Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2021, 11:41 PM
Banned

Default I solo’d a non twink Cleric to 50 on Blue

This was not part of the plan. It just happened out of necessity.

Leveled in the Commonlands/Nektulos/Befallen/North Ro until level 14.

At level 14 I AFK farmed Scarecrows in West Karana until level 20. I then went to Unrest and solo’d stuff on the first floor mostly, and occasionally some mobs on the 2nd floor until level 28.

Then went to Misty Thicket and killed Deputy Felp until level 32 and Deputy Looh until level 36. Made enough plat doing this to easily get 200+ Wisdom. Made sure to turn in bandages every so often to keep my faction good enough to vendor locally.

At 36 I did Hag tower in Unrest until level 40.

At level 40 I began farming specters in Feerrott to 50.

Was actually really easy. Would have been almost impossible on Green due to how hard it is to find a camp. On blue I never saw anyone trying to take any of the mobs I was farming.

I didn’t specialize in evocation or anything. Deputies spawn slow and there’s really only 3 mobs in Hag tower.. Spectres are just a very AFK friendly camp as well.

Not bragging by any means, but don’t be intimidated to play a Cleric on Blue... they seriously not hard to solo with when almost every optimal camp is open all hours of the day.
Last edited by RecondoJoe; 04-09-2021 at 11:45 PM..
Old 04-10-2021, 02:19 AM
Planar Protector

How many specters did you kill each cycle? The xp still pretty fast when they start turning into xp greens?

My cleric been sitting at 46 forever, cause I've been too lazy to LFG and just end up playing other characters. Would be nice to finally get his 90% rez.
Old 04-10-2021, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

I found them to be decent all the way to 50. Their lack of hp is what makes them worthwhile.

[Wed Feb 05 20:02:08 2020] You have slain a spectre!
[Wed Feb 05 20:02:08 2020] You gain experience!!
[Wed Feb 05 20:02:08 2020] You have gained a level! Welcome to level 50!

-Mcoy
Old 04-10-2021, 10:35 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Made enough plat doing this to easily get 200+ Wisdom.
edit: the premise of this thread is positive so i retract my snarky statement about this being a non-twinked run. i'm glad that very powerful cleric equipment is available on the market for cheap to ungeared players on blue
Last edited by loserofgame; 04-10-2021 at 10:45 AM..
Old 04-10-2021, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Having done the same thing on Blue, but with a twinked Cleric, I feel like you missed out on a real opportunity by not doing Tower of Frozen Shadow: the first couple levels of that dungeon are perfect for a soloing cleric.

(The higher levels probably are too, but CRs start getting hairy ... in fact, even the second level can be a bit of a pain if you don't corpse a key in advance, or have a high level alt handy to kill the 1st floor key mob.)

If anyone is thinking of repeating this, and not desperate for plat, I'd definitely recommend TOFS over Misty Thicket (for one thing, halflings aren't undead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-10-2021, 03:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How many specters did you kill each cycle? The xp still pretty fast when they start turning into xp greens?

My cleric been sitting at 46 forever, cause I've been too lazy to LFG and just end up playing other characters. Would be nice to finally get his 90% rez.
At level 40 with a full mana bar I could easily kill two. Post 44 they die in 3 nukes.
Old 04-10-2021, 03:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loserofgame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
edit: the premise of this thread is positive so i retract my snarky statement about this being a non-twinked run. i'm glad that very powerful cleric equipment is available on the market for cheap to ungeared players on blue
I am actually a gnome (lowest wisdom in the game) and still hit 200+ wisdom easy off of the deputy $$$. 6 minute spawn, it comes out to about 100p an hour (levels 28-36 -- that adds up to a decent amount of pp -- could prob stay even longer but I got bored). I’m trying to think of the most expensive item i own.. I think golden efreeti boots. Adamantite epaulets, bone amulet of blade turning, gauntlest of the black, totem of the warrior spirit, velium ruby veil, velium jasper ringx2, a forest loop/jasper golden earring, reed belt (400p), withered leather wristbandsx2, nathsar caps, sebilite scale leggings, crystal covered shroud,
titans fist for my weapon, molten cloak (was a gift) etc. very few items that cost more than 300p really. had enough money to get weight reduction bags too (evil eye and light burlap sack). still no arm slot, lol.

edit: got a kromzek surveyor scope for 50p. very good for cleric, allows you to get a second cast off before your stuns end. otherwise the stun wears off before the spell gems unlock, lol.

i dont think i could have done this on green even as a twink just because every camp is contested. even if you got the deputies, by the time you vendored your spears and came back someone would have taken the camp... in my experience. hag towers? Almost perma camped on green etc. Same with spectres.
Last edited by RecondoJoe; 04-10-2021 at 03:21 PM..
Old 04-10-2021, 03:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having done the same thing on Blue, but with a twinked Cleric, I feel like you missed out on a real opportunity by not doing Tower of Frozen Shadow: the first couple levels of that dungeon are perfect for a soloing cleric.

(The higher levels probably are too, but CRs start getting hairy ... in fact, even the second level can be a bit of a pain if you don't corpse a key in advance, or have a high level alt handy to kill the 1st floor key mob.)

If anyone is thinking of repeating this, and not desperate for plat, I'd definitely recommend TOFS over Misty Thicket (for one thing, halflings aren't undead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).
I was too scared to go there... ngl. I know all of the pre kunark zones really well since I played on green before kunark dropped. When I go to Kunark or Velious I’m completely lost and remember Tower of Frozen Shadow as a scary place where people lost their corpses on lower floors lol.

Edit: Halflings aren't undead, but mana won't be issue since you really only kill one of them at a time. I was AFK watching youtube most of the time because of how trivial it was. For non twink the money did help out a lot.. I had like 118 wisdom when I first started doing them, and 203 when I left lol. I'm sure TOFS is more exp, and prob a lot more fun though... i actually really left Misty Thicket because imagine sitting in a tower waiting on Deputy Looh to spawn for days on end (lol its super boring). Hag tower was so much faster exp and more fun because I had to time the Undead Knight spawner and try to split the other two hags as far apart as I could.

If I get rich enough to twink another character on Blue I plan on leveling in more exciting places. As a Cleric who could never find a group these were really just the more obvious, AFK friendly options that I was aware of.
Last edited by RecondoJoe; 04-10-2021 at 03:33 PM..
Old 04-10-2021, 03:56 PM
Server GM

Nice! Now lets see you solo to 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraceptive View Post
If you can prove God is real to me I might believe you aren't just a virgin that has been given fake internet powers that you over-wield on an imaginary game. Also, don't forget to take contraceptive, the world doesn't need any more yous. Ah who the hell am I kidding you're not reproducing you're too busy blanket banning people on a 20 year old elf simulator.
Old 04-10-2021, 03:58 PM
Banned

I'm not trying to be a know it all or expert cleric / solo player, I just remember when I made my cleric and I read a guide that said some clerics specialize in evocation so they can solo and thinking "my god, I cant imagine solo'ing as a cleric, that must be hell."

Not true at all, on Blue it is actually pretty easy, and it didn't require me to specialize in evocation. Still specialized in alteration. Actually had an easier time leveling a Cleric to 50 on Blue than I did leveling my Shaman on Green because it was harder to get wisdom items on green and most camps were always contested.
Closed Thread