Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 07-05-2023, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't seem obvious to you if you talked about a court verdict, rather than the fact it's someone bragging about lack of evidence. You embarrass yourself constantly in some desperate attempt to seem more clever than you actually are.

I mean, how can one procure "proof" that you resort to sophistry? It's just an opinion, just like you calling most people and myself "trolls" for giving you disparaging remarks is an opinion.
Thank you for admitting you are just claiming I am a troll without actually having any method to prove it.

I can prove you are a troll simply by asking people to look at your post history in this thread. It is almost exclusively insults and fallacies.

Other posters here have hundreds of posts that are just silly gif images.

Please don't try and claim that kind of behavior could not be considered trolling lol.
Old 07-05-2023, 02:22 PM
Fire Giant

But it's an opinion that must have merit if you're bringing in "proof" to something that is just an opinion. We can't "prove" such a thing, and we can't prove whether you're being wilfully obtuse or not. We just think you've clearly lost the argument, so now you need to resort to immoral tactics.

The gifs and/or images we posted was a way to express ourselves and lighten the anguish when one speaks to you. Just give it a rest already. If you think you've had it bad, then you clearly haven't been to the Blizzard forums. The people in those forums are there to control dissent, and they'll look for any excuse to get you banned.

We, on the other hand, just some people fed up with your bullshit, child. The EverQuest community is pretty peaceful compared to most communities out there, but you've managed to stir up some serious rage and mockery. That's no easy feat.

Just come off your high horse, you psychotic manchild.
Old 07-05-2023, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The gifs and/or images we posted was a way to express ourselves and lighten the anguish when one speaks to you. Just give it a rest already. If you think you've had it bad, then you clearly haven't been to the Blizzard forums. The people in those forums are there to control dissent, and they'll look for any excuse to get you banned.
Your idea is if you believe the trolling is justified, then it isn't trolling?

This is the definition of trolling https://www.endsleigh.co.uk/blog/pos...rnet-trolling/

If I say something that makes you angry, that doesn't mean it is trolling. You can be angry at me for disagreeing with you, even if I am correct.

You specifically calling me an immoral child for no particular reason does match the definition of trolling[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nice try.
Old 07-05-2023, 02:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you are just claiming I am a troll without actually having any method to prove it
Irrefutable & undeniable evidence exists in this thread in the form of posts made by yourself "claiming" that others - including myself - are trolls.

You - still - have not provided evidence of me trolling, despite me making multiple requests that you provide such evidence, and therefore it could be argued that:

You are just claiming I am a troll without actually having any method to prove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can prove you are a troll simply by asking people to look at your post history in this thread. It is almost exclusively insults and fallacies.
You asking others to look at something does not equate to "proof", unfortunately, and your opinion that Gloomlord's posts are almost exclusively insults and fallacies COULD be true - depending entirely on the definitions of "insults" and "fallacies" that you are using (which you did not specify).

My post history does not almost exclusively contain insults and fallacies, it simply contains irrefutable facts & simple questions. You cannot prove that I am a troll by asking people to look at my post history, as asking people to look at something is not "proof", and therefore it could be argued that:

You are just claiming I am a troll without actually having any method to prove it.

Quote:
Other posters here have hundreds of posts that are just silly gif images.
I do not have hundreds of posts of GIF images, and you have - still - not provided the definition you are using for "silly".

Quote:
Please don't try and claim that kind of behavior could not be considered trolling lol.
Please do not try to claim or otherwise imply that "kinds of behavior can be considered trolling" without specifying the kinds of behavior. Otherwise, others could simply argue that your "kind of behavior" can be considered trolling, and we would be at an Impasse.
Last edited by cyxthryth; 07-05-2023 at 02:44 PM..
Old 07-05-2023, 02:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Your idea is if you believe the trolling is justified, then it isn't trolling?

This is the definition of trolling https://www.endsleigh.co.uk/blog/pos...rnet-trolling/

If I say something that makes you angry, that doesn't mean it is trolling. You can be angry at me for disagreeing with you, even if I am correct.

You specifically calling me an immoral child for no particular reason does match the definition of trolling[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nice try.
Thank you for providing the definition of "trolling" that you are using! Please indicate how/where/why you applied that definition to my posts which you multiple times have claimed are "trolling" / make me "a troll".

Furthermore, you have not provided any evidence - and likely cannot provide any- that Gloomlord was "specifically calling you an immoral child for no particular reason", and therefore, that claim is baseless - and likely incorrect.
Last edited by cyxthryth; 07-05-2023 at 02:57 PM..
Old 07-05-2023, 06:21 PM
Sarnak

I'm moving a conversation over from another thread, our fellow poster/P99 community member DSM said he won't reply to me on the other thread & asked me to take it back to this one, even though he already hasn't replied to my most recent 2 posts in this thread from several hours ago, and has additionally ignored multiple tens? hundreds? of my posts in this thread, presumably because his only other option besides ignoring my posts would be - outright - concession. Regardless, for the sake of civil discussion I will move the conversation forward thusly:

Quote:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...postcount=4165

This is the latest example of me answering the same questions you keep asking over and over again.

Please move the discussion back to that thread. I won't be responding to these questions again here, as it is off topic.
Conversation moved here as requested! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Where - specifically/exactly - in the above linked post did you address/explain/justify the fact that you have claimed the 4 below Quotes are NOT contradictory, even though the content in 2 of the Quotes includes your belief that DPS performance will be THE SAME solo vs. group and contrarily/contrary-wise the content in the other 2 Quotes demonstrates that you are fully aware of & have acknowledged the irrefutable fact that group members introduce outside variables - which are outside of a given player's control - that are able to affect a given player's DPS performance ("skew the data") & therefore the 4 Quotes are simply irrefutably contradictory?

