Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 12:09 PM
Fire Giant

What people are crying about is, they want to be overpowered single toon hit and run griefers.

They want a rulesystem/resistsystem that enables that kind of play. To throw 130 MR on a druid and proceed to grief the world solo, with basically no risk.

But now that there will be a element of chance thrown into their "sure thing" they are shedding tears.

Once again, this server is about playing EQ, with the option of PvP to settle in game disputes and for Roleplay. Its not about buliding the perfect toon to grief the world with as your game focus.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:11 PM
Banned

Repost from other thread:

Why altering crowd control spells from EQ live only affects the game in negative ways:

1) Forced Grouping: Real Everquest PvP was not a forced grouping game. By having all this CC land easily, you make it far too easy for people to get in groups and zerg rush down solo players or smaller numbers of people. Your theology of balance is inherently "pro-zerg rush".

2) Hybrid vs Pure Melee balance: In real EQ PvP, these classes were balanced relatively well against each other in eras like Kunark. The balance probably tipped towards hybrids but it was still close. Letting crowd control land easily dramatically increases the power of hybrids resulting in major imbalance.

3) Channeling Skill: Pure melee do not receive the channeling skill, they can't pumice anything while being hit. Making crowd control land easily dramatically nerfs pure melee while being much less of a nerf to hybrids and other caster classes.

4) Caster vs Melee survivability: When a zerg of people runs at you spamming crowd control spells and you know you're gonna die if you stick around, the moment root lands, the caster hits the gate button or shadowstep/gate and escapes before they reach him a lot of the time. Melee on the other hand will try to pumice, get rooted again soon as it comes off, and gang banged by the zerg for a free kill. This is obviously a huge imbalance in survivability, especially when tank classes are supposed to have high survivability.

5) Dumbing down the game: Crowd control spells landing easily makes it so melee classes are always attacking stationary targets. This removes all the skill from playing a melee class completely. You're no longer jousting anyone, you just stand next to them with auto-attack on. It's inherently dumbing down the game and removing skilled aspects.

6) Another unintended upgrade to hybrids: This is something only someone who played a hybrid on TZVZ would understand. He made CC land easily but also made it last a short duration. When a caster roots you and you're fighting 1vs1, you already know it's going to drop relatively soon. The pure melee really has no choice except to pumice it since he can't do anything else. For the hybrid on the other hand, a lot of the time it's actually more effective to completely ignore it and heal yourself/lifetap or root them back instead because you're gonna be able to move soon anyway. The end result is that melees have to pumice themselves and hybrids get to ignore root, not pumice themselves, and also do useful things while the root is on them (casting) during 1vs1's.

7) 1vs1's where each person casts root 50 times: Example of how ridiculous this system is: A paladin or ranger sees a caster class and a 1vs1 starts. Since being able to immobilize your target is such a powerful spell, the hybrid is gonna spam it. Once the caster sees the hybrid chain rooting him in between swings, he realizes his only hope is to root the hybrid back and hopefully resist a root so he can get some space between each other. This goes on over and over and each player is basically perma rooted the entire fight while occasionally popping out and running a few steps. Does this actually sound fun to anyone?
Old 10-15-2011, 12:13 PM
Banned

no, what people are bitching about is that they want the proper resistance system for classic everquest, if they wanted a bunch of retarded redseigned shit they would play one of the 500 new games with a pop 15x larger.

granted those of you who cant stop sucking cock long enough for the splooge on your chin to dry might not understand what all the fuss is about with your whopping level 23 post luclin experience on a dead zek server.

everyone else does not like the direction it is going and are rightfully pointing out such.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:30 PM
Fire Giant

I understand perfectly that its "not classic" im just wondering if it will be better for the "community" this way.

I.E. it forces the VZ/TZ brews and the griefers to leave

So its a trade off, less then classic resists, for more classic community. I.E. griefers and VZ/TZ hackers in the small small minority.

Thats the angle im looking at it at.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:32 PM
Banned

how the fuck does using the vztz system force the vztz players that you have some kind of unhealthy obsession with to leave?

and why do we want them to leave anyway? long as their not hacking the game i give no shit whether or not soandso is a fucktard, in fact the more fucktards the better as they provide the most amusement.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:34 PM
Fire Giant

Because they are like you and play to grief. And you already said you will leave so...
Old 10-15-2011, 12:36 PM
Banned

how do you know how i play?

what is griefing to you anyway? getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?

people like you bring any "griefing" on yourselves
Old 10-15-2011, 12:42 PM
Fire Giant

I've been on the same server as you in both EQ and Vanguard. You actually know me, but I'm not into internet fame and glory, I almost never use the same toon or forum names twice.

Guess thats another difference between traditional old school players and those who seek new hights of epeen.

You are a random PK, and when your kind reaches a certain percentage of the servers population, the sever dies. We cannot cater to that.

To repost:

Quote:
About 35% were there for the sake of trolling other players.
And by trolling, I meant to the point where they would grief someone off the server. Not to do battle with others.
So if these "changes" to classic result in that precentage becomming 10 percent or less.. its a worthwhile sacrifice for the long term health of the server.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:50 PM
Banned

so your saying that in order to save the server from being single handedly destroyed by my pking folks (lol) that one must cut off the nose to spite the face (horrible resistance system) which will in turn make it so hundreds less even try the server than otherwise would have happened.

sound logic, maybe you can go test it on al'kabor for the final nail in the coffin of inane stupid bullshit.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand perfectly that its "not classic" im just wondering if it will be better for the "community" this way.

I.E. it forces the VZ/TZ brews and the griefers to leave
You honestly need full blown down syndrome to believe this. The Null resist system benefits "griefers" much more than classic resists.

When server goes live, you're gonna see guild groups of 6 people walking around and zerg rushing all the solos and unguilded players. With Null resists, you'll be perma stunned/rooted/immobilized and instantly die. With classic resists, people just run away from zerg gankers and they stop doing it because it gives them no results.
Closed Thread