Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 03-13-2022, 12:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Healing aggro is discussed here.

"Yes, healing is one for one, *however*-
Healing requires an intelligence check on the part of the mob to notice it at all.
"(Note that some mobs are coded to have a hate modifier regarding heals, but these inconsistent in the game world and not something you normally need to worry about)" was written for tanks- obviously, it is more pertinent for priests.
Some mob types are less likely to notice a heal- this includes golems, clockwork, and undead.
The easiest way to demonstrate this is to watch your "in/out of combat" box. Even with zero Spell Casting Subtlety, sometimes, you will not be put in combat for casting a heal. This was because the mob didn't notice you.
Group heals are far more likely to be noticed, and generate more hate in general, because it forces a check for every person or pet that it hits, which can be anything from one (if you're using it while soloing for some reason or other), up to twelve (if you have a full group with pets) or more. Splash has a fixed hate amount so that you don't implode using it, but it too, is near impossible to stay off aggro using, due to the number of checks."

Of course, the most non-classic aggro mechanic on p99 is w/r/t Undead. On live classic, undead attacked the closest person. Period.
This is part of what we know is missing on P99. Mob specific modifiers. I found the same when investigating Charm. Undead had higher MR and seemingly so did other "random" mobs. There is a bug report right now about how almost no Iksar mobs can be charmed which is still confirmed on live. There was seemingly a ton of nuance within mob types that almost no one really knew about on live and is definitely not present on P99. Mob specific aggro differences also fits. A lot of this dynamic stuff is what made the game shine.
Old 03-13-2022, 12:20 PM
Banned

Is there a way to help the ppl in this thread feel better? /\
Old 03-13-2022, 02:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a way to help the ppl in this thread feel better? /\
Your refreshing shit posting helps a lot, thanks. It breathes a bit of life into these dead forums and reminds me of the RNF glory days.
Old 03-13-2022, 02:32 PM
Large Rat

It is this, ALL of this, right here that I've honestly decided to just give Wow another go. I mean, let that sink in for a second. WOW FFS. All of you should be ashamed of yourselves. A. For caring waaaay too much about a game. B. For caring waaaay too little about the small number of other people that enjoy the same thing as you. and C. For being such shitty human beings. It has become the norm that if you can't win, cheat. If others complain then cut them down and act like you're somehow better? You all make me vomit in my mouth a little bit when I read threads like this.
To the rest of you that just play the game and don't participate in this fuckery, I wish you the best. Keep being good people and let tunare be with you in getting ANY good end game gear. You guys make the awesome part of this game, well, awesome. I'm sure I'll be back, I always come back, and I'm equally as sure this same garbage will still be going on when I return. Just wanted to let some people know they leave a fucking vomit film in my mouth.
Old 03-13-2022, 03:26 PM
Banned

haha ur v angery
Old 03-13-2022, 04:35 PM
Aviak

"Bonus exploits: Bard circles, conceding mobs you competed for after they are stable in the other guild's camp, and weaponizing Vulak blocker concessions... ...This is not related to the immediate issue that the cheating and /random roll is trying to address, but I felt like I had to say it. What the fuck is going on here with this. Bards running perfect circles monopolizing camps with negligible amounts of risk to powerlevel alts and bots through the most arduous part of the leveling process?..."

It is very difficult to automate the bard circles - a small downspike in fps results in drastically increased turn speed and will result in the script face planting into the train. If someone has a perfect bard script, it's not nearly as simple as the other scripts that you're discussing.

furthermore we used to run these trains of giant pulls in dreadlands back in 2001 selling powerlevels on brell.
Old 03-13-2022, 05:54 PM
Kobold

[QUOTE=Roadrash;3434625]It is this, ALL of this, right here that I've honestly decided to just give Wow another go. I mean, let that sink in for a second. WOW FFS. All of you should be ashamed of yourselves. A. For caring waaaay too much about a game. B. For caring waaaay too little about the small number of other people that enjoy the same thing as you. and C. For being such shitty human beings. It has become the norm that if you can't win, cheat. If others complain then cut them down and act like you're somehow better? You all make me vomit in my mouth a little bit when I read threads like this.
To the rest of you that just play the game and don't participate in this fuckery, I wish you the best. Keep being good people and let tunare be with you in getting ANY good end game gear. You guys make the awesome part of this game, well, awesome. I'm sure I'll be back, I always come back, and I'm equally as sure this same garbage will still be going on when I return. Just wanted to let some people know they leave a fucking vomit film in my mouth.[/QUOTE

~applauds~
Old 03-13-2022, 06:39 PM
Banned

Red face

Bracket fail [ ... ] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] oof
Old 03-13-2022, 06:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bracket fail [ ... ] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] oof
You have 5k + posts since april 21
NOW that's embarrassing!
Old 03-13-2022, 07:35 PM
Orc

Does anyone have a copy of the new animal crossing?