Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How does oasis spectres or feerrott ones work can I claim 1 specifically?
Technically (as I understand it) yes: each interested party can claim one spawn point, the remainder are FTE.

Of course, in such situations I'm sure the GMs would encourage you to instead split the mobs up peacefully in some way, and personally I've seen people split specs up multiple different ways (informally just grabbing them, when neither can take all seven in Oasis, one person takes tower one takes outside, etc.).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-28-2020, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gnome necro full of attitude
Is it just me...or is it always necromancers that end up in camp disputes?
Old 04-28-2020, 03:44 PM
Fire Giant

At some point in the past I could have sworn i had seen something saying if the camp holder hadn't engaged within 5 minutes of the spawn then it could be taken over. However I cannot find that now.
Rustymule - EC trader

RED
Node Red - [ANONYMOUS]
Chun Li - [ANONYMOUS]
Old 04-28-2020, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Someone create a decision tree for this.

Code:
Indoor or outdoor?

Have you announced in OOC you wish to contest/claim the camp?

Are the mobs dead?
Decision tree something like this. Someone with the skillz to do so.

Who is our hero?

Bonus points for links to relevant rules/posts/wiki for each decision/node.

Can I offer plat for this or is that RMT?

<3
Old 04-28-2020, 07:24 PM
Banned

on red when this happens we just kill eachother
Old 04-28-2020, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it just me...or is it always necromancers that end up in camp disputes?
I always feel like gnome mages are more evil than gnome necros in my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
on red when this happens we just kill eachother
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h2-l68CTmY
Old 04-29-2020, 08:06 PM
Kobold

Default Rules

This is exhausting because there is high probability that you saw the guy leave for a few minutes and greedily devoured the first opportunity to take what wasn’t yours and spin a beautiful tale instead of being respectful and just asking via tell. There is no way to know.
Old 04-30-2020, 12:32 PM
Sarnak

This servers camp rules are bullshit and force players to solo single camps instead of grouping to take multiple camps. It makes the game much less fun and puts a lot of classes out of luck for finding groups.

A group of 6 should be allowed to claim 3 camps in a dungeon as long as they keep the spawns cleared.
Old 04-30-2020, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This servers camp rules are bullshit and force players to solo single camps instead of grouping to take multiple camps. It makes the game much less fun and puts a lot of classes out of luck for finding groups.

A group of 6 should be allowed to claim 3 camps in a dungeon as long as they keep the spawns cleared.
They are.

Look it's easy to take this stuff out of context in the forums, but let's look at a practical example: CE (Crypt/Emperor) in Sebilis. Not a "top" camp anymore with Velious, but still it can provide JBBs, Heiro Cloaks, a ton of lesser items, and even potentially a copy of Torpor. In other words, it's still a very popular camp, and it has caused plenty of "camp fights" over the years.

Because of the server rules about line of sight, there are essentially 7 camps at CE: four rooms in Crypt plus the cube outside, plus Emperor and Blood in the room in front of him.

Technically, if a soloer goes in at 4AM when no one is there, they can claim (and prevent groups from doing) one camp, eg. Heiro Cloak. Is it annoying to groups wanting to do CE? Yes. Is it easy to do, and hold? No, because you have to get the camp when no group is there, and if you screw up even once not only does the group get to take your camp ... you now have to try and talk that group into rezzing you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And if the group gets there first, they can absolutely keep all seven camps. In a practical sense, yes maybe someone could show up and say "I want a camp, you can't have all seven", and the group could give them the worst camp (eg. cube or blood). Pretty soon they'll get bored of soloing a crappy camp and go away.

So ... it seems to me that, even in that case ... which seems like kind of an extreme example (seven separate camps, with soloers actively trying to take them) groups have no problem with soloers.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-30-2020, 05:38 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And if the group gets there first, they can absolutely keep all seven camps. In a practical sense, yes maybe someone could show up and say "I want a camp, you can't have all seven", and the group could give them the worst camp (eg. cube or blood). Pretty soon they'll get bored of soloing a crappy camp and go away.
I appreciate what you are saying but since a group can only camp what is in their LOS. Can't a soloer come and claim the highest value camp site. Group is forced to lay claim to that site and subsequently surrender the second highest value site. Not give soloer the crappy camp as in your example.

For the record, I am new to p99. Really appreciate and am thankful for the opportunity to play. The LOS rule is very frustrating and handles traditional group camps negatively.
Last edited by Belandrus; 04-30-2020 at 05:42 PM..
Closed Thread