Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2021, 07:01 AM
Kobold

Default Yet Another Solo Warrior Thread

44 Barbarian Warrior, in full classic bis (crafted) but no haste belt, wielding kunark weapons (acid etched and green jade). Leatherfoot cap, invis ring, SoW Lev and IvU pots.

Is there any place I could level him solo? I like logging in the morning at GMT time when no one is online so I can have entire zones to myself. With bandages I can restore myself to 50% relatively quick so if any mob takes less than half my health pool to kill I can solo there at reasonable speed (for a melee class)

I didn't play much during Kunark so I have no idea what the good 44+ zones are. What I tried so far is specs, Grobb and Oggok guards and they were fairly unpleasant.

Is there hope for a cheap twinked solo warrior or do I just get used to afking with the LFG tag for hours?

21 y/o fantasy nerd - Discord: Midoo#2125
Odym Drekk
- 52 BAR SHM (main) || Midoo - 51 BAR WAR (alt)

Old 10-03-2021, 08:37 AM
Planar Protector

Bloodgills in loio are the 44-51 solo game. You should be able to do the 4 in front that don’t require splitting. I’ve never done them without pretty good gear though, but it’s worth a shot. If they’re too hard I’d grab some shrink pots and head to sol a gnomes until 46. Then go back to bloodgills.
Old 10-03-2021, 10:18 AM
Sarnak

My war did tarn bearcrusher in east freeport from around 44 to 49 iirc. pretty much the same gear, i had mostly crafted and i think i was using 2 yaks at the time. bandages and food right downstairs, guards or close npcs dont assist and no faction hits.
Old 10-03-2021, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

There was a thread about a dark elf warrior about six months ago who soloed all the way to 50 I think it was on Green. He was solo self found too, so it's definitely doable.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=382508

That being said, If I was in your shoes, I would focus on farming plat until I could buy some SCHW before I tried to solo again. Shouldn't take too long.
Old 10-03-2021, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Sol b is pretty easy to 50. Or picking some easy mobs in like HK.
Old 10-03-2021, 11:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sol b is pretty easy to 50. Or picking some easy mobs in like HK.
i could be wrong but wouldnt a 44 solo war with mostly classic gear get smoked in solb real quick?
Old 10-03-2021, 11:27 PM
Banned

wrong forum
Old 10-04-2021, 01:57 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
44 Barbarian Warrior, in full classic bis (crafted) but no haste belt, wielding kunark weapons (acid etched and green jade)...

...is there hope for a cheap twinked solo warrior or do I just get used to afking with the LFG tag for hours?
The short answer is you are not twinked enough to solo effectively. Consider another poster's suggestion of farming some plat (go kill level 20-30 enemies who drop things) and pick up better/more gear, especially a haste item (SCHW will increase your DPS considerably)

The long answer is yes it is possible to gain positive exp, but aside from using unconventional kill strats (bow kiting, aggro kiting) you will not be able to toe-to-toe monsters without significant downtime. You can bandage to 50%, but you can't exp mobs with only 50% starting health most of the time with that level of gear at 44.

If you don't mind spending time looking in EC tunnel for upgrades, make some platinum while LFG and purchase upgrades. If you prefer to rough it, someone's suggestion of Tarn Bearcrusher as a solo spot is decent (warning: you will lose money at this camp from food/drink/bandages alone as Tarn Bearcrusher drops no coin and next to no loot).
Old 10-04-2021, 02:47 AM
Fire Giant

Add every healer to your friends list as you go.
Old 10-05-2021, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

/who all shaman 40 48