Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Classic resist system or Null's non-classic system?
Keep the resist system as classic as possible 67 60.91%
Add Null's VZ/TZ bastardization that isn't classic 43 39.09%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billbike [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being that you never even played VZTZ, how do you know what you are arguing against?
I'm arguing against anything that isn't classic. Null came from VZTZ; VZTZ did not use a classic pvp system; Null is trying to implement a non-classic resist system. 2+2=4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billbike [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While you were bluing it up with unicorns and rainbows, the guys at VZTZ were actually PvPing. Their experience with EMU and PVP is relevant and should not be discounted in ignorance.
Yawn, obligatory 'bluebie' drivel from a VZTZ'r.

The argument is pretty simple:

Red99 has been advertized as a Classic PVP server just as p99 is advertized as a Classic EQ server.

Stuff is being implemented that is NOT classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:55 PM
Large Rat

Old 10-15-2011, 07:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimixownzall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm arguing against anything that isn't classic. Null came from VZTZ; VZTZ did not use a classic pvp system; Null is trying to implement a non-classic resist system. 2+2=4

Yawn, obligatory 'bluebie' drivel from a VZTZ'r.

The argument is pretty simple:

Red99 has been advertized as a Classic PVP server just as p99 is advertized as a Classic EQ server.

Stuff is being implemented that is NOT classic.

OCCUPYRED99 MOVEMENT, TAKE IT TO THE STREETS.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:09 PM
Sarnak

[QUOTE=mimixownzall;435113] I'm arguing against anything that isn't classic. Null came from VZTZ; VZTZ did not use a classic pvp system; Null is trying to implement a non-classic resist system. 2+2=4

You really want everything truely classic? Really?

The current state of beta isn't classic. Ruleset, dynamic pvp range, etc. Many things will be changed, and therefore not classic.

Classic is a relative concept. You want it classic like day 1, or classic when you played on live? That would make it classic for YOU right?

Edit: Mimi a real female? Defending her thread with emotion, ignoring logic, etc.
Last edited by Billbike; 10-15-2011 at 08:20 PM..
Old 10-15-2011, 08:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Being that you never even played VZTZ, how do you know what you are arguing against?

While you were bluing it up with unicorns and rainbows, the guys at VZTZ were actually PvPing. Their experience with EMU and PVP is relevant and should not be discounted in ignorance.
rofl.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:33 PM
Banned

Poll is biased, I haven't played on Null's box and all I've heard about him are good things - I'd prolly be in support of whatever people think feels like classic. I played briefly on VZ/TZ box 3.0 and am not sure if it was Null's resist system but - being darknessed with 180 mr and zerged down by hybrids hitting for full dmg was pretty shitty.

On live I griefed more then anything - as a solo pvper, since my guild didn't log on till 11pm cst + I solo pvpd around velks as a rogue near 160 unbuffed mr, and before that as a tantor tusk/fungi troll war with around 130 mr - If snares ever landed my solo pvp career wouldn't have been possible. I remember if there was an ench with raputre/shaman with malo I would have to retreat, but other then that - I was pretty free moving.

I understand CC spells should be landing on naked people, but on the other hand - if they're landing on 150+mr resist people it'll definitely be garbage assist train on the snared guy with 0 skill involved.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:35 PM
Sarnak

Beta must still be down because this mimi guy has been blowing up the forums all day.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:41 PM
Fire Giant

Work =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
Old 10-15-2011, 08:57 PM
Fire Giant

I don't think Null has some crazy agenda for making the server into the dream of the VZTZ crowd while fucking everyone else over.

That said I can see where people's disappointment is coming from. While people can argue the points at which spells full resist, partial resist, or masturbate til they bleed, I am pretty sure everyone agrees that most CC spells had a standard set max duration in pve or pvp, and either landed or didn't, and not some 6 tick max duration with partial resists causing shorter durations.

There is no real way to claim that implementing this is an attempt to achieve a classic experience. If you wanted a classic experience, you would simply have the spells work like they did in classic, and tweak resist numbers to achieve the optimal point where XXX resist had the desired effect of allowing the spell to land or resist or partial ZZZ percent of the time. And then you would tweak things like root breaking from damage and what not until that also matched classic. Completely changing the resist dynamic for "balance" is not trying to code a classic system.

Either way I will play and I will have fun. So I am not going to spend too many tears on a non-classic resist system lol.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think Null has some crazy agenda for making the server into the dream of the VZTZ crowd while fucking everyone else over.
That is exactly his agenda. I've talked to him about it before. I say "Null why are you trying to completely alter the game and screw it up like this", he replies with "I think casters should be able to use all of their spells in PvP"

His methodology of balance is extremely ignorant because no PvP MMORPG on earth has spammable crowd control spells. DAoC has immunity timers on them and WoW has recast timers on them. For UO, you just spam trapped pouches and they become countered completely.

No actual game dev on earth will release a game like the one Null is trying to force on us.

Quote:
This guy's posts are extremely fishy, every one of them is talking about how awesome TZVZ and it's staff were and his sig says the same thing. Is this Daxum posting anonymously? Who the hell is this guy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand CC spells should be landing on naked people, but on the other hand - if they're landing on 150+mr resist people it'll definitely be garbage assist train on the snared guy with 0 skill involved.
Yep, only lame ass zergers want this system implemented because that's the only people it benefits.
Closed Thread