Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 01-19-2022, 04:51 AM
Kobold

Default Solo Untwinked Ranger Guide: 50-60

Hello. Due to work/RL I've had to solo grind from 50 - 60 on an untwinked Ranger. This Ranger is my main as well.

wiki Magelo profile: https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_...s_Swiftstrider

50-52: HHK Kill the guards, Mistress Ana, Captain Bosec and Captain Boshinko. If they're hitting too hard, just root-joust or root-and-shoot.

52-54/55: HHK Bards - Star Dreamspinner and Storm Dragonchaser. Avoid nobles and Isabella if you want to save a headache with faction (annoying to deal with during pulls too).

54/55 - 57: HHK Dyrna Nlith (basement jail)

57 - 60: Swamp of No Hope - Grik the Exile

57 - 60 alternate: LFAY Brownie Guards *because I wasn't twinked I needed to bow kite with a ton of FR and some MR gear. I also bought a Tolan's bracer for this.

57 - 60 alternate: HHK Dulcina Blackhand *18 min respawn with a PH.

If anyone needs more detailed strategies for any camp, such as how to split the bards (Harmony doesn't work as they are linked), let me know.
Last edited by gherron; 01-19-2022 at 05:07 AM..
Old 01-22-2022, 12:13 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gherron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello. Due to work/RL I've had to solo grind from 50 - 60 on an untwinked Ranger. This Ranger is my main as well.

... I also bought a Tolan's bracer for this.
hey, congrats on 60. out of curiosity, what are the parameters for being untwinked, to you?
Old 01-22-2022, 07:26 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loserofgame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hey, congrats on 60. out of curiosity, what are the parameters for being untwinked, to you?
No fungi/ sky cloak/ epics/ being able to farm cash from another character. I also saved up all that cash from leveling and bought that (HHK). The magelo shows you my equipment.

That is also an optional route for 57-60 as there's no need for summoned arrows for any of the other camps.
Old 01-22-2022, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

so basically the guide is to stay in HHK?
Old 01-23-2022, 02:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 01-25-2022, 11:00 AM
Sarnak

48-52 SolB Bats at guano camp solA zoneline. pull right to zone, snare fear melee. when you hit bottom of ramp run back up. bat wont wander far enough to aggro. repeat when it returns

52-54 Raptors in TD. just camp 1 or 2. root rot/bow down to 60%. melee to 20%. then they flee.

54-60 Polar bear bits fear kite.

do have sky cloak, sky bow, fungi, epics but no required. def need worn haste and a swarmcaller thiufh
Old 01-26-2022, 07:05 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost182 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
48-52 SolB Bats at guano camp solA zoneline. pull right to zone, snare fear melee. when you hit bottom of ramp run back up. bat wont wander far enough to aggro. repeat when it returns

52-54 Raptors in TD. just camp 1 or 2. root rot/bow down to 60%. melee to 20%. then they flee.

54-60 Polar bear bits fear kite.

do have sky cloak, sky bow, fungi, epics but no required. def need worn haste and a swarmcaller thiufh
I knew about these camps but didn't feel that I had the gear for them. Also I think polar bears are often camped, and you might have to deal with a spider spawn.

As for the high 40s, Bloodgills in LOIO are great too. However, I focused my time in HHK from 50-57 because of the high ZEM, classic hp/ac/atk of mobs, and cash.
Old 01-26-2022, 01:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gherron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I knew about these camps but didn't feel that I had the gear for them. Also I think polar bears are often camped, and you might have to deal with a spider spawn.

As for the high 40s, Bloodgills in LOIO are great too. However, I focused my time in HHK from 50-57 because of the high ZEM, classic hp/ac/atk of mobs, and cash.
well, solb requires no gear, only panic animal. the raptors require tolans bracer for sure. that camp is slow 1 or 2 spawn mostly root rot camp, and bear pits does have spiders. you can deal with them if you want to clear all or you can skip but limit your spawns. they are 100% root rottable, but yea fungi/epics/haste cloak/bracer/ solid bow are great
Old 01-26-2022, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

I'd be curious to know how good bear pits are after the -15% ZEM hit on permafrost.
Old 01-26-2022, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]