Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: When should green reset?
As soon as possible 221 63.32%
March 16th 86 24.64%
>4 Months from now 42 12.03%
Voters: 349. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-26-2024, 02:32 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Wait till you guys figure out that when Daybreak sold to Enad Global 7 and rebranded Darkpaw games. That new dad Enad Global 7 pretty much stated they would leave project 1999 alone as long as no new server popped up.
Holly is with blizzard now leaving no one to champion preservation and with new dad in the picture, nothing legal or binding is really in play now. Just tentative holding on to what we already have and being happy with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMatt View Post
These dudes are definitely warmbody shitters, checks out hahaha
Last edited by razzdazz2; 03-26-2024 at 02:35 PM..
Old 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Sarnak

Yeah, that makes sense.

But I would say at this point Quarm is in direct competition with TLPs, to an extent that p99 never was. With the instanced raids, QoL comparable to live and the PoP progression timeline there's significant overlap with what the typical paying customer's want. That's why I'm back playing here, because Quarm is too much like a TLP.
Old 03-26-2024, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

quarm is hot garbage
Old 03-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quarm is wildly custom content that will sputter off. The pacing between expansions for QOL server is garbage. Changes to item stats and replacement legacy items drastically change what eq is about for some people (having stuff other people dont have or having items that are rare) in the eras before pop. I'd wager that most of the early quarmers like half or more have dipped off and the only ones who stayed are those who settled into successful guilds with people looking for the custom changes quarm offers without paying for a tlp. Which will taper off. Prolly like half of those who have dropped off prolly returned to p99 a much more stable and predictable experience.
If they have an eye on Quarm for Cease and Desist/Infringement suit they will give it time to hang it's self. Cause that cost them nothing.
Quote:
Old 03-26-2024, 04:29 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
quarm is hot garbage
true[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-26-2024, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah I didn't understand the expansion pacing for Quarm. Like yeah getting to Kunark a little quicker is certainly a positive. But isn't it like 6 months between each expansion no matter what? That seems kind of quick and was one of the things that turned me off.

Still might jump into it a little bit in POP era just to do some raids that I never did but other than that zero interest.
Old 03-26-2024, 10:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
quarm is hot garbage
Those instanced raids say otherwise.
Old 03-27-2024, 01:44 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzdazz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait till you guys figure out that when Daybreak sold to Enad Global 7 and rebranded Darkpaw games. That new dad Enad Global 7 pretty much stated they would leave project 1999 alone as long as no new server popped up.
Holly is with blizzard now leaving no one to champion preservation and with new dad in the picture, nothing legal or binding is really in play now. Just tentative holding on to what we already have and being happy with it.
Been thinking along these lines for a while now. This makes perfect sense, so yeah, doubt we'll get another server soon or ever.
Old 03-27-2024, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzdazz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure what you mean by nothing legal or binding is in play. There's no way to make that statement without knowing what the actual contract says.
Old 03-27-2024, 03:19 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

A gentlemen's agreement with the previous company is not a contract.
Quote: