Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 11:29 PM
Large Bat

Default Are there any actual new players?

I created a Barbarian Rogue and have met a few higher level people that were very helpful (shout out to Yuchan and Potatus) and I've somehow made my way to Greater Faydark at level 5. I'm asking out loud if any other players around my level want to team up, but they seem to be alternate characters that are powering their way through the content. Should I just quit now or are there genuine new players out there that are looking for adventure and friendship?
Old 05-05-2020, 05:53 PM
Sarnak

I dont think many people group at lvl 5 because its still fairly trivial to solo for any class. Theres more groups as you get a bit higher. In GFay you can try looking for groups at the orcs near Crushbone, or in a few levels look inside CB for groups.

Even if theres not many "new" players, there still should be plenty of alts grouping. Also, the real grind is from 50-60 when Kunark comes out, so assuming you get to 50 before then, you will be on a level playing field with everyone else.
Old 05-05-2020, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

There are TONS of brand new players and returning players on P99. Green was a huge boon to the population. I can't tell you the number of people I've met in game who said they use to play back in the day and decided to finally try P99 due to green.

Please don't give up, P99/Classic Everquest is hard but very rewarding the further you get.
Levels 1-20 can be some of the hardest levels, Put your head down and push through. Send /tell to people and do /who level 5 10 to try and put together groups.

Don't get discouraged and check out the https://wiki.project1999.com

ps. Rogue is a grouping class, Be aggresive about finding groups to join. Get on group lists for dps. Find out who the leader of the group is and ask them to add you to the DPS List.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 05-05-2020 at 06:06 PM..
Old 05-05-2020, 06:05 PM
Skeleton

there's almost always a group at orc hill but the fastest xp on faydwer from 4-8 is probably the kobolds in steam. rogue doesn't have the best synergy with most gnome toons but you might be able to recruit a tank or something from gfay. you should be able to use commands like /who all 3 7 lfg to see who's lfg.
Old 05-05-2020, 06:17 PM
Large Bat

Thanks guys. I was able to make some friends on Orc Hill and made it to level 8 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-05-2020, 07:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbados82 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I created a Barbarian Rogue and have met a few higher level people that were very helpful (shout out to Yuchan and Potatus) and I've somehow made my way to Greater Faydark at level 5. I'm asking out loud if any other players around my level want to team up, but they seem to be alternate characters that are powering their way through the content. Should I just quit now or are there genuine new players out there that are looking for adventure and friendship?
I'm returning, and my highest character is 12. I'm currently leveling a new Necro. I think other people are right when they say most people start grouping a little higher up in levels, but I did see groups going when I was in Crushbone, and EC has orc groups going too.

Also, I suspect a lot of folks are in a similar situation to me where life's responsibilities necessitate soloing most evenings, just in case we need to drop everything to take care of something around the home. But still, I'm looking forward to grouping one of these nights I know I can play uninterrupted! Don't lose hope for groups!
Old 05-05-2020, 07:52 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I just started a new toon with my wife over in Gfay. Plenty of people over here.

Serattz Druid
Galyadriel Mage
Old 05-05-2020, 08:29 PM
Planar Protector

I came across a very scared necromancer last week. He had run from Nektulos to Highkeep to get his son's pet spells for him and died in the process (being a necro, guards didn't like him) and had to run back again needing an invis from good samaritans along the way.

People are still new here, the biggest barrier to playing P99 is still getting it set up ^^
Old 05-05-2020, 08:29 PM
Planar Protector

If you get a chance to benefit from a little bit of easy-mode by grouping with other people's twinked characters, I recommend it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The journey to 50 (and especially to 60) is long. You'll have plenty of harrowing adventures along the way.
Old 05-05-2020, 08:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you get a chance to benefit from a little bit of easy-mode by grouping with other people's twinked characters, I recommend it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The journey to 50 (and especially to 60) is long. You'll have plenty of harrowing adventures along the way.
Hell yeah I love joining twinks ;D