Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 06-21-2022, 10:06 AM
VIP / Contributor

Default Red -> Blue one way transfer?

Serious question, btw.

On EQLive, they allowed in-era one way transfers from PVP servers to blue servers. This meant that there is precedent to do this. This would not include Blue -> Red transfers, as in the original vision, that was not something that was acceptable (level up in blue, transfer to a red server risk-free was considered out of scope.)

I have a 55 epic'd rogue I'd actually love to play again - even if on blue - but unfortunately, it's stuck on Red which has very little chance of ever seeing activity again.

Is that something the P99 staff would entertain at some point in the future? Given that the idea is technically within The Vision, I figured I would ask.

<3,
Secrets

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 06-21-2022, 10:35 AM
Fire Giant

Tell them to make a new pvp server
Old 06-21-2022, 10:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Serious question, btw.

On EQLive, they allowed in-era one way transfers from PVP servers to blue servers. This meant that there is precedent to do this. This would not include Blue -> Red transfers, as in the original vision, that was not something that was acceptable (level up in blue, transfer to a red server risk-free was considered out of scope.)

I have a 55 epic'd rogue I'd actually love to play again - even if on blue - but unfortunately, it's stuck on Red which has very little chance of ever seeing activity again.

Is that something the P99 staff would entertain at some point in the future? Given that the idea is technically within The Vision, I figured I would ask.

<3,
Secrets
This would be cool. I think I still have my 50 something wizard on Red collecting dust. I see no reason not to do this. Red is kind of a lost cause in it's current state unfortunately so why not?

Edit: The only good argument I can see against this is taking up staff time in processing transfers. But I imagine most of this could be automated/scripted without too much hassle?
Last edited by PlsNoBan; 06-21-2022 at 10:59 AM..
Old 06-21-2022, 01:53 PM
Aviak

I'm curious how much the Red server actually costs to keep running? Considering the small population, not much (apparently Red runs on VMs as opposed to Blue/Green).

But unless Roegan decides to try and reduce costs (recession is coming!), I don't see the motivation to do this. More than likely, something like this comes in in the form of dumping every Red character on Blue, and shutting down the server.
Old 06-21-2022, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

I think a red to blue voluntary transfer would be rational, as it is a classic occurance.

But I think if the staff put a nail in the coffin by saying “never a new pvp server” some more people might play red 1.0 for shits and giggles, though it would never be healthy again it might get some activity.

Im in favor of it. I wouldnt transfer gustoo but maybe a couple other characters that I’ll never play on red.

Even better would be a red 2 announce which would make red 1 pop happy right away because 1 they get to progression again, and 2, eventually all their pixels on red 1 get merged with 2 and they can have more players to interact with.

I’m in favor of p99 team doing -anything- about red even if it’s to provide an escape chute for retired players to join the living world.

I wouldnt take it though.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 06-21-2022, 03:49 PM
Fire Giant

That's a really good idea, I'm sure people would love to get to use their 60 red toons etc instead of them just rotting away on a dead server /nod
Old 06-21-2022, 04:06 PM
Banned

Great idea.
Old 06-21-2022, 05:58 PM
Aviak

Make it a one time thing like they did when Teal broke off from Green. Give everyone a date when they need to decide and make that decision final.
Old 06-22-2022, 12:14 PM
Sarnak

Would be cool. Any type of update would be nice. Staff won’t do it though cause they hate red folk. I’ve officially given up hope.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 06-22-2022, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Edit: The only good argument I can see against this is taking up staff time in processing transfers. But I imagine most of this could be automated/scripted without too much hassle?
This was already done when they did Green to Teal transfers and they setup an in-game command for a one way transfer. It was smooth and seamless, could immediately login to the new server after using the command