Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 07-23-2023, 02:16 AM
Fire Giant

Its*
Old 07-23-2023, 02:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoofers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh no we live in an era with the longest life expectancy in human history and the least violence and horrible ways to die. Guess I'll just give up and die now cuz someone on the elf sin forums is having a bad day.
Yea that's great and all we live longer hurray.... but we also evolved as highly close-knit, gregarious, communal creatures who would spend each day surrounded by an extended family clan at the minimum. The modern Western civilization nuclear family is an empty, unnatural, and soul-destroying existence for most people. Americans are more miserable, alienated, socially retarded, and riddled with psychoses than ever.

Have we gained more than we've lost? I don't know. Modern life has some pretty sweet amenities. But it's difficult to overcome the fundamental wiring of our brains for a certain sensory and social environment.

The universe created a really fucking insanely cool and visceral experience for us in the survival of the fittest of the natural world. And we traded that for safety, to be basically hamsters. Overall I'd say modern life is better as long as you've got a crew
Last edited by Lune; 07-23-2023 at 03:21 AM..
Old 07-23-2023, 08:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
the longest life expectancy
quality vs quantity my bro <3

SHalom folks i'm going to not post tooo much in this thread today!
Old 07-23-2023, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

Sending big warm hugs.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 07-23-2023, 10:35 AM
Sarnak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoofers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh no we live in an era with the longest life expectancy in human history and the least violence and horrible ways to die. Guess I'll just give up and die now cuz someone on the elf sin forums is having a bad day.
lol
Old 07-23-2023, 12:27 PM
Banned

I'm waiting for smoofers to finish his or hers elf pvp tunaria server.

I think it was smoofers anyway elves vs dwarfs or something big like that anyway.
Old 07-23-2023, 11:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Old 07-24-2023, 12:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm waiting for smoofers to finish his or hers elf pvp tunaria server.

I think it was smoofers anyway elves vs dwarfs or something big like that anyway.
elfs vs dwarves vs iksars, RP mandatory and im in
Old 07-24-2023, 01:01 AM
Banned

The worst here is still first world

Nothing here remotely competes with 3rd world

This guy’s guide talks him out of being stranded or worse in this. Big ass balls to go into Haiti

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 07-24-2023, 09:38 AM
Banned

I bet some big construction firm from the west went in there and convinced a buncha middling managerial types to build that town in a dusty hellhole where the climate was sure to change. Some local mine dried up and they got bombed out by some other western affiliates.

The difference between them and us is it actually rains in Appalachia so you can have a vegetable garden. And we get checks. They get sacks of rice either directly from or pilfered off the UN or Salvation army.

I'm not saying either is wrong here I'm just saying. It's also probably harder to go get actual good drugs in that absolute hellhole then the states.

Now unlike most other "millennial" I'm not going to tell you folks how to stop enabling people and how to improve your own situation. You got folks like Patriam for that and I agree with him.