Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-22-2020, 03:07 PM
Krazy/sickpuppy Krazy/sickpuppy is offline
Kobold


Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 188
Default

Weekend bump
  #22  
Old 08-26-2020, 01:56 PM
Krazy/sickpuppy Krazy/sickpuppy is offline
Kobold


Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 188
Default

I will not give up until I get an answer
  #23  
Old 08-26-2020, 07:57 PM
Tassador Tassador is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,837
Default

This dude in 2020 be like wtb a timesink
  #24  
Old 08-26-2020, 10:28 PM
compulsion compulsion is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
anyone know who compulsion is? or did he get arrested by unrest county sheriff
I posted that as a favor to the OP, who I know actually played this box since its near inception, and should get a reminder of why it never went anywhere as a PvP game.

Within 4 months of release it was down to under 60 players at prime and essentially dead. Incessant whining got the xp penalty from PvP removed and an xp bonus in, so we got an influx of people who didn't have the patience for blue and could just grab an invite to whatever PvE Union made up 85% of the server at the time.

Ditch the rose colored glasses, the great dream of hitting 135 at peak isn't even worth the effort. Red isn't EQ PvP, its a custom ruleset box just like any random Zek server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy/sickpuppy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will not give up until I get an answer
I'll give you a Crowfall beta key if you want to try a full item loot PvP game.
  #25  
Old 08-27-2020, 01:13 PM
Krazy/sickpuppy Krazy/sickpuppy is offline
Kobold


Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 188
Default

Nah I’m good bro thanks anyway .im just going to wait it out
  #26  
Old 08-30-2020, 04:57 PM
TehHobbit TehHobbit is offline
Kobold


Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by compulsion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Within 4 months of release it was down to under 60 players at prime and essentially dead. Incessant whining got the xp penalty from PvP removed and an xp bonus in, so we got an influx of people who didn't have the patience for blue and could just grab an invite to whatever PvE Union made up 85% of the server at the time.

Ditch the rose colored glasses, the great dream of hitting 135 at peak isn't even worth the effort. Red isn't EQ PvP, its a custom ruleset box just like any random Zek server.
"Red has always sucked" says the guy stalking red forum in 2020.
  #27  
Old 08-30-2020, 05:50 PM
Krazy/sickpuppy Krazy/sickpuppy is offline
Kobold


Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 188
Default

Red99 has its ups and downs . I love to relive the classic experience pvpin in cloth with rusty weps . Is what I live for
  #28  
Old 08-31-2020, 12:24 PM
Albane Albane is offline
Sarnak

Albane's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 358
Default

I would love to see Red rebuilt, but with updated PvP ruleset to match all of the exploits that we have seen for 20+ years with PvP.

That means no level 40 casting CH on his level 50 friends and no level 50 casting buffs on a level 1. So no pleveling alts who slaughter players their level. Perhaps make items have a minimum level 5 levels under the mob that drops the item.

For PvE, these problems don't really effect the server, but on PvP, overpowered alts are what keep the server from maintaining its population. We all know this is true, and it's why we rush to 50 ASAP.
  #29  
Old 08-31-2020, 12:50 PM
Krazy/sickpuppy Krazy/sickpuppy is offline
Kobold


Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would love to see Red rebuilt, but with updated PvP ruleset to match all of the exploits that we have seen for 20+ years with PvP.

That means no level 40 casting CH on his level 50 friends and no level 50 casting buffs on a level 1. So no pleveling alts who slaughter players their level. Perhaps make items have a minimum level 5 levels under the mob that drops the item.

For PvE, these problems don't really effect the server, but on PvP, overpowered alts are what keep the server from maintaining its population. We all know this is true, and it's why we rush to 50 ASAP.
Go back to blue
  #30  
Old 08-31-2020, 01:38 PM
Danger Danger is offline
Fire Giant

Danger's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 628
Default

Rogean pls
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:02 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.