Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Aviak

The problem with someone randomly giving you something in game is that is where the help stops.

For example, my first character was a shadow knight and someone randomly gave me a weapon which was AWESOME. Thank you so much to that awesome person. Unfortunately, after I had that weapon equipped everyone thought I was a twink. So, I ended up being a shadow knight with a decent weapon and no armor, until my friend crafted us some banded armor. Unfortunately my friend decided to stop playing the game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That is why I thought this would be a better approach.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:07 PM
Kobold

I started recently too. I have had some help from people. Some have been handouts others I have done work for high end players needing stuff for tradeskills. Farming spiderling silks and bear skins etc in return for some banded or plat. With velious on the horizon alot are readying themselves for shawl quests etc so there is a good market for low end tradeskill drops to get your feet on the ground.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with someone randomly giving you something in game is that is where the help stops.

For example, my first character was a shadow knight and someone randomly gave me a weapon which was AWESOME. Thank you so much to that awesome person. Unfortunately, after I had that weapon equipped everyone thought I was a twink. So, I ended up being a shadow knight with a decent weapon and no armor, until my friend crafted us some banded armor. Unfortunately my friend decided to stop playing the game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That is why I thought this would be a better approach.
So now you have been given a magic weapon and banded armor... what is the problem exactly? You really need more than this handed to you?
Old 01-21-2013, 03:09 PM
Aviak

I'll regularly go around newbie zones, unloading banded, bronze, dragoon dirks, screaming maces, etc to the random low levels that I see. Plenty of people do this from my experience and many more would gladly give some high level buffs to help a newbie out.

However, I do agree that it is bad form to blatantly ask for items as, in my opinion, it's taking advantage of an already relatively generous player base.

Regardless though, send a tell to Menlaas or Canelina and I might have something stashed away.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:10 PM
Aviak

Actually Slave, I don't have that stuff anymore. I let a "friend" borrow it before I logged out and went to bed for the night. They said they would give it back when I logged in the next day. I havent seen that "friend" since.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:15 PM
Skeleton

I understand what you're saying man, but the best approach I believe would be to not depend on handouts at all for your stuff but to instead quest/grind/craft it yourself...be smart about the money you make grouping and haggle yourself some deals in EC, people are generally much more willing to help you if you look like you're trying to help yourself. and a decent 1hs and a full suit of banded is just fine for a newbie SK anyway, you don't need uber gear to contribute to a group. just some thoughts, good luck in whatever you decide to do
Old 01-21-2013, 03:17 PM
Aviak

Thanks Belenos! Good luck to you too!
Old 01-21-2013, 03:22 PM
Banned

when i first started here... i wore cloth armor till lvl 40....

there were no handouts, there were no high lvl players ....

so yea, im in on the free fungi thread, pls pimp my twinks twink

i know some of you are hording them tunics pls pass one to a good fellow
Old 01-21-2013, 03:55 PM
Kobold

anyone wanna loan me a fungi tunic for like 2-3 weeks? So that I can get my SK to lvl up faster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-21-2013, 04:12 PM
Fire Giant

Well I guess that is a sign the server is successful:

THE BEGGARS HAVE ARRIVED!
Closed Thread