Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 06-20-2024, 11:06 PM
Aviak

Default Solo Self Found Enchanter - gear list request

Hi,

Made a solo self found enchanter currently level 13 doing wisps in Erudin crossing to make spell money and jewel craft.

After GLS turn ins I should be likely lvl 17 and was curious if anyone had some enchanted gear goal recommendations as I level and explore dungeons, etc.

I want to make this an adventure and enjoy the process of exploration as much as possible. Thanks!
Old 06-20-2024, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobjenson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi,

Made a solo self found enchanter currently level 13 doing wisps in Erudin crossing to make spell money and jewel craft.

After GLS turn ins I should be likely lvl 17 and was curious if anyone had some enchanted gear goal recommendations as I level and explore dungeons, etc.

I want to make this an adventure and enjoy the process of exploration as much as possible. Thanks!
Stein of Moggok is a fun quest, and doable by a level 12 agnostic Enchanter. It's a good piece too with +10 INT.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Qeynos_Badge_Quests is probably a good quest line too for an Enchanter, but I've never done it myself.

Gatorscale Sleeves are a classic caster piece, and not difficult to camp once you are at the appropriate level.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Coldain...r_Shawl_Quests Should be doable by a solo Enchanter in the endgame if you are willing to buy Royal Kromriff Blood from other players. I think you can get everything else self found.

Have fun doing self found!
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-20-2024 at 11:26 PM..
Old 06-20-2024, 11:20 PM
Aviak

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm underway witht the stein of moggok quest. I died 3 times and had long CR's back to blackburrow from Gfay but will be worth it.. appreciate the suggestions.
Old 06-21-2024, 12:22 AM
Sarnak

For sure you need a rod of insidious glamor. And there are some other decent pieces that drop in Guk like braided cinch cord, runed cowl, gatorscale sleeves and embroidered black cape.

I would personally concentrate on getting exp first and then farming stuff when you're a bit over-leveled for it.
Old 06-21-2024, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Seems like we need an "Equipping an Enchanter" wiki page, so I started one: https://wiki.project1999.com/Equipping_an_Enchanter

It's not as advanced as the ones for Druids, Shaman, etc. ... but if people contribute to it, it could be.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue or Green servers, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of platinum and/or gear! Send me a forum message for details.
Old 06-21-2024, 06:26 PM
Aviak

This is exactly what I was looking for so I could kind of map out what dungeons to crawl for gear as I level. Hope to see this expanded, thanks again
Old 07-05-2024, 11:21 AM
Aviak

Bump - anyone have any additional advice? Lol 17 now. Have stein and working on jewel crafting.
Old 07-05-2024, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobjenson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bump - anyone have any additional advice? Lol 17 now. Have stein and working on jewel crafting.
My advice is that on a server this old, all tradeskills will just waste your plat: everything will take you more time/plat to make than if you just bought it from another player, or looted (something equivalent). Even on a fresh server, most tradeskills have limited value.

I say this as someone who has completed the "epic tradeskill quest" (7th shawl) and is currently working on mastering blacksmithing. I <3 tradeskills ... but they just aren't worth your time on P99 if you want to level.

Bonus tip: most gear isn't worth your time either, especially as a caster. Focus on levels and loot whatever you get as you level: you'll do just fine gear-wise, and reach 60 much faster.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue or Green servers, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of platinum and/or gear! Send me a forum message for details.
Old 07-05-2024, 04:33 PM
Aviak

Totally understand, just more into the journey and self found aspect / struggle for some reason ��
Old 07-06-2024, 12:06 PM
Kobold

The wiki is very in depth and has many guides, such as the treasure hunting guide. I’d give that a glance as it gives recommended levels and loot you can get. I like to deep dive into the wiki for efficient ways to level that aren’t the typical path. It has a great amount of info on each mob. I usually browse it extensively while on the toilet lol to see where I’m gonna go explore on alts
Huock - Warlord of Rallos Zek
Rozenwyn - Preserver of Tunare
Barterer - EC Trader Extraordinaire

Discord - Drock#9316