Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-03-2022, 09:25 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think daybreak told Rodawg he can't make any more new servers after Green launched, that's why the Discord server got shit-boxed and that's why there is an eery silence about the matter. Daybreak got bought out though, so maybe there is a chance. Either way, you got another 6 months minimum.
You are saying it will be 6 months until a new green “season/server”? Is there a mailing list we can get on that will give an update?
Old 08-03-2022, 10:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, very toxic, Potatus the new Detoxx. Castle gets a couple Vulak loots and look what they turn into!
Dude is fine with his guildies afk camping with pets and two boxing too if the video that was posted years ago is correct
Old 08-04-2022, 04:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You would have to delete characters to get the 9th+ to show up, unless they were to come up with a new solution allowing you to scroll through or something.

The right move was to have a different account for green though.
On live you could (can?) scroll through excess characters with the up and down arrows on the keyboard. Common issue for the Zek server and various other merges.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 08-04-2022, 08:11 AM
Planar Protector

It's time for ya'll to make an actually real classic new box

Call it the Vision Box TM and fix/add the things that aren't here on P99 and should have been in classic and keep the power leves below +25 items make agility matter more than AC again, fix run speed with agility and encumberance. Fix channeling. Fix charm resists. Fix it all so it's hard to level again. And unnerf wizards.

Also fix quest exp so it's normal/fast and nerf all over exp. Bring back Bone Chips, Belts, Pads, Teeths, Tumpy tonics. Make Norrath Great Again. In fact never move past the legacy erra and TD Binds... Keep all legacy items in forever and never do the dumb shit the raiders wanted.
Old 08-05-2022, 05:06 PM
Aviak

Hey, guys. This is the first time I've logged in since 2013. I want to get back into P99. I see all this talk of different servers and, while I understand blue and red, this is the first time I've seen green and teal mentioned. How are they different to blue? Are their special rules Or are they the same just newer? And finally, which server is the newest, as that is probably where I'll start.
Old 08-05-2022, 09:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On live you could (can?) scroll through excess characters with the up and down arrows on the keyboard. Common issue for the Zek server and various other merges.
this wasnt the case for early merges/server moves. you'd have to delete characters to make new characters show if you were already at max.
Old 08-06-2022, 01:08 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trude [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey, guys. This is the first time I've logged in since 2013. I want to get back into P99. I see all this talk of different servers and, while I understand blue and red, this is the first time I've seen green and teal mentioned. How are they different to blue? Are their special rules Or are they the same just newer? And finally, which server is the newest, as that is probably where I'll start.
Green was released 2(?) years ago, and is now at the end of its time cycle. So Green is the newest server, and there are rumors that Green 2.0 will be released sometime. Maybe within a year?
Last edited by SenoraRaton; 08-06-2022 at 01:37 AM..
Old 08-06-2022, 08:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trude [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green has anew thing called list camps for highly desired items. It was used for guises,J boots,manastones etc in classic. Server managed list,no matter who kills the mob only #1 is able to loot.Now it's only for vp key items that we are at the end of the timeline.
It's a good system overall, not sure what their plans are for it next new server
Old 08-06-2022, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
So you know Blue and Red of course, and they finally announced in 2019 that the Green server would launch which was a proper timed out timeline for classic. They wanted to run the classic era as close as the original game went as possible, but do it like a seasonal thing, so when Green is about a year past the end of its timeline, it would roll into Blue, and a new green season 2 would start, and so on. It kind of works like seasonal systems in games like diablo/path of exile and other games like that.

They had one update where they said a lot of folks were concerned and didn't want that merge to happen, so they will play it by ear. Personally i'm a fan of the original proposed system of doing the main nonseason server and a rotating seasonal server, but its up to them.

Now you might wonder "what is Teal"?

Green launched to insane popularity and the servers couldn't handle the player count. Not from a technical standpoint but for a classic load standpoint on the content, so for a temporary time, the server split into a second shard. After around the 4-5 month mark, they remerged once numbers came back to manageable levels and now its just green again.

the staff did an amazing job with everything, better then I could ever imagine possible. There is not and likely will never be anyone who creates as accurate a picture of the classic timeline. Here's hoping for season 2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-06-2022, 11:06 AM
Fire Giant

List was overall an epic fail unless you had a lot of friends who wanted to account share to camp the 40 hour item drop or whatever so you could sleep. If they figured out a way to disable account sharing for lists that would make it more fair to the entire population.