Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-03-2022, 08:48 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default windows 11 bug?

reinstalled since getting upgraded to windows 11 and I get this issue

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://imgur.com/a/pMJxsCx

I can just drag the error off to the corner the game seems to run fine but if i close the error it closes the game. any idea whats up?

Edit: it turns out zoning crashes the game anyway.
Last edited by brockchancy; 08-03-2022 at 09:16 PM..
Old 08-09-2022, 07:46 AM
Large Bat

They say that this is the worst Microsoft operating system of all that came out.
Old 08-09-2022, 02:41 PM
Sarnak

Was coming here for this exact issue. Typically happens after about an hour; sometimes happens after only 15 minutes. I've tried adding exceptions to the antivirus, re-installing windows, moving the folder off my SSD and onto the NvME I've got windows installed on, turning on windows service packs, etc. I even tried that voodoo thing everyone keeps recommending, but it tells me to remove two of the .dll's after installing.

Has anyone had any luck with anything?
Old 08-10-2022, 07:15 PM
Large Rat

also getting this issue
Old 08-13-2022, 12:27 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Same issue.
Old 08-18-2022, 04:13 PM
Kobold

I've had this same issue for about a month, since I got a new PC with windows 11.. Sometimes it takes 30mins for it to pop up, sometimes it happens at character select..
I've tried just about everything to find a solution with no luck but it is getting very old.. anytime I want to zone I have to log back in and wait till it kicks my toon off or the best is when I'm in the middle of typing and the error pops up, if you hit any key when the error is selected it counts as hitting enter and it kicks you off. So I'll just be typing and EQ exists itself.
Old 08-18-2022, 04:37 PM
Aviak

Hey folks, for those struggling with this issue, it seems to be resolved by downloading DGVoodoo2 files from http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/bin/dgVoodoo2_79_2.zip

You can just google it as well. There's a bit of reading for the setup, but the gist is, open the zip, navigate to the MS folder, then x86, whether you're running a 64 bit OS or 32, since EQ is a 32 bit app, it's always x86, and extract the 4 files to your EQ folder.

That's it. If you want to tweak some settings, you can extract the Cpl folder, the Doc folder, and the 3 other files to a folder called DGVoodoo Control Panel or whatever you want to call it, then run the dgVoodooCpl file.

Hope this helps. It helped me. GL, HF!
Old 08-18-2022, 10:32 PM
Large Rat

https://www.reddit.com/r/project1999..._easy_install/

Followed this and seems to have resolved my issues. Every other zone or 10-15 minutes I would either get the memory error, hard crash eqgame.exe or just freeze.

Roughly an hour now since I applied the fix and I have yet to experience an issue.

Win 11 x64
i7
64GB ram
RTX 2070 Super
Old 08-19-2022, 05:40 AM
Sarnak

Left the game on overnight while I slept, and can confirm this worked for me as well, just not with WinEQ. If you want to play windowed, go into the install folder and find "eqclient". Change "WindowedMode=FALSE" to "WindowedMode=TRUE", then under [Video Mode], change the resolution to whatever you want it to be on all the settings.

Happy hunting, friends.
Old 08-19-2022, 09:04 AM
Large Rat

Correct - I do not have WinEQ installed - never worked correctly for me.

Running in windowed, matching resolution tp desktop minus roughly 30 on the Y to allow for title bar and sizing.