Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixpence [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In a group PVP fight would you always aim to take down the healer, chanter first?
I'm still learning this stuff, so maybe more experienced players can chime in, but certain classes will be higher-priority targets. Yes, enchanters should be high-priority, since they are troublesome with tash, mez, strength debuffs like enfeeblement/cripple, and more, and they're squishy (especially if you can dispell their rune). Shamans are another target, as their malo spells are very important for rooting/snaring players with high MR, which is very important for killing them; plus, they have heals and dangerous DoTs and nukes. Much of the same goes for mages. And so on...I'd like to write this up for all classes. Maybe others want to add some info to this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixpence [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm still unclear if you have 'sides' as it were? Or is it a free for all ? The vid's I've been watching show Gnome Wizards taking out Gnome Wizards etc, so it's not Good V Evil ?
Yep, it's a total free-for-all within 4 levels above or below you. Level 1s cannot be attacked in certain zones; yellow text is only generated when players level 10 or higher are killed. Players organize themselves into guilds, which compete for raid targets.

This is great. As an officer of <Fresh>, it's good to know what new players want to know.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:44 PM
Sarnak

It's really helping me click it all into place.

I had always assumed it was Good v Evil & hadn't even considered the fact you might get ganked by your own Race, let alone Party.
I now have visions of the Tanks sat on their own between pulls [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Throw that last Heal or keep the mana in case you get attacked by your own party, that's a lot to consider.

Getting done on your own Corpse Run must be a bloody nightmare...or, as it seems just 'Deal with it'.

Sounds Like ACE fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] & I can finally see the appeal. I'll be spending time on Red Next week, in a ghillie suit...
Old 04-18-2015, 07:14 PM
Banned

yah Sixpence, think of those quiet awkward late 20's early 30's people you meet that give a shiver down your back coz something is off about them.

no gf's/wife
rent bumpy side room of garage off family member

wearing ratty clothes, and work 2-3 days a week, bags under eyes from playing 12 hours a day on their days off, slighty plump body size.

that's about 75% of Red99's population

the other 25% have fulltime/gfs/wives jobs and think they are killing irl

all in all everyone here is pretty twisted, or has some tweek that makes them play a 16 year old game..luv it
Last edited by Farzo; 04-18-2015 at 07:19 PM..
Old 04-18-2015, 07:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yah Sixpence, think of those quiet awkward mid 20's early 30's people you meet that give a shiver down your back coz something is off about them.

wearing ratty clothes, and work 2-3 days a week, bags under eyes from playing 12 hours a day on their days off, slighty plump body size.

add a weird wispy amish person beard and a third-trimester male pregnancy from butt insemination and youve got Farzo
Old 04-18-2015, 07:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slathar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
add a weird wispy amish person beard and a third-trimester male pregnancy from butt insemination and youve got Farzo
^--this poster is one of the 'residential' nut jobs.

*whispers* he thinks he drives an Italian sports car when its actually a 1983 toyota corolla with hubcaps missing*

p.s requote my post I edited more in.
Old 04-18-2015, 07:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^--this poster is one of the 'residential' nut jobs.

p.s requote my post I edited more in.
yes im insane. im fat unemployed and have no skills to speak of

how mad does it make you?
Old 04-18-2015, 07:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Getting done on your own Corpse Run must be a bloody nightmare...or, as it seems just 'Deal with it'.
Actually, you can call "LNS," for "loot and scoot," and then 2 things happen: the person or group who killed you can't kill you again; and, after you loot up, you have to stay out of that zone for 1 hour after you leave the zone. Take a screenshot if attacked so you can petition if they violate LNS. Most players don't violate LNS, as they risk getting banned.

Quote:
I can finally see the appeal.
Ha!

Yes, it's rough and crazy and hostile, like the Wild West of EverQuest. The Buddhists might call it an opportunity to practice nonattachment. Anyway, it's not hard to make friends and every success is that much more satisfying.
Old 04-18-2015, 07:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
yah Sixpence, think of those quiet awkward late 20's early 30's people you meet that give a shiver down your back coz something is off about them.

no gf's/wife
rent bumpy side room of garage off family member

the other 25% have fulltime/gfs/wives jobs and think they are killing irl

all in all everyone here is pretty twisted, or has some tweek that makes them play a 16 year old game..luv it

Farzo, that made me chuckle.
I was the former & am glad to say that made it to the latter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-18-2015, 07:34 PM
Sarnak

I Keep my NIN Hoodie, just for playing Eq.

I Really appreciate the feedback on here folks, It really is helping me.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slathar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh my lord
Closed Thread