Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-23-2022, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You aren't bringing a Mage to Fungi King
I will argue this one even though we're more broadly in agreement: If the guy plays a mage, it happens to be what he has, his buddies aren't going to tell him to stuff it and stay home if they happen to want to do myconids sometime. So this time, he goes to Fungus King, ideal or not. The wife and I have had friends on unusual-for-the-zone characters tag along with us any number of times. So for this specific discussion, I think we shouldn't discount it. The group's going to make do with what they have.

Danth
Old 08-23-2022, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will argue this one even though we're more broadly in agreement: If the guy plays a mage, it happens to be what he has, his buddies aren't going to tell him to stuff it and stay home if they happen to want to do myconids sometime. So this time, he goes to Fungus King, ideal or not. The wife and I have had friends on unusual-for-the-zone characters tag along with us any number of times. So for this specific discussion, I think we shouldn't discount it. The group's going to make do with what they have.

Danth
Of course, but this discussion is about ideal classes. Obviously a group of friends will do what they want with what they have. You could do Fungi King with a lot of class combinations, but that doesn't mean Mage is better than Shaman if you had to pick one.
Old 08-23-2022, 03:17 PM
Fire Giant

The thread is "Best 4 person all caster/priest group", not "best at disco group".

I also bring mages to Fungi King all the time, even though I can do duo it. Mages are also great for Tola/Prot. You clearly don't understand how abusable chain summoning pets is.
Last edited by Keebz; 08-23-2022 at 03:22 PM..
Old 08-23-2022, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of course, but this discussion is about ideal classes.
Sort of: It was about an ideal group, but for use overall, including taking said group to places where their characters might be individually unsuited. If you're stuck with a magician at fungus king, even if you'd prefer something else, it's an interesting discussion in its own right to see what it can do and how to make the best of it.

It's a big game. None but the most determined magician advocates aren't going to concede the shaman's going to be better when this same group heads over to West Wastes to fight some dragons.
Old 08-23-2022, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The thread is "Best 4 person all caster/priest group", not "best at disco group".

I also bring mages to Fungi King all the time, even though I can do duo it. Mages are also great for Tola/Prot. You clearly don't understand how abusable chain summoning pets is.
Troxx didn't bring Fungi King parse data. I am using similar mobs to what he was parsing. Mob level will affect the parses, so I want to be as equal as possible.

I am not saying you can't bring Mages to Fungi King. But you don't need them there. That's the point. You could bring a Wizard to Fungi King too and they could burst some things down. But you would probably prefer a Mage over a Wizard[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I understand chain pets just fine. Chaining pets isn't increasing your DPS, it is keeping it steady.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-23-2022 at 03:33 PM..
Old 08-23-2022, 03:35 PM
Fire Giant

There's a stanos parse from Balimon. Go parse a real mob.

We are either talking about leveling, in which case you've admitted shaman isn't ideal, or we are talking about big game hunting at lvl 60 and so far all your rhetoric is about killing some lvl 40 trash around disco.
Old 08-23-2022, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a stanos parse from Balimon. Go parse a real mob.

We are either talking about leveling, in which case you've admitted shaman isn't ideal, or we are talking about big game hunting at lvl 60 and so far all your rhetoric is about killing some lvl 40 trash around disco.
Parse the videos on my youtube channel. Those mobs are plenty tough[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But again, my DPS will be lower because I am also tanking the mob. Remember that a Shaman can kill a lot of mobs that a Mage cannot, so that should also be taken into account. Half DPS due to tanking is better than 0 DPS because you died to the mob lol.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-23-2022 at 03:43 PM..
Old 08-23-2022, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry to UCF, DSM is worse.
Lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-23-2022, 03:47 PM
Sarnak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's kind of impressive to be this staggeringly wrong and hold your ground for 33 pages posting 4-5 times per page
Old 08-23-2022, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Burnt Wood Staff = 25 DPS clickie nuke, OR
Boots of Bladecalling = 35 DPS clickie nuke
Mage Velious Robe = clickie Shield of Lava (25 point DS)
Mage Velious Pants = clickie Burnout III (pet haste)

A Mage can pump out massive sustained DPS for hours on end using literally no mana and by pressing two buttons per mob. Throw in C2 and downtime medding and the Mage can also toss in regular nukes for even higher DPS. A focused 60 water pet positioned for backstabbing is very close if not greater than epic pet DPS and is very attainable for every Mage main.

The Mage is easily maintaining over 100 DPS while day trading, doing laundry, gardening and lifting weights. Meanwhile DSM's keyboard is catching on fire from pressing buttons so fast trying to Canni/Torpor back the 800 mana he is blowing each kill. StarCraft world champions literally salivating over this man's sustained APM and click speed. Korean teenagers making pilgrimages to his house to learn his secrets (he tells them nothing, he just whispers "I did it all for the Fungi"). Even still, despite his best efforts, he is easily smoked by the Mage's DPS in real world scenarios.But his quixotic crusade persists. He must spread the gospel of Bane and Pox. It's worth it to him to be recognized as the only DPS Shaman in the history of EverQuest (in his delusional mind at least).