Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-15-2022, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having said that and after reading this forum thread I do believe the sleeper was indeed meant to be awakened. It would've happened eventually whether it was ST or Kingdom or whoever. The issue seems to be the manner in which the sleeper was triggered.
I have no problem with this

Intent is fine. My only issue is comparing it to manastone which is retarded and stupid because it's not even remotely the same thing.
Old 04-15-2022, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Intent is fine. My only issue is comparing it to manastone which is retarded and stupid because it's not even remotely the same thing.
Agreed
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 04-15-2022, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 Devs did not design manastone. Brad did not design manastone with P99 devs in mind. Seriously, why do you keep digging?

Again, was manastone designed to be removed?
This is nonsensical. I am not claiming the P99 dev's created Manastone from a game design perspective. You don't understand how video game emulators work if this isn't a troll. This conversation is going to be hard to continue if you are really starting from zero knowledge of video game creation and video game emulators.

P99 had to create custom code and rebuild the Everquest database to get the game working. P99 is part original Everquest code (in the case of the client), and part custom code/data (in the case of the database and server code).

The P99 Dev's could decide whether or not to put in Manastone. It isn't like they were forced to, they can do whatever they want. They could make P99 a completely custom server that has no resemblance to the original Everquest if they wanted. They decided to put Manastone in and have it be removed at a specific time, to simulate it getting nerfed.

On P99 Manastone is specifically designed to be removed, it is not organically removed due to balance issues being discovered that no one expected. People have known Manastone was overpowered for 20 years now lol.
Old 04-15-2022, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Can no longer get manastone, can no longer get warder loot. Seems similar enough to me. I think there is a very small percentage of people that actually like that they got those items and no one can ever get them again. DSM makes a good point that changes happened organically back in the day. Since we aren't going past Velious, we are left with people with an unfair advantage forever. But maybe that's what the devs wanted and intended.
Old 04-15-2022, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can no longer get manastone, can no longer get warder loot. Seems similar enough to me. I think there is a very small percentage of people that actually like that they got those items and no one can ever get them again. DSM makes a good point that changes happened organically back in the day. Since we aren't going past Velious, we are left with people with an unfair advantage forever. But maybe that's what the devs wanted and intended.
Exactly. The P99 developers purposely created the code to remove Manastone, and to have Sleeper permanently despawn the Warders. It isn't like the P99 developers were stuck with the code and are forced down this path. They chose to put it in, and therefore it is their intent for it to work like this. The P99 developers could easily make Manastone a permanent drop table item, or keep Warders spawning if they wanted to.
Old 04-15-2022, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

its a shame sleeper flying around didn't also auto flag everyone for PVP so it'd be like full blown norrathian apocalypses with people eating each other in the panic.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-15-2022, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Back when velious was live I always pictured the sleeper rampaging from ST to Rivervale and everywhere in between. I was disappointed to read that was never the case.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 04-15-2022, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is nonsensical. I am not claiming the P99 dev's created Manastone from a game design perspective. You don't understand how video game emulators work if this isn't a troll. This conversation is going to be hard to continue if you are really starting from zero knowledge of video game creation and video game emulators.
Why can't you just admit Sleeper isn't the same thing as Manastone? lol

They are not the same thing. Just accept it.

If you want to say they intended the event to be triggered. Great. No disagreement. Intent is one thing. Action is another. Players are still in control. Players can all agree not to trigger the event. Choice. It was left in the players hands to do with what they will.

If there was a specific date in Live History where Devs and Gms triggered this event, you'd be right. P99 Devs would follow that history. Alas ... it's not so.

Choice is what separates the two. It's that simple. No long drawn out posts from you are necessary. You want to drag this out because you can't admit your original comparison was wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 had to create custom code and rebuild the Everquest database to get the game working. P99 is part original Everquest code (in the case of the client), and part custom code/data (in the case of the database and server code).

The P99 Dev's could decide whether or not to put in Manastone. It isn't like they were forced to, they can do whatever they want. They could make P99 a completely custom server that has no resemblance to the original Everquest if they wanted. They decided to put Manastone in and have it be removed at a specific time, to simulate it getting nerfed.
It's called "Project 1999" for a reason. It's not called "Project Whatever" or "Project Pick And Choose"

Quote:
On P99 Manastone is specifically designed to be removed, it is not organically removed due to balance issues being discovered that no one expected. People have known Manastone was overpowered for 20 years now lol.
Manastone on P99 is made available to mimic Everquest Live History. Manastone was not designed by the ya know, the people that actually designed it, to be removed. It was removed because of obvious imbalance issues that were not seen at it's original conception. If the P99 devs were concerned about it's imbalance they would never have allowed it on the server to begin with.

They are strictly following history however. Alas ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can no longer get manastone, can no longer get warder loot. Seems similar enough to me.
Devs remove manastone as part of an official time line. They are merely following the same foot steps of the original development team.

Players either leave sleeper up or trigger the event

Not similar. Nice try though.
Old 04-15-2022, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Why can't you just admit Sleeper isn't the same thing as Manastone? lol

They are not the same thing. Just accept it.

If you want to say they intended the event to be triggered. Great. No disagreement. Intent is one thing. Action is another. Players are still in control. Players can all agree not to trigger the event. Choice. It was left in the players hands to do with what they will.

If there was a specific date in Live History where Devs and Gms triggered this event, you'd be right. P99 Devs would follow that history. Alas ... it's not so.

Choice is what separates the two. It's that simple. No long drawn out posts from you are necessary. You want to drag this out because you can't admit your original comparison was wrong.

It's called "Project 1999" for a reason. It's not called "Project Whatever" or "Project Pick And Choose"

Manastone on P99 is made available to mimic Everquest Live History. Manastone was not designed by the ya know, the people that actually designed it, to be removed. It was removed because of obvious imbalance issues that were not seen at it's original conception. If the P99 devs were concerned about it's imbalance they would never have allowed it on the server to begin with.

They are strictly following history however. Alas ..

Devs remove manastone as part of an official time line. They are merely following the same foot steps of the original development team.

Players either leave sleeper up or trigger the event

Not similar. Nice try though.
This is just a lot of nonsense. You can disagree with me, but you haven't given any evidence to disprove my points except you don't like what I have to say.

P99 is not the same thing as the live Everquest servers, either now, or in the past. It is a customized imitation, with no requirement to follow live history. There are plenty of custom changes on P99 already. You are trying to blur the lines between Everquest live back in 1999-2002 and P99. They are two separate things, even if you don't want to admit it.

It is a fact that on P99, Manastone is designed to be removed after a fixed time. It is specifically coded to do so.

It is a fact that on P99, Sleeper is designed to be awoken. It is specifically coded to do so.

It is a fact that players enjoy waking the Sleeper, as it is the statistically common outcome across all servers, both live and on P99.

It is a fact that pixel removal denies pixels regardless of who does it. If you are angry at one party for doing it, you must also be angry at any other party who does it. Otherwise you are just using this as a smokescreen to go after the specific party you don't like.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 04-15-2022 at 02:23 PM..
Old 04-15-2022, 02:27 PM
Banned

you guys just dont stop, huh?