Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2021, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

Ahh, now I'm properly caffeinated. Some other fun bugs/glitches/exploits.

The old pulling your phone/ethernet cord out of the modem and using it to bypass doors was a pretty well known one, but most people didn't appreciate the true usefulness of this trick. You could use it to entirely bypass rooms filled with mobs you couldn't or didn't want to deal with and just plug the modem back in when you walked through the areas.

Getting past locked doors want that hard anyway. There were tons of ways you could do that: aggro a mob on the other side of the door or you could aggro a mob and pull it near the door on the side you are stuck on and you could often get it to open the door as well if you could get it close enough to the door. If you had the fear spell you could often fear yourself through the door, too, though that waa pretty dangerous a lot of places. You could use the illusion cancelling trick to get through all doors. It probably still works on p99 as I don't think they ever fixed it. Anyone with a guise of the deceiver or could do it.. Actually that's not true and its a funny aside. Dark elves couldn't use the illusion cancelling trick to bypass doors via the guise. LOL. Man were dark elves ever fucked over back in vanilla, eh?

One cool trick was to send mobs in zone a /tell. If you sent them a tell and they were in the zone you would actually send them a tell. So you could use it to check for named mob spawns. You needed to know the exact mob name to send the tell correctly but that name was rarely ever te name they had over their head, but it was easy enough to find by trying to trade the mob in question an item from far away. it would then tell you that soandso was too far away, and this message would contain the exact proper name you need to correctly send the tell.

The old dueling to replenish your mana was a fun one that worked for a decent while. Was a great trick for a duo of druid/wizards quad kiting stuff. Burn up all your mana and then you kill each other while bound nearby to get all your mana back then you are right back to quad kiting instead of medding for 10 mins.

They eventually sort of nerfed it You no longer would send them a message, however it wasn't a complete nerf because when you send the tell you would NOT get an error. If ou get an error player cannot be found the mob wasnt up, and if it was up it wouldn't say anything. Nice try verant but big F.
Old 04-22-2021, 08:54 PM
Banned

i remember a GM on live summoning manastones for the promise of elf tiddies
(LOL)
Old 04-22-2021, 09:24 PM
Aviak

most of the good ones are mentioned, but:

-the great fish fillet cooking bonanza to print money in the early days of Sullon Zek that caused the servers to come down for a hotfix.
-looting weapons off of players who went LD on Rallos Zek after they changed it so you couldn't loot player weapons.
Old 04-22-2021, 09:47 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ok
I’ll explain to you very quickly how it worked at a location that was fixed, since I want to have frwiends and not enemies.

In the high side of echo caverns, there is a room to the right, and then another room beyond that: the back wall recedes beyond the zone line in one corner. You could stand up on the Boulder in the corner and the bugs would just sit there.

I don’t know if they pulled the zone line back a few feet or took the script out of the bugs there or how they fixed it but it still works in a few other places from when I was playing on aradune tlp a few weeks ago. The spot needs to recede behind the zone line and have a certain lateral difference between you and the mob.

Remember that zone lines arnt just where the tunnel is they stretch the entire zone: think Karanas, ro & oasis and commons.
Old 04-22-2021, 10:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i remember a GM on live summoning manastones for the promise of elf tiddies
(LOL)
Which GM?
Old 04-22-2021, 10:40 PM
Kobold

i remember using illusions to get through locked doors.
Ielwenu - 56 magician
Deeloofie - 49 monk
Old 04-22-2021, 10:42 PM
Aviak

Lol smooth
Old 04-22-2021, 11:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which GM?
Sirken did something like that.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Old 04-22-2021, 11:45 PM
Planar Protector

I accidentally duped my items once by dying just as the world went down for patching. I was around level 10 and playing a wizard. I figured I could kill whatever mob I was fighting before the shutdown timer expired. I was wrong, and it killed me. After the servers came back up I logged in at my bind point with all my items. I figured it had just reloaded the last <Charname Saved> point, but when I ran back to EC by inn 3 I saw my corpse lying there so I looted it. I was so excited to suddenly have TWO greater lightstones and more bags.

I /petitioned about it but never heard anything and never tried to reproduce it again. Oh well.

-Mcoy
Old 04-23-2021, 12:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I accidentally duped my items once by dying just as the world went down for patching. I was around level 10 and playing a wizard. I figured I could kill whatever mob I was fighting before the shutdown timer expired. I was wrong, and it killed me. After the servers came back up I logged in at my bind point with all my items. I figured it had just reloaded the last <Charname Saved> point, but when I ran back to EC by inn 3 I saw my corpse lying there so I looted it. I was so excited to suddenly have TWO greater lightstones and more bags.

I /petitioned about it but never heard anything and never tried to reproduce it again. Oh well.

-Mcoy
b& 4 share dupe exploit poblikly
Closed Thread