Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 11:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rike [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 boxing does not hurt the population, it only helps grow it. (larger #s on server entice people to play again etc )
Wrong, wrong, wrong. All you'll do is encourage the vast majority of the server to box, promote beyond all imagination the growth of accounts for sale, and make the average Joe who turns up on his first day of P99 feel like 2-boxing is the only way he'll get levelled.

Boxers on live rarely wanted to group, they live in their isolated world wanting to get to max level quickly and/or on their own terms. If a ranger turns up and asks to join them... what do you think the answer is?

If you want to box, please do go away and enjoy any of the other non-P99 servers on the EQ Emu list, set up your own EQ server, or just roll a solo class. Simple really. Or just get an IP exemption and get caught out like so many others do.

Quote:
Hell I was 6 boxing when emulator first got big, and my bro was 3 boxing. 2box just lets people actually be able to play by themselfs if they want.
why has it taken so long for the retarded dev team to realize this?
The dev team isn't retarded, they put 100s of hours into making this worthwhile for everyone. Scuttle off to wherever you were 6-boxing and enjoy life there.

I've never got the concept of "I want to play an online game... by myself" :/
Old 11-21-2012, 05:43 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

by hundreds of hours you mean taking VZTZs code?
and your right, no one wants to play by themselves. thats why no one would ever roll a melee as their first character. you either have to have friends playing, or you have to log whenever you can't find anyone to group with.
sounds really awesome to me bro
Old 11-21-2012, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rike [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you either have to have friends playing, or you have to log whenever you can't find anyone to group with.
sounds really awesome to me bro
Try being a Euro player, then talk to me about that. I levelled a SK no problems - made groups myself if not much was happening, and because I was such an awesome tank/puller people would look out for me to group up again. Got a nice little network going back in the day and get this... I made friends!

Server pop has dropped a bit since it has to be said, but if you stick to the well trodden path (Oasis, Unrest, Mistmoore, Sol B etc) there's usually groups there.

Don't make out you can log in for hours at a time, and log out miserable...with two boxing fixing such woes.

"LFG time" was in classic too you know - its up to you if you want to laze around waiting for someone to ask you to a group or if you want to get one started yourself.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:47 AM
Sarnak

This thread has been quite entertaining I must say. So many opinions about opinions on opinions.

My suggestion to the people eagerly awaiting IP exemptions is to circumvent the rules but not break them. Look into things like proxies, masks, or learn to configure your own router and/or contact your ISP to set your own i.p. address. Its a lot faster than waiting for an exemption and you learn something in the process.

Do not use the above to 2 box however. Sure you can 2 box using my suggestions and have your characters deleted then change your i.p. and start over and have them deleted again. The best part is you probably won't be caught 2 boxing immediately instead you'll lose that level 50 character you've sank a month or more into. Then you'll quit or play the game by the rules.

Same goes for the MacroQuest and ShowEQ users. Don't do it.

The one thing I wish they did enforce, which in my opinion is worse than 2 boxing and its just that an opinion, is the naming policy. I've seen so many offensive, ridiculous, immersion breaking names on the server it makes my head spin. SexyWoodElf, TitsMcgee, Tukda Lootfromya and his alt Tucda Lootfromya, I mean seriously? This doesn't even scratch the surface. I didn't even go into the racist names.

All in all, what I've gathered is that P99 needs more administration. More active GMs would cut down on a lot of the issues not being enforced (bad names, training on purpose, 2 boxing cause it does still happen)

Well I'm all done now, Have a good morning everyone! :]
Old 12-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

as a melee you need to be proactive when it comes to forming groups. find a healer and get to work. as a mage i always made my groups, i soloed maybe a few hours out of my 6 days played to 47. I remember one time in OT there was a monk LFG and me. ofc a mage/monk is a horrible duo but i felt bad for the guy so I just had him pull for me. people are willing to help push melees you just gotta look. boxing is lame and there are other emus that allow.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
boxing is lame and there are other emus that allow.
EQMac and EZ server both are big, popular boxing servers (does Hidden Forest allow boxing?). If you feel the need to do it go there. Both have forums and an active community so they are valid alternatives if boxing is your thing. But they will never be as cool as classic EQ imho.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

eqmac is awesome and yes it allows boxing, those who with to box and have a classic eq experience should goto eqmac.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galelor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ was cheaper than most other forms of paid entertainment. One night at the bar cost me more than a month of 6 EQ subscriptions...
Cheapdate?
*wave
Old 12-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
eqmac is awesome and yes it allows boxing, those who with to box and have a classic eq experience should goto eqmac.
Totally agree, P99 has its own rules and on boxing (if I haven't made it clear already) I fully support banning of boxes to keep grouping opportunities as good as can be.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Sarnak

Default Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbstractVision [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread has been quite entertaining I must say. So many opinions about opinions on opinions.

My suggestion to the people eagerly awaiting IP exemptions is to circumvent the rules but not break them. Look into things like proxies, masks, or learn to configure your own router and/or contact your ISP to set your own i.p. address. Its a lot faster than waiting for an exemption and you learn something in the process.

Do not use the above to 2 box however. Sure you can 2 box using my suggestions and have your characters deleted then change your i.p. and start over and have them deleted again. The best part is you probably won't be caught 2 boxing immediately instead you'll lose that level 50 character you've sank a month or more into. Then you'll quit or play the game by the rules.

Same goes for the MacroQuest and ShowEQ users. Don't do it.

The one thing I wish they did enforce, which in my opinion is worse than 2 boxing and its just that an opinion, is the naming policy. I've seen so many offensive, ridiculous, immersion breaking names on the server it makes my head spin. SexyWoodElf, TitsMcgee, Tukda Lootfromya and his alt Tucda Lootfromya, I mean seriously? This doesn't even scratch the surface. I didn't even go into the racist names.

All in all, what I've gathered is that P99 needs more administration. More active GMs would cut down on a lot of the issues not being enforced (bad names, training on purpose, 2 boxing cause it does still happen)

Well I'm all done now, Have a good morning everyone! :]

This is laughable at best. People box all the time, and get reported for it and nothing happens. I've seen this happen bout 6 times now. Boxing is alive and well on this server so according to some of you the server is already destroyed!
Closed Thread