Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2021, 12:46 AM
Sarnak

This is awesome, forget the server first achievements, this is quite the journey!

Now SSF rogue? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 04-13-2021, 12:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loserofgame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am wearing crafted gauntlets, arms and legs. I tried to make a go at crafted breastplate but it was too difficult to sneak into Mistmoore Castle, even with levitate. I didn't opt to try for the other pieces. Because my base STR is so low as a Dark Elf, I had to prioritize strength gear and low weight - hence the Topknot Headband, Bracers of Erollisi and Hero Bracers. I spent a long time (2+ months) leveling in South Karana and managed to kill three Quillmanes (and died once to one), one of which had the Pegasus Feather Cloak. Most importantly for the build was the Axe of the Slayers and the Mithril Plated Girth (a five-week camp for me) from Grazhak the Berserker in Rathe Mountains and a Runed Oak Bow from SK for kiting, which became essential in the later levels after I could no longer stand toe-to-toe with mobs that gave exp.
Yeah, the axe (and PGT) helped a lot I imagine. That rune effect makes a big difference! Awesome luck on the peggy cloak too! Do you plan to retire the character, or do you have any other solo challenges in mind for the future?
Old 04-13-2021, 01:34 AM
Planar Protector

This is really cool. Awesome job
Old 04-13-2021, 01:45 AM
Aviak

Ytinas tells you, "inc a_wall_of_text_01"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd be interested to see a level-by-level account of your journey there. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm very impressed by this. You are a credit to the Indigo Brotherhood and to our Lord Innoruuk!
Much hate was spread in the name of Lord Innoruuk.

I'll do my best to recall level-by-level, might have a few of the spots a bit wrong since I'm going from memory.

1-3 Note for Janam / Note for Rebby over and over until I got my faction high enough to use the merchants appropriately and to boost Freeport Militia faction, which is important as I continuously damage it for the first 20 levels.
4 All the decaying skeletons, to start building cash and collecting bone chips to turn in to Xelha later on.
5-8 Orc Centurion and a wolf in East Freeport. Collect belts and wolf meat to run to Grobb to turn in. This got me to 9 or so, and had me gain enough money to start building Blacksmithing high enough to make myself Forged weapons (approximate to Fine Steel).
9-11 (approx.) I foolishly thought I could make good platinum by converting Zombie Skins into Poison Vials and I killed way too many zombies in Nektulos Forest near the EC zone. This does not work, and poison vials vendor for almost nothing. But, I did level Pottery to 125 in case I ever decide to use this Warrior in Velious...
12-20 Orc Centurions and Orc Legionnaires in West Commons. I started with the roamers, and moved to the camp eventually. Each time I went to WC I would bring stacks of Bottle of Milk to give to Mojax Hikspin until I was non-KOS with Priests of Marr and Steel Warriors so I could do Paladin Message for Prayer Beads (emergency heal #1) and later on had faction to not die to the Hero Bracers quest turnin in Qeynos. Doing this messed up my Militia Faction, so I often had to spam more Note for Rebby/Janam to avoid being KOS. Saved up belts for more trips to Grobb. Saved the pads for Linadian's Orc Vest quest (able to do with Hide). Still KOS to good elves though.
20-25 After a side trip to NRO to get my first good weapon, a Dragoon Dirk (took a few tries...), went to Highpass to try and boost reputation with Highpass Guards. Highpass orcs were too nasty of a solo camp, so I opted for the safer but less lucrative Shralok Orcs in Kithicor. I killed these until they were worth little to no exp by the time I conned dubious to Highpass guards. Then I went and camped a PGT and a Cracked Darkwood Shield. I also survived my only PvP damage of the entire challenge - a nuke from Guide Blistig as the price for giving me my surname, which I accepted. He offered to heal me afterward - I declined.
25-26 Gorge of King Xorbb minotaurs.
26-30 Runnyeye, dazed goblin guards. Initially there was a bug where some of these would con indifferent and not social other goblins. After the fix, it is still possible to solo pull some of them, but much more challenging. Borxx is also dangerous and annoying. These fights were tough - sometimes I had to run just because the goblins were enchanter buffed to the gills by Borxx and other evil eyes. Fighting here capped out my Guardians of the Vale faction, so I could (with the help of a few bagfuls of bandages) become one with The Wall for a free Squad Ring (emergency heal #2) every so often. No recharging it though - clerics hate me and I hate them back.
31-34 Rathe Mountains, the 6 minute giant skeleton. During this time, I started to work on archery enough to bow kite Grazhak the Berserker, and began to camp him. Probably the longest stretch without leveling when I camped the axe and belt.
35-37 South Karana and Splitpaw, Tesch Mas Gnolls. Didn't have faction to make use of the scrolls, but I started to kill in the dungeon so I could get positive faction with Guards of Qeynos. Very important for later.
38-43 South Karana, 6 minute aviak avocet near the centaur camp. I spent well over a month just at this one camp, which is near a Quillmane spawn point. I got lucky with Quillmane, although the first time I tried to solo him, I lost and had a salt-filled corpse run from Nektulos Forest. I also made sure to camp Kroldir Thunderhoof for a Runed Oak Bow here - essential for the next levels which all involved bow kiting (no sow, no jboots, just aching fingers and worn out strafe keys).
43-48 Hill Giants in EK, using the reverse kite strategy. This is much, much harder to do on a warrior than other classes, where you can just kite into the guards, root/snare/aggro spells to control HP, and have fun. I learned to count bow shots to determine aggro amounts, and jousted while the HG and the guard fought each other to make sure the HG won with the lowest HP possible. I've practiced this technique for years and years when I played my rangers, but it was still very tricky at times.
48-49 HG's in EK green out too badly at 48 to continue and the other reverse kite options (NK, WK) are too spread out to do without tracking and speed. The last two levels were the worst. I opted to kill Tarn Bearcrusher in EFP due to him being uncamped (he drops nothing) and the safety of the zone (no one assists him). I tried him at 43, 44, 46, 47, and 48 and he still would beat me 30% of the time. I had to bow kite a lot. The levi cloak helped a lot with this to make pulls short and safe.
49-50 Tarn Bearcrusher greens out too badly at 49, so I needed alternate options for the last level. I tried Kanthurn in Lake Rathe, but when he flees in the water, he bugs out and resets 80% of the time. I settled on Bouncer Hurd/Flerb in Feerrott, even though they were quite camped. I needed to bow kite these at least partially for 100% of kills, which meant many trips to Grobb (Oggok KOS after killing) for more arrows. I think about 80% of the effort of the last level was strafe run bow kiting, which is the worst kind of bow kiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is awesome, forget the server first achievements, this is quite the journey!

