Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: Do you believe ooc and auction should be returned to zone-only?
YES! I want ooc/auction to be per zone only. 383 52.39%
NO! I want ooc/auction to remain global wide. 348 47.61%
Voters: 731. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 08:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Say goodbye to me if there isn't SOME FORM of global communication.

Regards,

Brain
Fixed it for ya.

I would be saddened if ANY kind of global channels were made available long-term.

But there's no way I would qq about it either way.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The server was made to be classic, Global chat kills a good half of what classic was.. Community being a huge part of that, instead of communties being more scattered and remote it is all forced into a chat room that half of us are forced to turn off because of how unclassic it is..

I think a good 80% of you people saying no are just lazy and use to things being easy in MMORPGS. This game is so much easier because of Global chat and seeing as how you seem to like the brutal side of EQ it doesn't make much sense that you want global chat.

At the moment this is a classic server with classic content, but the community nothing like 1999, i think the devs know that and will make the change when the time is right. No one is mad or getting angry at your opinion, the people who are here to have a classic server are just getting bashed again by a bunch of people who want this game made easy, its the same people that want there to be more content after velious, this is suppose to be a CLASSIC server, if people don't like that they best just fuck off cause this was meant to be for us.
This post made me smile. Well said.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malrubius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fixed it for ya.

I would be saddened if ANY kind of global channels were made available long-term.

But there's no way I would qq about it either way.
I say just make a guild for those that really hate local chat/auction ideas and call it, "Barrens Chat.."

clearly half them are WoW vets, so its fitting imo.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:57 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Location: Near a fly fishing stream in the western mountains of Maine

I wonder how many new forum accounts have been created sincethe poll started compared to how many new players on the server.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:32 PM
Kobold

with all the fuss about this, i'm suprised to not see earlier polls on things such as keeping the mana stone in, adding pok, having us start with epics, etc.. etc..

it's a classic server (pre-luclin) I myself thought that meant, if it wasn't in the game before luclin, and it can be forced then it won't be here. Can i get an amen? I joined for the original feel of everquest, what about you?

manhatten
Old 05-20-2010, 10:53 PM
Planar Protector

can I change my vote?
Old 05-20-2010, 11:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0xx0r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
with all the fuss about this, i'm suprised to not see earlier polls on things such as keeping the mana stone in, adding pok, having us start with epics, etc.. etc..

it's a classic server (pre-luclin) I myself thought that meant, if it wasn't in the game before luclin, and it can be forced then it won't be here. Can i get an amen? I joined for the original feel of everquest, what about you?

manhatten
Yea i was surprised and disappointed at the same time when i logged in and saw global chat
Old 05-21-2010, 12:19 AM
Orc

the poll is almost neck and neck.... so if the zone only wins by a small margin, does the current server wide stay?

I assume it would, only because it's been this way and many people are very against changing it to zone only. I voted zone only, but also stated either way was fine with me. I created a new chat window for ooc making it seem like the "general" channel. Also have to admit, I get more than a few chuckles with the shit that is discussed at times [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 05-21-2010, 12:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrymm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the poll is almost neck and neck.... so if the zone only wins by a small margin, does the current server wide stay?

I assume it would, only because it's been this way and many people are very against changing it to zone only. I voted zone only, but also stated either way was fine with me. I created a new chat window for ooc making it seem like the "general" channel. Also have to admit, I get more than a few chuckles with the shit that is discussed at times [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
The polls have no effect on what happens, the devs just want to know what the community thinks and have us voice our opinions.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrymm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No, it will go away. Nilbog said it will go away, so it will go away. It is not classic, so it will go away.

As Nilbog also said, the only question is when. Methinks it will be very soon.