Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 08-11-2022, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gotcha. Figured it was some miscommunication like that. Yeah, a sufficiently motivated player could summon the pet then go out and pull and if he has to root/camp once in awhile and lose the pet, so be it. Some folks do that. Some don't like fussing and in the end it's not a big difference killing four of them in an hour and twenty minutes vs, an hour and ten when you're logging off after the fourth either way.
Exactly.
Old 08-11-2022, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly.
Heck when I do it, duo, solo, grouped, whatever, I do it the hard way absorbing the AE's--by preference, sitting there three feet from the shoreline which could gimp the entire thing--which has got to just about make a power-gamer's head explode because it's not the easiest and most efficient way to do it. Oh no in the hundreds of those I've killed I might have killed another hundred in that time and made a few tens of thousands more pixel-platinum that I could lump into my bank full of it that I'm already not using! The horror!
Old 08-12-2022, 01:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have yet to prove it lol. I have videos, you don't.
Your videos show you are playing wrong, as has been pointed out multiple times with how you stagger spells incorrectly, how you don't use all the correct spells to begin with, and how you aren't using the pet to best effect. You also don't swap in a better melee weapon. If you play better, it's a factual certainty that you would kill faster.

Quote:
You are trying to split hairs. You really don't understand push as your previous posts show. If the Dragon gets pushed a little too far into the water, I lose line of sight and have to reposition the mob, which wastes time.
There are no "split hairs", you are simply positioning wrong. I understand push, stop using these pathetic straw man lines all the time; the pet does not push to the degree you are trying to say (unless something was changed), and there is enough room to fight while keeping the Dragon at the correct elevation.

Quote:
You didn't watch the video clearly.
YOUR PET IS FACTUALLY IN FRONT OF THE DRAGON AT 11:40 IN THE VIDEO. It remains there for over a minute. You are so fucking ridiculous. In the previous video the pet was in front for far longer than that as well.

Quote:
You've clearly never pulled WW Dragons either.
No, you clearly are just a bad puller. Hechaeva is right next to the water. There is NO reason whatsoever to use invis there. You are simply playing bad.

You're also contradicting yourself, as you lose invis anyway when pulling, and in the Bravatar video you are running through the middle of the fucking zone, instead of running the shorter distance to Bravatar from the cliff, where it's easy to what's coming and avoid it.
Last edited by Zuranthium; 08-12-2022 at 01:16 AM..
Old 08-12-2022, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

Show videos or admit defeat. You are just a noob who thinks he knows how to play[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] All of your "critisisms" are incorrect or were already explained by myself. Continuing to double down with text just shows how bad you are.

For people who want to learn, you invis at Hechaeva for two reasons: There is a long pather that goes right by her, and sometimes they are just out of visual range when you get close. You want to check for them and wait for them to path by before pulling. The second reason is because you can get extra cast time before hechaeva sees you when you uninvis, depending on the server update. It reduces the odds of your first spell being interrupted. This is true for all mobs, which is another reason why invising here is good. You want your first spells to go off asap.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-12-2022 at 10:00 AM..
Old 08-12-2022, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and in the Bravatar video you are running through the middle of the fucking zone, instead of running the shorter distance to Bravatar from the cliff, where it's easy to what's coming and avoid it.
I loaded the Bratavar video so I could see what the fuss was over.....and I don't see the fuss. He pulled a perfectly normal way, with two burrowers on one side, and too many roamers, including at least one roamer dragon, on the other side. The dragons have extremely large assist range so you need to stay unusually well clear of them. The pathing around there also tends to favor the east/west tracks for some reason so once it gets crowded it tends to stay crowded for a bit. That was a bit of a dice roll pulling it right when he did--I suspect he knew he was making a video and got a little impatient--and taking it a ways north was the smart thing to do in that circumstance.

The most irritating thing about the video was the constant use of third person easymode view and while it rubs me wrong I can hardly crucify him for that since probably most folks on P99 use it. Play first person like the game was meant to be played! I don't use mousewheel, I use first-person and F9 like intended.

Danth
Old 08-12-2022, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I loaded the Bratavar video so I could see what the fuss was over.....and I don't see the fuss. He pulled a perfectly normal way, with two burrowers on one side, and too many roamers, including at least one roamer dragon, on the other side. The dragons have extremely large assist range so you need to stay unusually well clear of them. The pathing around there also tends to favor the east/west tracks for some reason so once it gets crowded it tends to stay crowded for a bit. That was a bit of a dice roll pulling it right when he did--I suspect he knew he was making a video and got a little impatient--and taking it a ways north was the smart thing to do in that circumstance.

The most irritating thing about the video was the constant use of third person easymode view and while it rubs me wrong I can hardly crucify him for that since probably most folks on P99 use it. Play first person like the game was meant to be played! I don't use mousewheel, I use first-person and F9 like intended.

Danth
Thanks for checking out the video!

He is simply making a fuss because he wants to prove how much of a "pro gamer" he is. I am not sure why he wants to do that, and he is failing at it miserably. I think he just got angry in the "most underpowered" class thread, and is bringing that anger here.

As I have said before, my videos are not perfect, and their intent is not to show hard core gaming at it's finest. They show how the game works, and a good strategy for beating WW Dragons. You are correct when you surmise that I do get impatient from time to time when making these videos. I'd rather get a clean video done, even if it isn't 100% perfect, as opposed to shooting it over again, especially for a video that is showcasing a 20 minute fight.

None of Zuranthium's suggestions would improve these videos in any significant way, as shown by the video I made showcasing his "DPS strategy". He will continue to make silly "criticisms" I am sure, but none of them will hold water. I would be happy to see his "pro gaming" strategies in a video, so we can all learn how to Shaman better. But he won't.
Old 08-12-2022, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'd rather get a clean video done, even if it isn't 100% perfect,
Min-max YouTube video making: Start it when you tag rather than when you first run out, brag about your perfect quick clean pull, don't show the 10 minutes you have to stand there waiting for it, nobody's the wiser! Nah, I respect the effort at showing reality as it is, warts and all, rather than constantly trying to cherry-pick perfection.
Last edited by Danth; 08-12-2022 at 10:53 AM..
Old 08-12-2022, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Min-max YouTube video making: Start it when you tag rather than when you first run out, brag about your perfect quick clean pull, don't show the 10 minutes you have to stand there waiting for it, nobody's the wiser! Nah, I respect the effort at showing reality as it is, warts and all, rather than constantly trying to cherry-pick perfection.
Thanks. That is the purpose of my videos. When you do the Youtube preferred way of shorter videos with cuts, it hides some of the smaller strategies people may be wondering about, such as how to do a complete pull from start to finish.

I am not trying to become some huge Youtuber, I just want people to be able to see the entire method, so they can get all the information needed to do it themselves. It's more boring, but also more informative.
Old 08-12-2022, 11:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
None of Zuranthium's suggestions would improve these videos in any significant way, as shown by the video I made showcasing his "DPS strategy".
Yes they would improve it. You simply refuse to listen and/or are somehow incapable of executing. You ignore the very clear mistakes you're doing and then point at video of playing poorly as some kind of evidence in your favor. Total dunning-kruger syndrome.

Quote:
you invis at Hechaeva for two reasons: There is a long pather that goes right by her, and sometimes they are just out of visual range when you get close. You want to check for them and wait for them to path by before pulling.
You don't need invis to check. Nothing is "out of visual range". You just peak up the cliff, see it's clear, and then walk over to pull. It's so simple.

Quote:
The second reason is because you can get extra cast time before hechaeva sees you when you uninvis, depending on the server update. It reduces the odds of your first spell being interrupted.
Your first spell should be Malosini, which is not going to be interrupted anyway with its quick cast time. These targets don't need a Malo starter, the other debuff is better and has a good enough chance of landing on its own. You save lots of mana when it gets off 1st cast, and if it doesn't you just kite around a bit and try again. Much better than taking unnecessary rounds of attack and also wasting more mana and cast time midfight to reapply.

Quote:
I loaded the Bratavar video so I could see what the fuss was over.....and I don't see the fuss. He pulled a perfectly normal way, with two burrowers on one side, and too many roamers, including at least one roamer dragon, on the other side.
If you draw a line west from Bratavar, that path has less MOBs. It's not hard to start over at the water ledge, run east unvis while avoiding MOBs, stand on top of the westward hill to get a vantage point, and then go pull when you see an opening where the timing is appropriate to run in and out. Instead he is running up from the south central area and just standing there next to Bratavar.
Old 08-13-2022, 12:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes they would improve it. You simply refuse to listen and/or are somehow incapable of executing. You ignore the very clear mistakes you're doing and then point at video of playing poorly as some kind of evidence in your favor. Total dunning-kruger syndrome.
You are a noob. Please stop wasting everybody's time because you think you aren't. I will happily have a dialogue if you can actually stop saying the same wrong things over and over again.

Quote:
You don't need invis to check. Nothing is "out of visual range". You just peak up the cliff, see it's clear, and then walk over to pull. It's so simple.
Sigh. P99 has a max draw distance. Models disappear after that draw distance. The pather comes from outside of max draw distance. It is simple indeed. Hopefully you learned something new now. The pather can be a 4+ Dragon, and they have a higher agro radius.

Quote:
Your first spell should be Malosini, which is not going to be interrupted anyway with its quick cast time. These targets don't need a Malo starter, the other debuff is better and has a good enough chance of landing on its own. You save lots of mana when it gets off 1st cast, and if it doesn't you just kite around a bit and try again. Much better than taking unnecessary rounds of attack and also wasting more mana and cast time midfight to reapply.
This is a very silly suggestion. You waste mana when it gets chain resisted. Malosini/Slow have a higher chance of being resisted without Malo. You Malo first so that way the Slow lands consistently. The most important part of any Torpor Shaman fight is the Pre-Slow phase. Again, you don't know any of this. Due to the amount of pathers and eating AoE's it's not wise to kite above water, and when the mob is in the water you lose line of sight, so you can't cast on the mob without bringing it back out. That would be a big waste of time, which you are apparently trying (and failing) to avoid. I am not sure what "lots of mana" is, the difference between Malo and Malosini is 150 mana. If I have to cast Malosini twice due to a resist, it costs 50 more mana than the single Malo lol.

Finally, in any fight where you can land Malosini consistently... you don't need it lol. Malosini and Slow have the same resist chance. WW Dragons have good resistances, so you do need Malo at least to get them to the point where spells land comfortably. Another sign that you have never fought WW Dragons.

Quote:
If you draw a line west from Bratavar, that path has less MOBs. It's not hard to start over at the water ledge, run east unvis while avoiding MOBs, stand on top of the westward hill to get a vantage point, and then go pull when you see an opening where the timing is appropriate to run in and out. Instead he is running up from the south central area and just standing there next to Bratavar.
It depends on the pathers at the time. Being invis makes it easier, and pre-summoning the pet doesn't save any significant amount of time. I've tested both methods. You have tested neither, and refuse to provide video evidence proving your theories lol.

Honestly it's really easy to talk big. But you won't actually show what you are capable of. Sorry you don't play P99.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-13-2022 at 12:44 AM..