Now SSF rogue? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like it would be easier due to sneak/hide, backstab jousting and poisons, albeit more tedious. I did consider this, but I felt that warrior would be harder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, the axe (and PGT) helped a lot I imagine. That rune effect makes a big difference! Awesome luck on the peggy cloak too! Do you plan to retire the character, or do you have any other solo challenges in mind for the future?
The character is now retired. For solo challenges, I will likely return to my SSF 60 Ranger on Blue server, who is at 199 Tailoring solo (I farmed all mats, but I did get some help with enchanting vials) and I would like to get him to 215+ so I can be the ALS guild tailor and make myself Tigerraptor armor pieces. On Green, I've started a non-challenge cleric so I can experience a little bit more of the 'regular' game experience.
Last edited by loserofgame; 04-13-2021 at 02:08 AM..
Old 04-13-2021, 04:48 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by loserofgame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had a few people ask me to make a forum thread about my latest solo challenge, so I decided to do a quick write-up here.
Congrats on the impressive achievement.

Thanks for doing a write-up on it.
Old 04-13-2021, 05:34 AM
Fire Giant

Wow this is great. I was thinking about doing something like this but not as hard.
Old 04-13-2021, 05:41 AM
Fire Giant

I wonder how far someone could go with self solo/self twink, starting with necro, but you can drop transfer to other characters, and see how max you can get every class.

The best would be to see if someone could twink a shaman that way at 60.
Old 04-13-2021, 05:46 AM
Fire Giant

That sounds like an awesome journey. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I might end up following in your footsteps one day when/if I want to level a warrior and want to solo at times.
Old 04-13-2021, 07:12 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Definitely more interesting and impressive than hoarding 1k gnoll scrolls.
Jesus, this again. Sorry you had to kill stuff to level.
Old 04-13-2021, 07:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Definitely more interesting and impressive than hoarding 1k gnoll scrolls.
Closed Thread