Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 11:21 AM
Fire Giant

Default Songs & 54+ mobs

I recently switched from my pally to a bard. I AoE kited from up to level 30 and have since vowed to group as much as possible, because playing in groups as a bard is just way more fun and is what this game is about in the first place. I really, really enjoy making use of my Charisma based songs. I was looking ahead to see what I will be utilizing at the higher levels and ran into this: looking at the wiki, it indicates that Song of Twilight (does not turn you into a glittery vampire) only mezzes creatures up to level 54. I recall reading somewhere that Bards cannot mez mobs 55+ in classic era, I'm assuming that this is true. I'm curious if lulls and charms work on 55+, or are we just mana bots in 55+ camps?
Old 09-03-2015, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Lulls cap at level 55.

Charm for bards I believe caps at level 51.

Your Snare song however has no level cap, you can CC via kiting like that.

Unfortunately, CC is one of the areas that Velious is really bad for. Giants and Dragons cannot be mezzed or stunned, charm caps 7 levels below max level for enchanters, mez caps basically at level 55/57. Rapture exists but it's not really that useful due to cost and recast for regular group CC.

It wasn't until PoP when they added more Mez/Charm spells that allowed charming up to 62/64 and mezzing up to 68 that the game allowed for CC at the high end.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:43 PM
Fire Giant

Thank you for the great information, Daldaen. I imagine that I will be doing a lot of buffing/regening/snaring in higher end Velious groups then. Not a bad thing, but I will certainly miss pulling/cc'ing.