with the time line of the Breeze spell so I'm just putting it out there from my own humbling error [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks again Devs <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard
I don't come into McDonalds and criticize your work.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:13 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A good point to mention too might be that if people are going to look up info on Alla, quests here are according to the time line that EQ would be in, not according to when Alla was last updated.

Perfect example, the 6th Necro skullcap. It (and other quests) were changed after a few years, to do it properly one has to look at old notes, or old posts, after reading the in-game quest text, including notes dropped by NPC's!. People were chasing Revenants around forever looking for both drops, despite an in-game note (dropped by the Revenats btw) saying otherwise, just because the Alla posts dated from 2004 on said so. This is not 2004 in the timeline, it's currently pre-Velious. This is not Live, or Alla, this is Project1999. We're reliving history [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks again Devs <3
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 06-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Please fix the dumb NPCs. Oh, wait, that's classic...

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Closed Thread