Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 01-21-2023, 08:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is why you guys don't get a new server. You post bugs, troll each other and so on. Grow up and take some accountability. How do you expect gms to even help you guys?
These ppl probably play on green even and not red.
Old 02-13-2023, 10:31 PM
Kobold

Who is infectious? Why does he think people still play here
Old 02-22-2023, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who is infectious? Why does he think people still play here
You didn't have a problem with me when we were guided in friends? Don't you have a pocket to hold.
Old 03-02-2023, 12:31 AM
Banned

Current red players got dunked by the bluebies, disregard them
Old 05-09-2023, 07:16 PM
Sarnak

whats up with all these mads bads and sads playing on blue/green talking on some contest that wasnt even on red. you bluebies are cowards. pls fix bug
Old 07-14-2023, 10:45 AM
Sarnak

Bumping this post. Has there been any response from P99 admins and leadership on this? I thought this was supposed to be as close to a classic experience as possible, but it has made all PvP engagements a ranged attack spam fest and it also actively deluding mob difficulty by certain guilds that use this broken mechanic along with rooted dragons to cheese down mobs.

Nobody ran around on Rallos Zek live with bows chunking people down. It isn't classic.

Can dev at least define a LOE to get this fixed? I'm sure more than a handful of people would be willing to hit that donate button if it meant this got attention in a decent amount of time. This post is over 2 years old. In before the red is dead comments, I still like to login occasionally and I don't like feeling like Ace Ventura, ya dig

https://tenor.com/view/ace-ventura-a...e-gif-18966955
Rushx the Warlock - R99
Last edited by Thrilla; 07-14-2023 at 10:59 AM..
Old 07-26-2023, 08:07 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrilla [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bumping this post. Has there been any response from P99 admins and leadership on this? I thought this was supposed to be as close to a classic experience as possible, but it has made all PvP engagements a ranged attack spam fest and it also actively deluding mob difficulty by certain guilds that use this broken mechanic along with rooted dragons to cheese down mobs.

Nobody ran around on Rallos Zek live with bows chunking people down. It isn't classic.

Can dev at least define a LOE to get this fixed? I'm sure more than a handful of people would be willing to hit that donate button if it meant this got attention in a decent amount of time. This post is over 2 years old. In before the red is dead comments, I still like to login occasionally and I don't like feeling like Ace Ventura, ya dig

https://tenor.com/view/ace-ventura-a...e-gif-18966955
I have been standing on my head trying to get this fixed, not necessarily from a PVP standpoint (though that matters too) but from a ranger perspective.

Classic Rangers performed far better in archery than on P99 due to this bug. It needs to be fixed.
Old 07-29-2023, 01:32 AM
Aviak

Bowquest is not good. Hopefully staff has something in the works.
Old 08-31-2023, 03:52 PM
Kobold

Exclamation

I agree bowquest is busted to a certain extent and should be addressed, however - until people put in the leg work and figure out the actual formula and run tests with logs similar to how Lovely would provide extensive feedback at launch, there won't be any updates outside of dev input. I remember getting smacked around here n there all the time to test #s. If we want to fix bowquest, we'll have to figure out a fix for the coding and why it is the way it is.

Quoting most previous post relating to the actual code below -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Changing a persons quote is really frowned on by these forums. Especially rewriting it.

I don't get it Imago. You are playing on an emulator of a game hosted for free.

Demanding an immediate fix that only affects a small population of players and characters who have this limited race/class who exploit this in PvP.

Have some humbleness they acknowledge it and are trying to fix it but it doesn't warrant a hot fix and drop all resources to fix NOW.

Hell want fix the code yourself and part of the solution:

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...one/attack.cpp

Code:
if (hit.skill == EQ::skills::SkillArchery ||
		(hit.skill == EQ::skills::SkillThrowing && GetClass() != BERSERKER))
		hit.damage_done /= 2;

if (hit.damage_done < 1)
		hit.damage_done = 1;

if (hit.skill == EQ::skills::SkillArchery) {
		int bonus = aabonuses.ArcheryDamageModifier + itembonuses.ArcheryDamageModifier + spellbonuses.ArcheryDamageModifier;
		hit.damage_done += hit.damage_done * bonus / 100;
		int headshot = TryHeadShot(defender, hit.skill);
		if (headshot > 0) {
			hit.damage_done = headshot;
		}
		else if (GetClass() == RANGER && GetLevel() > 50) { // no double dmg on headshot
			if ((defender->IsNPC() && !defender->IsMoving() && !defender->IsRooted()) || !RuleB(Combat, ArcheryBonusRequiresStationary)) {
				hit.damage_done *= 2;
				MessageString(Chat::MeleeCrit, BOW_DOUBLE_DAMAGE);
			}
		}
	}
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is where we need to pickup from if we want real results going forward.
Old 08-31-2023, 09:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree bowquest is busted to a certain extent and should be addressed, however - until people put in the leg work and figure out the actual formula and run tests with logs similar to how Lovely would provide extensive feedback at launch, there won't be any updates outside of dev input. I remember getting smacked around here n there all the time to test #s. If we want to fix bowquest, we'll have to figure out a fix for the coding and why it is the way it is.

Quoting most previous post relating to the actual code below -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is where we need to pickup from if we want real results going forward.
It's been proven to be classic in pve and pvp. Red players are always late to the party of course