Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 07-06-2022, 06:41 PM
Aviak

Default Returning.. maybe try green?

Hi guys

So I'm planning to return to p99 again after another hiatus period and I'm thinking of playing on green. I am (happy to admit) a filthy casual player 🤣 so deciding if I can start totally from scratch again.

Thinking of making a shaman maybe barb or troll and jump on and crack on. Is there plans for the servers to merge soon? I did read that but I don't believe everything I read on the Internet.

Also I'm right in saying you can play on blue and green at the same time or is that not correct?
Old 07-06-2022, 08:57 PM
Kobold

You can play on blue and green at the same time. No official word on a merge. Someone more knowledgeable will chime in on that. You probably have a year
Old 07-07-2022, 12:10 AM
Planar Protector

I would bet if they merge it will be in the next 6-9 months. They said Jan 2023 was th earliest they would do it
Old 07-07-2022, 11:21 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by xarilzir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi guys

So I'm planning to return to p99 again after another hiatus period and I'm thinking of playing on green. I am (happy to admit) a filthy casual player 🤣 so deciding if I can start totally from scratch again.

Thinking of making a shaman maybe barb or troll and jump on and crack on. Is there plans for the servers to merge soon? I did read that but I don't believe everything I read on the Internet.

Also I'm right in saying you can play on blue and green at the same time or is that not correct?
No one knows if it when a merge is coming. You can play both servers at the same time if you really want to. I’d suggest green if you are wanting to level as there is still a decent population of lower level pugs.
Old 07-07-2022, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewbes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one knows if it when a merge is coming. You can play both servers at the same time if you really want to. I’d suggest green if you are wanting to level as there is still a decent population of lower level pugs.
Lol you really need to accept that the merge is happening. It will make it easier on you when it does.

At any rate, as someone with low level alts on both Blue and Green, the experience is the same at this point. Which unfortunately is that there is low population in the lower level ranges so if you are a group dependent class you can stagnate for a bit. Even in the popular lower level leveling zones, finding enough people in them to even try to form a pick up group is a toss up. Weekends are much easier on both servers, but weeknights is a complete toss up on both.

So really what it comes down to is do you want a slightly easier path to gearing up your character because decent gear is slightly cheaper? If yes, go Blue. If you want it to be a little bit harder on that front, go Green.

But the leveling experience besides the gear point above is the same.
Old 07-08-2022, 11:14 AM
Kobold

So far I have yet to struggle to get low level groups in Green. Leveled a Mage to 48 grouping, and I am currently leveling an Enchanter as well.

I have found Crushbone > Unrest > High Keep > Unrest to be a guaranteed path into your 30s for grouping
Old 07-08-2022, 01:01 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol you really need to accept that the merge is happening. It will make it easier on you when it does.

At any rate, as someone with low level alts on both Blue and Green, the experience is the same at this point. Which unfortunately is that there is low population in the lower level ranges so if you are a group dependent class you can stagnate for a bit. Even in the popular lower level leveling zones, finding enough people in them to even try to form a pick up group is a toss up. Weekends are much easier on both servers, but weeknights is a complete toss up on both.

So really what it comes down to is do you want a slightly easier path to gearing up your character because decent gear is slightly cheaper? If yes, go Blue. If you want it to be a little bit harder on that front, go Green.

Yea it's 100% happening. The oggok incident happened for a reason
Old 07-08-2022, 01:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by VesperVapes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea it's 100% happening. The oggok incident happened for a reason
Thank you. Not only has that been the stated plan the entire time, but they were also working on the mechanics with Oggok.

I'm not saying the merge is a good thing or bad thing, it is just overwhelmingly likely to happen.
Old 07-08-2022, 02:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You can safely ignore anything this user says. They lie in the hopes that disinforming the player base they'll ensure the servers are merged so they can acquire legacy pixels.

Here's the official word:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Green_Server

Quote:
Server Merge - The staff has had considerable discussion internally regarding the merging of Green into Blue at the end of the timeline. We've heard your concerns. At this time, we haven't made a final decision, but we have also decided that we will leave the door open. A lot can change in 3 years, and we may chose to leave Green running independently as we open additional servers in the future.
Quote:
No one except master server developer Nilbog knows Green's exact schedule.

Last edited by ya.dingus; 07-08-2022 at 02:58 PM..
Old 07-08-2022, 05:55 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loiterius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So far I have yet to struggle to get low level groups in Green. Leveled a Mage to 48 grouping, and I am currently leveling an Enchanter as well.

I have found Crushbone > Unrest > High Keep > Unrest to be a guaranteed path into your 30s for grouping
Yeah, I was going to say. If I need to find a group, it's pretty easy in the lowbie areas.