Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2022, 11:15 PM
Planar Protector

He’ll be governor of California one day, but statewide office in Texas? Nah
Old 08-11-2022, 11:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m going off of lack of baggage. He hasn’t had to Peacock with abortion bans at Ejaculation or opening schools but burning libraries

He’s in a purple state where he’s been forced into centrism. He has the Republican popular issues like immigration, crime, and border security but none of the negatives like abortion due to that not being a real conversation in Virginia

DeSantis really increased his negatives these past couple of years. Independents still matter

I’m probably wrong, but I think trump loses to Biden or any dem. I think DeSantis narrowly wins in a close contest. Youngkin wins by 5-10%

That would be my guess if the election were held tomorrow. That’s just my center right sensibility though. I’m projecting a lot of what has turned me off to the current Republican Party
yea I have not seen any skeletons come out of his (youngkin's) closest yet. Parents is always a winning platform.

Not a min maxer, don't care about it
Old 08-11-2022, 11:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethalis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The spying wasn't. However I am not convinced that doing something like Israel is any good, tons more gridlock there even though I like gridlock what they have is probably too much.

One party system, we all know how that turns out historically. Regardless of how much hate each party gets, they both need each other. The gridlock used to be a good thing and then something changed during the bush years and exploded in the Obama years when both sides just decided to agree on everything and put every constituence wants on every bill and spend like crazy.

I do like the idea of ranked choice voting.
Probably that war he helped us get into. Where there weren't any weapons of mass destruction. And before that was Nixon so ...yeah

both sides aren't the same; stop asking for another do over.
Old 08-11-2022, 11:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably that war he helped us get into. Where there weren't any weapons of mass destruction. And before that was Nixon so ...yeah

both sides aren't the same; stop asking for another do over.
who are you talking to and what are you talking about?

Old 08-11-2022, 11:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethalis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The spying wasn't. However I am not convinced that doing something like Israel is any good, tons more gridlock there even though I like gridlock what they have is probably too much.

One party system, we all know how that turns out historically. Regardless of how much hate each party gets, they both need each other. The gridlock used to be a good thing and then something changed during the bush years and exploded in the Obama years when both sides just decided to agree on everything and put every constituence wants on every bill and spend like crazy.

I do like the idea of ranked choice voting.
If the GOP decide they want to sink with Trump, you'd see the neoliberal and progressive factions of the Democratic Party split so fast.
Old 08-11-2022, 11:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the GOP decide they want to sink with Trump, you'd see the neoliberal and progressive factions of the Democratic Party split so fast.
Yea they buried bearnie. Just like the neo-cons did to the teaparty wing.

Old 08-11-2022, 11:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
who are you talking to and what are you talking about?
Quoting you now allows you to play stupid, apparently.

We don't need the republican party. Be much better off if the democrats win big and then factions of greener parties replace the GOP.

Saying something happened to the two parties is bull. GOP is corrupt to their core value; greed.

What next ... are you going to say, "the Dems are greedy too. Wahhhh stop saying they are different. They are the same."

no more do overs. F the GOP
Old 08-11-2022, 11:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quoting you now allows you to play stupid, apparently.

We don't need the republican party. Be much better off if the democrats win big and then factions of greener parties replace the GOP.

Saying something happened to the two parties is bull. GOP is corrupt to their core value; greed.

What next ... are you going to say, "the Dems are greedy too. Wahhhh stop saying they are different. They are the same."

no more do overs.
lol, k.

Old 08-11-2022, 11:33 PM
Sarnak

trump loyalists starting to look even more unhinged, somehow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-11-2022, 11:33 PM
Planar Protector

Do they all say "lol k" now when confronted with the ridiculousness of their statements or maybe I'm too busy laughing at the trailer trash yelling it's time to water the tree of liberty because a reality television grifter is getting indicted.
Closed Thread