Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2021, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

Default Red 99 Good Times Recollect

Let's share some good stories from Red 99 including beta.

Either when you got lucky and something worked out for you, or when you outclassed some chump and made him get what he had coming, or when you made a new pal.

Real stories preferred. Lets remember the good times which can help us look forward to how cool red 2.0 is going to be regardless of how it rolls out or when.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:46 PM
Fire Giant

Like an old guy with an out of date firebird

when I got my first wurmslayer I smacked it and I said, "Wurmslayer. 250,000 miles. 220 horsepower. V6. This brings in all the chicks."
Old 01-25-2021, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like an old guy with an out of date firebird

when I got my first wurmslayer I smacked it and I said, "Wurmslayer. 250,000 miles. 220 horsepower. V6. This brings in all the chicks."
Full legit LOL on that. "She's a classic!"

Couldn't agree more on that one. Wurmslayer was the dope for such a long time. Not best in slot, but the dope nonetheless.

One happy memory comes to mind when I was at the ghoul assassin for like an entire day getting guises for guildies and hoping to win a roll for one myself but then I had to do real life and logged off for a while.

I logged back in and it was like the scene in the new star trek movie when they come out of warp and the whole star fleet is just decimated and all debris everywhere. The group was fully wiped, I think I might have got there just in time to see one last brave fighter killed. I was able to be a pro elite cleric and CC the adds, and then blow the smithereens out of the assassin. He had the guise which I looted before camping out all the adds. I came back in and rezzed the rest of the team and we got back to work. It was sweet.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-25-2021, 08:09 PM
Banned

Remember when the custom pvp box fell apart
Old 01-25-2021, 08:13 PM
Planar Protector

I remember that, but it is not a fond recollection.

I remember fondly when the Holocaust guys really wanted to show that being a PVP oriented player with grizzled PVP experience and also PVP EMU experience would win the day against Nihilum and blue poopsock pixel skills.

They fought well before the ban in permafrost which was really the actual end of the server IMO turned into permanent whinefest after that. I don't know anything about those players or their history but I know there were probably some of the best EQ pvp players ever playing in this server at that time.

There were some cool dudes on both sides, and you could always find a twink PK logging into unrest every 15 or so minutes to see if there was someone to murder, which is how it should be.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-25-2021, 08:27 PM
Fire Giant

I felt bad for an erudite Sk that tried to pk my group. I need that in my life. Just throwing strats out there just to see if they work. It was in crushbone though.
Old 01-25-2021, 09:29 PM
Fire Giant

This was fun
Attached Images
File Type: jpg donationfee.jpg (18.3 KB, 51 views)
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 01-26-2021, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

I remember a fine time when lovely on beta gave me like 1k pp to sponsor me as a noob so he could PK me later and I followed him around for a while and watched him ice comet a few guys. I think he ported me into WC and there were dudes there and I got to watch some battle.

It was a long time ago, more distant than EQ live play (for me) was when beta came out for context.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-26-2021, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

What in the lame is going on in this thread?
Old 01-26-2021, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

I know you've played everquest and even R99 so tell us the story that makes you keep coming back to these forums hoping for a new server like the rest of us.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread