Sarnak

I will not give up until I get an answer
Old 08-26-2020, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

This dude in 2020 be like wtb a timesink
Old 08-26-2020, 10:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
anyone know who compulsion is? or did he get arrested by unrest county sheriff
I posted that as a favor to the OP, who I know actually played this box since its near inception, and should get a reminder of why it never went anywhere as a PvP game.

Within 4 months of release it was down to under 60 players at prime and essentially dead. Incessant whining got the xp penalty from PvP removed and an xp bonus in, so we got an influx of people who didn't have the patience for blue and could just grab an invite to whatever PvE Union made up 85% of the server at the time.

Ditch the rose colored glasses, the great dream of hitting 135 at peak isn't even worth the effort. Red isn't EQ PvP, its a custom ruleset box just like any random Zek server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy/sickpuppy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will not give up until I get an answer
I'll give you a Crowfall beta key if you want to try a full item loot PvP game.
Old 08-27-2020, 01:13 PM
Sarnak

Nah I’m good bro thanks anyway .im just going to wait it out
Old 08-30-2020, 04:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by compulsion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Within 4 months of release it was down to under 60 players at prime and essentially dead. Incessant whining got the xp penalty from PvP removed and an xp bonus in, so we got an influx of people who didn't have the patience for blue and could just grab an invite to whatever PvE Union made up 85% of the server at the time.

Ditch the rose colored glasses, the great dream of hitting 135 at peak isn't even worth the effort. Red isn't EQ PvP, its a custom ruleset box just like any random Zek server.
"Red has always sucked" says the guy stalking red forum in 2020.
Old 08-30-2020, 05:50 PM
Sarnak

Red99 has its ups and downs . I love to relive the classic experience pvpin in cloth with rusty weps . Is what I live for
Old 08-31-2020, 12:24 PM
Sarnak

I would love to see Red rebuilt, but with updated PvP ruleset to match all of the exploits that we have seen for 20+ years with PvP.

That means no level 40 casting CH on his level 50 friends and no level 50 casting buffs on a level 1. So no pleveling alts who slaughter players their level. Perhaps make items have a minimum level 5 levels under the mob that drops the item.

For PvE, these problems don't really effect the server, but on PvP, overpowered alts are what keep the server from maintaining its population. We all know this is true, and it's why we rush to 50 ASAP.
Old 08-31-2020, 12:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would love to see Red rebuilt, but with updated PvP ruleset to match all of the exploits that we have seen for 20+ years with PvP.

That means no level 40 casting CH on his level 50 friends and no level 50 casting buffs on a level 1. So no pleveling alts who slaughter players their level. Perhaps make items have a minimum level 5 levels under the mob that drops the item.

For PvE, these problems don't really effect the server, but on PvP, overpowered alts are what keep the server from maintaining its population. We all know this is true, and it's why we rush to 50 ASAP.
Go back to blue
Old 08-31-2020, 01:38 PM
Fire Giant

Rogean pls
Closed Thread