Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 03-15-2023, 12:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphablue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been bound at my character's spawn point for 60 levels and I ain't changin' now.
What? Really? That’s awesome lol
Old 03-15-2023, 06:03 AM
Planar Protector

Also, however unlikely, another consideration would be city leaders; if new ones are ever added to the world, being bound at firepots would allow for easier pivoting to/FTEs on, clicking into their respective cities. Same with being bound in PoM, if Bristlebane ever makes an appearance as a raid target.
Old 03-15-2023, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

I doubt that city leader/Bristlebane custom raid encounters will ever happen (or at least, not in this decade) ... but man, it would be cool if it did.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-15-2023, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I doubt that city leader/Bristlebane custom raid encounters will ever happen (or at least, not in this decade) ... but man, it would be cool if it did.
Also skeptical. Can't help but consider the possibilities though. Antonius Bayle in North Qeynos or South? Mayong back in MM again, now more learned and powerful. Bristlebane in PoM, procing intoxicating/alcohol poisoning effect, the severity dependent on one's alc tolerance level. Al'Kabor in Dreadlands, pathing around the ancient Combine outpost. Firiona in North Felwithe or the FV outpost?

Then just buffed versions of King Ak'Anon/Stormhammer, King/Queen Thex, War Baron Eater, each in their own cities.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 03-17-2023, 05:56 AM
Sarnak

For melee I think it boils down to

- ToV bind if you're raiding and especially if you raid park a lot.

- "Flex" bind slot, meaning you simply bind wherever's closest to where you're active, will serve you best when leveling, especially if you play off-hours.

- Cities: Pre-velious it's better to be close to rings than spires if you have to choose because wizards are not as common and arguably have inferior port-locations and still don't have TL. It's not worth the time farming the plat but I ever had the plat I seriously would consider paying for a locketbind at WC rings. As far as cities go, Erudin/Paineel has both spires and rings in the adjacent zone but little traffic there. Kaladim, Neriak, Oggok and Felwithe have respective rings or spires in adjacent zones. I haven't timed the run to WC but I suspect that Neriak is the superior option to WFP. Rivervale has a nearby ring and there's usually a bit more life there I find. Surefall is interesting with druids able to teleport there. Iceclad has both spires and rings in the same zone but is less safe. Overthere is interesting, a bit harder to find a port but there's a bit of traffic there. You can do corpse runs in Kunark even if it hurts.

Hybrid close to port and worthwhile locations: Kael and Skyshrine are similar stories and if you're factioned can be considered safe-ish and is also relevant for raiding. PoM locket-bind is also good, access to velious and nearby rings and spires.

Personally I'd default to Neriak if evil or WFP if good simply due to these places having more traffic = less waiting to find a port. I think Surefall and Rivervale are interesting contenders. Throughout my leveling and hunting I'd move binds frequently. Later I'd consider Skyshrine or Kael depending on faction and when I'd have too much money I'd consider getting a locket bind: WC rings, ToV or PoM depending on my aims.
Old 03-17-2023, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman1022 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tell me you never plan anymore without telling me you never play anymore. Run out of guild options? lol
Nice year-old thread necro lol