Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 12-05-2023, 08:32 PM
Fire Giant

Ss gloves, legs, arms all great if you can swing it.
Torture yourself with scout rolls
Old 12-05-2023, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe we should get him to take off his 2-hander to fit in an offhand attack.
Old 12-06-2023, 12:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by poxxy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks everyone for all the great advice, I appreciate it.

I'm definitely noting that ripostes are starting to become an issue, both incoming and outgoing. I'd prefer to go 2-hander since it just seems like a better option for soloing. I'd be giving up some really nice stats though, so I'm wondering how I can best use the proceeds from selling the weapons.

This is my magelo (I removed the weapons to make stats easier to read). After purchasing a ToD, 2x bloodpoints, and maybe a Reaver or Spade, I will have 160k remaining. How would you spend that to upgrade the character?

Edit: I should mention again that I don't raid, just can't commit that time. It would have to be EC purchases, but that could include things like SS MQs.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:RaidTank

This magelo is a decent goal and you're already most of the way there. You're pretty much tapped out though from a tradeable perspective, I'd prob use that extra money on another cool tradeable item for another char because unfortunately no matter how much plat you sink into your war at 50+ you will basically die to adds unless you get lucky with Spade procs so you are pretty limited in where you can go. If you are dead set on getting the war some no drop gear though then SS greaves/gaunts would be nice upgrades. I'd be stacking DEX hard though as you'll need fast truncheon procs, I would prob lose the hp rings as well and swap in 2x overseer's signet. Good dex, ac, and some added mr.
Last edited by Crede; 12-06-2023 at 12:45 AM..
Old 12-06-2023, 01:21 AM
Planar Protector

I don’t know if/when a Reaver will out-damage a SBoZ/BoC combo but one is 6k and the other is like 150k(minimum).

At 60 the Reaver is a 2.85 calculated ratio.
The SboZ in main hand is 1.833 and BoC in offhand is 1.30. Your OH is only going to swing about .75 ratio to the MH so discounting that it’s prob a combined ratio of 2.808.

Outside tanking I’d go Reaver. Triple attack favors 2h. It has svs. You won’t die to enrage flips or damage shields. If you can get good 1hs for dps it’s cheaper to buy a solid 2h, generally.

As mentioned though, I’d join a casual guild that’s active on quakes. Sock some points and spend on a Shovel, Eashen 2h, Vyemm 2h, or Meljeldin. Anything 1.15+ would just wreck.
Last edited by Snaggles; 12-06-2023 at 01:26 AM..
Old 12-06-2023, 03:20 AM
Planar Protector

On the subject on hitting the max in terms of what pp can buy, have you considered investing in consumables like potions?
Damage shield ones are nice.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-06-2023, 06:55 AM
Planar Protector

Good call. Ds potions prob the most cost effective for dps gains 50+. Maybe look into sky mqs too. Not sure what belt goes for but slight haste upgrade there, few other decent pieces up there too.
Old 12-06-2023, 07:02 AM
Planar Protector

yeah, the only thing to consider with DS potions is that warriors have a negative synergy with them on account of how hard they lean on evasive, and to a lesser degree slow procs, while soloing.

Old 12-06-2023, 09:12 AM
Planar Protector

DS pots, spade, narandi lance, cobalt BP, maybe SS stuff but w/e.
Old 12-06-2023, 09:23 AM
Planar Protector

Cobalt boots and arms nice buffs.

Old 12-06-2023, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by poxxy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey thanks, it definitely helped. I'll avoid the spade and maybe just get a reaver then to compare. It's a shame that there aren't any solid droppable 2-handers with comparable stats like that KT axe. I've read that people recommend buying loot rights, but I haven't had any luck.
I'd check with riot if they sell the KT axe loot rights. It's a great solo wep and anything better might just be too hard to get.

Edit: I just saw your trade post for em GG lol
Last edited by Crede; 12-06-2023 at 10:18 AM..