Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 06-04-2022, 04:56 AM
Sarnak

Default Green Self Found Warrior (Troll)

Any weapons you guys know about that I can quest for as I level up?

Right now I'm wearing full banded and a 2h sword I've crafted.
Old 06-04-2022, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Buy a Staff of Battle

literally all you need until you can afford some decent aggro proc weapons
Old 06-04-2022, 04:56 PM
Fire Giant

Nothing worthwhile likely. If you weren't a troll, the langseax quests would be probably best available to you for a while.
Maybe camp a PGT.
I'm not sure how troll faction affects it,but the wakazashi of the frozen skies quest is very doable around lvl 25,but you'll struggle without someone to track the mobs for you.
Last edited by PatChapp; 06-04-2022 at 05:00 PM..
Old 06-05-2022, 01:35 AM
Aviak

Could you give some more information on what level you are now, and if you're using gear from all expansions, or just classic content?

Early on, you could consider saving up some platinum after farming raw cash somewhere for awhile, making the run to Thurgadin, and buying some Coldain Velium weapons from vendors (slightly better than Combine weapons, plus has a small proc). You can pick up Deluxe Toolboxes for your bank while you're in Iceclad, also.

At mid levels, Grazhak the Berserker in Rathe Mountains drops an Axe of the Slayers, which is a very serviceable weapon for warriors, but is a camp that requires patience and time.

I would also recommend picking up weapons from the post-revamp Runnyeye if possible. Blackened Alloy weapons are extremely good for the level of enemy they drop off of.

Later on, you can go to Great Divide and hunt for Drakkel Icereaver/Icegrinder from the frost giants, but it may be better to do some Kael quests first before ruining your giant faction.
Old 06-05-2022, 10:23 AM
Sarnak

https://wiki.project1999.com/Iksar_Berserker_Club
Old 06-05-2022, 08:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loserofgame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could you give some more information on what level you are now, and if you're using gear from all expansions, or just classic content?

Early on, you could consider saving up some platinum after farming raw cash somewhere for awhile, making the run to Thurgadin, and buying some Coldain Velium weapons from vendors (slightly better than Combine weapons, plus has a small proc). You can pick up Deluxe Toolboxes for your bank while you're in Iceclad, also.

At mid levels, Grazhak the Berserker in Rathe Mountains drops an Axe of the Slayers, which is a very serviceable weapon for warriors, but is a camp that requires patience and time.

I would also recommend picking up weapons from the post-revamp Runnyeye if possible. Blackened Alloy weapons are extremely good for the level of enemy they drop off of.

Later on, you can go to Great Divide and hunt for Drakkel Icereaver/Icegrinder from the frost giants, but it may be better to do some Kael quests first before ruining your giant faction.

Well I goofed originally and made my warrior a Troll / Rallos warrior with Blacksmithing to 115.

The plan was to make cultural armor, but Ogres can only make that armor, so I made an ogre alt, got their black smithing to 115, and reroleld my warrior to CT since later in the future i wanted to play a shaman and sk (troll) and figured, I could level up blacksmithing and do the cultural armor for all three.

So right now, my Warrior follows CT, and is level 10.
Old 06-06-2022, 01:13 AM
Aviak

Banded is serviceable armor for a fairly long time. Depending on how picky you are about gear upgrades, you can even rock mostly banded to 50 or so, and then go wandering around looking for quests, etc. to upgrade with.

At level 10, consider saving up a couple hundred plat (since you raised your own blacksmithing by level 10, you probably know some money spots) and make the run to Thurgadin (bring cloudy potions for invis) to get these starter weapons:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Coldain_Velium_Scimitar
https://wiki.project1999.com/Coldain_Velium_Rapier

The Coldain Velium weapons are vendor purchaseable and, like Combine weapons, are magical, so they hit targets like wisps and ghouls.

After that, yes, absolutely make the trip to Kurn's Tower and get an Iksar Berserker Club like someone else mentioned.

Depending on if you're soloing your self-found challenge or not, getting into groups where there are useful upgrades can go a long way towards fitting out a full set of gear.
Old 06-06-2022, 03:10 AM
Planar Protector

Put some training points into archery (or level it up a bit), fill up like 5 bags of arrows, get someone in Everfrost to sow you and bow kite Karg Icebear for a Gigantic Zweihander (18/39 2H). I did it at level 20 on green with 2 bags of arrows and no sow (20 minutes of strafe running and jump shotting sucked). Can do the same in steamfont for the minotaur for hero bracer, though as an ogre/troll, im pretty sure you can't wear it.

Might be some other quests that involve killing that a self-found character can bow kite much earlier than you would typically be able to kill something for a nice power boost.

Also, PGT from Highpass is really good at low levels. In the teens, the proc will absorb a hit from a lot of mobs and helps mitigation a lot for soloing. Could probably get a duo or trio to kill it around level 15, or solo closer to 20.
Last edited by Tethler; 06-06-2022 at 03:14 AM..
Old 06-08-2022, 08:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Put some training points into archery (or level it up a bit), fill up like 5 bags of arrows, get someone in Everfrost to sow you and bow kite Karg Icebear for a Gigantic Zweihander (18/39 2H). I did it at level 20 on green with 2 bags of arrows and no sow (20 minutes of strafe running and jump shotting sucked). Can do the same in steamfont for the minotaur for hero bracer, though as an ogre/troll, im pretty sure you can't wear it.

Might be some other quests that involve killing that a self-found character can bow kite much earlier than you would typically be able to kill something for a nice power boost.

Also, PGT from Highpass is really good at low levels. In the teens, the proc will absorb a hit from a lot of mobs and helps mitigation a lot for soloing. Could probably get a duo or trio to kill it around level 15, or solo closer to 20.
Dang... that's smart as hell
Old 06-09-2022, 02:34 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dang... that's smart as hell
If you plan on doing some bow kiting (very wise choice for self-found large race warrior), equip the slowest weapon you can find in your primary weapon slot. Rusty Halberd is an easy-to-find option, but eventually you will want a Weighted Axe.