Quote:
Assuming your group plays correctly, you will DPS the same way every time, the same as if you were solo.
Quote:
I am very confident it won't change in a group
If you believe the DPS will be "the same" / "won't change" in a group vs solo please clarify, are there or are there not outside variables introduced via the addition of group-mates which can "skew the data" / "change the DPS equation"?

You simply cannot claim "it (DPS) will be the same solo vs group, it (DPS) won't change" while simultaneously claiming "outside variables when grouping (which do not exist/apply when solo) "skew the data " / "change the DPS equation" (affect DPS), as the statements are simply contradictory.

Quote:
in a group setting, there are too many variables out of your control that can skew the data
Quote:
Once you add in outside variables, that changes the DPS equation NOT because of what the class can do, but because of what other players are doing.
If you believe there are variables out of your control introduced by each group-mate which can "skew the data" and "change the DPS equation" please clarify, how can a given player's DPS be "the same every time" / "won't change in a group" when taking the aforementioned variables into consideration/account?

You simply cannot claim "outside variables when grouping (which do not exist/apply when solo) skew the data " / "change the DPS equation" (affect DPS) while simultaneously claiming "it (DPS) will be the same solo vs group, it (DPS) won't change", as the statements are simply contradictory.
Last edited by cyxthryth; 07-05-2023 at 06:31 PM..
Old 07-05-2023, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyxthryth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where - specifically/exactly - in the above linked post did you address/explain/justify the fact that you have claimed the 4 below Quotes are NOT contradictory
In the link you provided in your own post https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...postcount=4165 .

I am not going to answer you on this question again, because it is clear you are refusing to read anything given to you.

Just to clarify what quotes I am talking about in the link posted above:

Quote:
1. Assuming your group plays correctly, you will DPS the same way every time, the same as if you were solo.
This quote is making an assumption the group plays correctly. In both group and solo situations, a Mage will be doing less DPS than what is possible for their class to do if their pets keep dying mid-fight due to an issue with the player, or the group.

Quote:
2. I am very confident it won't change in a group.
This quote is simply saying if you can do 50 DPS to a mob solo, you can do 50 DPS to a mob grouped. The stats of the mob do not change based on your grouping status.

Quote:
3. In a group setting, there are too many variables out of your control that can skew the data.
4. Once you add in outside variables, that changes the DPS equation NOT because of what the class can do, but because of what other players are doing.
Both of these quotes are variations on the same idea. You could parse a group in which a Shaman does more DPS than a Mage, because the Mage's pet keeps dying due to the puller consistently pulling poorly. This doesn't indicate the Mage class does poor DPS, it indicates the group was performing poorly. It is more difficult to parse class DPS accurately in a group because of these variables.

If you want to make the claim that a specific class does less DPS in a group due to specific conditions, you need to provide evidence showing those specific conditions, so we can see if it is a restriction of the class in that specific scenario, or simply a result of inefficient play.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-05-2023 at 06:59 PM..
Old 07-05-2023, 06:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
In the link you provided in your own post https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...postcount=4165 .
Simply claiming you provided the justification/explanation - when you haven't - does not make it so; you would have to actually provide the justification/explanation. Nor does claiming you've provided the justification/explanation negate the irrefutable fact that the 4 Quotes in question are simply, contradictory. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
I am not going to answer you on this question again, because it is clear you are refusing to read anything given to you.
How is it clear that I'm refusing to read anything given to me exactly?

Furthermore, I don't really care at this point whether or not you reply to that particular question, because currently I'm far more interested in your reply to the following 2 (which I noticed you happened to ignore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]):

Quote:
Assuming your group plays correctly, you will DPS the same way every time, the same as if you were solo.
Quote:
I am very confident it won't change in a group
If you believe the DPS will be "the same" / "won't change" in a group vs solo please clarify, are there or are there not outside variables introduced via the addition of group-mates which can "skew the data" / "change the DPS equation"?

You simply cannot claim "it (DPS) will be the same solo vs group, it (DPS) won't change" while simultaneously claiming "outside variables when grouping (which do not exist/apply when solo) "skew the data " / "change the DPS equation" (affect DPS), as the statements are simply contradictory.

Quote:
in a group setting, there are too many variables out of your control that can skew the data
Quote:
Once you add in outside variables, that changes the DPS equation NOT because of what the class can do, but because of what other players are doing.
If you believe there are variables out of your control introduced by each group-mate which can "skew the data" and "change the DPS equation" please clarify, how can a given player's DPS be "the same every time" / "won't change in a group" when taking the aforementioned variables into consideration/account?

You simply cannot claim "outside variables when grouping (which do not exist/apply when solo) skew the data " / "change the DPS equation" (affect DPS) while simultaneously claiming "it (DPS) will be the same solo vs group, it (DPS) won't change", as the statements are simply contradictory.

I eagerly & patiently await your next reply! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-06-2023, 09:53 PM
Fire Giant

439 pages to find out that wizards are better than shamans
Old 07-06-2023, 11:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
439 pages to find out that wizards are better than shamans
Shaman/Enchanter/Enchanter/Wizard is indeed awesome for your solo farm crew idea. Thanks for bringing it up!