Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 07-29-2023, 11:59 AM
Orc

Default Self Founded/funded. What are the rules?

I took a two month hiatus because being Uber twinked got boring after level 25. While I was playing I ran across these "Self Founded" or "Self Funded" characters. Some were casual. Others hard-core and would not even group with twins.

So I figured what the hell and rolled a Enchanter. I knew the basic concept. You can only wear items you either looted yourself or crafted, and can't trade or use auction.But what if someone leaves a body decaying with a fine steal sword on it? Did I break the rules already? Does anyone even care? What are the actual rules?
Old 07-29-2023, 01:13 PM
Fire Giant

Since it's a challenge your putting on yourself,you make the rules
Old 07-29-2023, 05:57 PM
Sarnak

nuzlocke sounded fun until i lost my pikachu
didnt even headcanon a special scenario where a revive accidentally jurachi'd its butt. just rezzed and moved on
Old 07-29-2023, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linfang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does anyone even care?
no
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 07-31-2023, 08:22 AM
Planar Protector

Make your own rule set. The biggest distinction is between "found" and "funded."
Old 07-31-2023, 11:40 PM
Planar Protector

I just started a char in SSF and I did not loot a shield that had been dropped by a player who was killing guards because I didn’t/couldn’t kill the mob. However, I did buy some basic armor from an NPC with coin I made from leveling. Im also okay to group with other SSF players although so far have not ran into any. I also told myself I will accept ports, binds and rezs from non SSF players when the time comes. But I won’t group with any non SSF players and I won’t take any buffs or heals either. And of course no buying items off other players, even SSF. Ultimately, it’s the rules you put in place unless you join one of the guilds like ALS.
Last edited by ScottBerta; 08-01-2023 at 12:04 AM..
Old 08-06-2023, 01:22 PM
Kobold

From https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.vtwakkm55j30

Purchasing from other players is prohibited.

Level appropriate buffs, bind, and ports are allowed if you are in level range of the spell. Always make sure to donate.

Do not ask for buffs while grinding. If someone buffs you it’s fine. Click off buffs that are not level appropriate.

You may sell items at market value. No selling low lvl items like HQ pelts/Bone Chips for big plat.

Purchasing gear off vendors that they do not usually sell is prohibited. No looting other people's kills.

You may have an enchanter/cleric “Enchant” items for armor you make.

Buying research mats off vendors is fine. It is too hard to “farm” those specific items if you are doing research

And not specifically mentioned in the rules page but you must solo.
Last edited by Iumuno; 08-06-2023 at 01:29 PM..
Old 08-06-2023, 07:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make your own rule set. The biggest distinction is between "found" and "funded."
Just my luck, I found a bag full of tradable raid gear my main dropped on the ground. ezpz
Old 08-07-2023, 12:37 AM
Planar Protector

I didn’t realize that level appropriate buffs from other players was allowed.. I assumed that was taboo.
Old 09-12-2023, 12:17 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iumuno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.vtwakkm55j30

Purchasing from other players is prohibited.

Level appropriate buffs, bind, and ports are allowed if you are in level range of the spell. Always make sure to donate.

Do not ask for buffs while grinding. If someone buffs you it’s fine. Click off buffs that are not level appropriate.

You may sell items at market value. No selling low lvl items like HQ pelts/Bone Chips for big plat.

Purchasing gear off vendors that they do not usually sell is prohibited. No looting other people's kills.

You may have an enchanter/cleric “Enchant” items for armor you make.

Buying research mats off vendors is fine. It is too hard to “farm” those specific items if you are doing research

And not specifically mentioned in the rules page but you must solo.
These are the self imposed rules the way i know them. Personally, I think some classes are probably too easy, even with SSF, and an extra stipulation is required. Like i play a primarily tap tanking necro because it's pretty easy if you don't have to take hits or can kite. That's just 1 example.