Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 06-04-2022, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Imaging thinking disease ever talked to rogean lol

I did talk to Barack Obama tho and he said he would pull some strings to get mcquaids original server code into my hands so we can have a legit actual server with real live database
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 06-04-2022, 07:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imaging thinking disease ever talked to rogean lol

I did talk to Barack Obama tho and he said he would pull some strings to get mcquaids original server code into my hands so we can have a legit actual server with real live database
Imagine if a president, ex president did this.

We should keep it in house only with the pvp community tho. Don't let bluebies get their grubby little goblinid mittens all over it.
Last edited by starkind; 06-04-2022 at 07:23 PM..
Old 06-04-2022, 11:12 PM
Planar Protector

Your right about the bluebies
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 06-05-2022, 06:44 PM
Sarnak

I'd play Red right now if it was reset. On any ruleset. Tbh.
Old 06-05-2022, 08:35 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd play Red right now if it was reset. On any ruleset. Tbh.
Same
Old 06-05-2022, 10:11 PM
Fire Giant

I'm still having IRL issues to prevent me from playing. Don't get me wrong, I would love a new Red, but I also don't want to pressure GMs into it, if it fails. But also, it would be cool to have a new red.

I'd be playing blue/green right now if my IRL issues, weren't so bad.
Old 06-06-2022, 10:33 AM
Aviak

I would genuinely play if red was just wiped, honestly on a pvp server it would be best if it just auto reset every 4 years or so. Side question to the veterans, why won't they just simply reset red and restart it ?
Old 06-06-2022, 10:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would genuinely play if red was just wiped, honestly on a pvp server it would be best if it just auto reset every 4 years or so. Side question to the veterans, why won't they just simply reset red and restart it ?
I think its just not how things are usually done here. People dont like their shit wiped so its the model, blue as first pve server, then another one opens up (green).

So here it would likely be red as first pvp server, then orange or purple or whatever. The thing is they said we would have another pvp server 2 years ago, and we got nothing but radio silence since then. Im sure alot of people would play and i dont understand why they cant just do a 5 minutes update like "New red will never happen, IRL issues dont have time for it" or "Its still coming, we dont know when".

With every lurker posting recently that they would play, theres probably X10 that is just waiting for a server to pop or potential word of mouth player. Theres thousands of gamers who do MMOs on something awful forums for example (Goonswarm in eve) and you could probably recruit 50 people just out of a post there of a new EQ pvp server.
Old 06-06-2022, 01:25 PM
Skeleton

ya know unless they have stopped in the 5 or 6 years i have been gone from reds .... yearly a new temoporary red server opens .... so technically they have already made true their statement ... but those servers always die after a few weeks when the new wears off .
oh and people dont like having spent 100s of hours building toon only to have them wiped ... i know it feels "unfair" to play on a server with raid geared people when you are in cloth but thats not their fault and it should drive you to better your character and know your limits
Old 06-06-2022, 01:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ya know unless they have stopped in the 5 or 6 years i have been gone from reds .... yearly a new temoporary red server opens .... so technically they have already made true their statement ... but those servers always die after a few weeks when the new wears off .
"These servers" dont always die. Red started out with 600 and started bleeding players right away but 95% of that im sure was xp loss in pvp. Theres no reason to think a new red wouldnt retain 300+, maybe more at least into velious. P99 isnt an obscure thing now, im betting we would get more people than the first launch.

The other boxes like vztz are meant to be seasonal, from what i understand and have nothing to do with project 99.